Wrath of the Soul Forge King boxset

1 hour ago, Emperor Ming said:

140 to 175 for 1 attack and 1 wound:ermm:

Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't look fantastic:laugh:

Apart from the model ofc,  which does look fantastic:yes:

52 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Azrael was already one of the strongest chapter masters tbh, he is very very good

Yeah, I find it hard to say how valuable two extra CP are for Arks of Omen detachments. The Lion Helm's 4+ invulnerable versus shooting, combined with a Dark Angel Devastator Doctrine Castle and Codex Warfare... that could be a gnarly anvil to a Ravenwing Hammer.

3 hours ago, jaxom said:

Yeah, I find it hard to say how valuable two extra CP are for Arks of Omen detachments. The Lion Helm's 4+ invulnerable versus shooting, combined with a Dark Angel Devastator Doctrine Castle and Codex Warfare... that could be a gnarly anvil to a Ravenwing Hammer.

Dark Angels use Terminators for their anvil, and nowadays that already comes with free 4++ on everything if you want it. Those blocks get a lot more value from Lazarus or a Chaplain with Litany of Faith, or even an Apothecary.

Ravenwing would not need it either, as they are getting their Jink save and using Sammael for rerolls.

Potentially you could use Azrael to give 4++ to a backfield gunline though, and his extra CP are nice.

1 hour ago, phandaal said:

Dark Angels use Terminators for their anvil, and nowadays that already comes with free 4++ on everything if you want it. Those blocks get a lot more value from Lazarus or a Chaplain with Litany of Faith, or even an Apothecary.

Ravenwing would not need it either, as they are getting their Jink save and using Sammael for rerolls.

Potentially you could use Azrael to give 4++ to a backfield gunline though, and his extra CP are nice.

Oh yeah, that's my bad. I totally spaced on that being a phrase. Basically I was thinking Azrael with three of the new Desolators. Stationary for the bonus to hit, can indirect fire against infantry, superkrak against vehicles, with the Chapter Master re-rolls and the invul save.

2 hours ago, phandaal said:

Azrael would work well with Aggressors or Eradicators etc though.

10 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Azrael would work well with Aggressors or Eradicators etc though.

Yes, by far. Aggressors and Eradicators are cheap and his 4++ aura makes them extremely durable for their cost.

Aggressors are generally as good as Terminators in close combat but with better shooting, and Eradicators are great at blowing things up lol

He's not an absolute weapon but he's a pretty nifty Greater Daemon-equivalent. The half range of vehicle weapons is very cool and really curb something like a Gladiator Reaper's output. Halving the move and attacks on a vehicle would also do really well into Dreadnoughts and the like.

He'll die quite quickly though. I wonder how many points he is? He's definitely not a standout but would pair nicely with a Lord Discordant into an Iron Hands army

(The Lord of Terror WLT made me wince in pain, Unholy Fortitude would've been the nicer pick and made him a bit more suriviable)

He will suffer the same fate Lord of Discordant did before going to 9W with him being at 14W and just be a fire magnet and get shot off the board on T1 or T2. Crap warlord trait. And at 13PL he will be 241-260pts.

And people thought he would be the 5th chaos God hahaha. Dude isn't even on the same level as some of the greater daemons.

8 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Vashtorr and his Disciples also get access to an army of Renown

This actually makes  a pretty cool Daemon Engine focused army that allows Engines to be in all Wantons at all times. That's pretty rad!

The cultists in the box set make more sense now, too. They "empower his soul-forged engines of destruction" so the Daemon Engines get the all the Wanton benefits all the time while the other units never get the Wanton benefits.