Wrath of the Soul Forge King boxset

22 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Just not a box that floats my boat. Especially not at 13o£

Same - i want Azrael but have no need of the rest and while i'm sure i can shift the big Vash quickly, I don't fancy getting lumbered with the rest.

10 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

Same - i want Azrael but have no need of the rest and while i'm sure i can shift the big Vash quickly, I don't fancy getting lumbered with the rest.

I wish they did boxes without all the clutter.

Call them 40k: Legendary Foes. In it you get the two characters and a short story about them. Sell with a minor discount 

49 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

Shame I dont live up north still, Id have split it with you. If I hear of anyone up that neck of the woods is getting rid of the Traitor in the nightgown Ill let you know. 

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

Call them 40k: Legendary Foes. In it you get the two characters and a short story about them. Sell with a minor discount 

I like that idea. Though I expect GW doesn't, as it means they don't get to offload old stock to people as part of a "deal".

10 minutes ago, Lord Nord said:

Another example of how a Cultist kit with options might have earned GW a few more sales.

Maybe. If the Cultists had been a better kit with the option for Autoguns and specials instead of just Pistols/Hand Weapons I'd keep them, as it is I'm planning to sell them, but it hasn't affected me getting the box itself.

5 hours ago, Redcomet said:

Just not a box that floats my boat. Especially not at 13o£

Yes, too much chaff to justify the expense, particularly if you just want the new Characters. Agustus was much better in that regard as most of the models were new. Even the Heavy Intercessors are less than 3 years old.

3 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

I like that idea. Though I expect GW doesn't, as it means they don't get to offload old stock to people as part of a "deal".

Triumvirate boxes were the bomb. With amazing box art, print cards inside and amazing miniatures. I wish they do new ones so badly.

I want some of the models but I can't justify buying a huge box each time GW releases a new kit.

Also I know it's not a big deal but I just looked properly at the box artwork and it's really odd. It looks like Vashtorr is going in for the kiss.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

Yes, too much chaff to justify the expense, particularly if you just want the new Characters. Agustus was much better in that regard as most of the models were new. Even the Heavy Intercessors are less than 3 years old.

They actually just turned two today - Kill Team: Pariah Nexus was officially on sale March 6th of 2021. And of course the squad didn't come out as a separate kit until the end of May. Probably seems a little longer just because of how long we had their datasheet available in the codex before we finally got the models.

I have some minor interest in Vashtorr but I don't know his rules, how an army plays with him or really anything about him. I don't want to be bothered selling off this and that just to get him

I just want Vashtorr and the awesome Supreme Grandmaster because they'll be great painting projects, so the box for me is a miss. I'll wait until they come out individually or I'll pay the price of an eBay seller who parts them out. I have no need for the other Chaos models, nor do I need additional regular Intercessors. The Deathwing are alright, as they are great models, but for the price I'm not going be picking the box up. 

19 hours ago, Redcomet said:

If you’re going to do that, might as well just have them separately. The number of people who would want both must be pretty low. Harder to split with a friend as they must want that one specific model too.

17 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Azrael's datasheet looks to have gone up early

If I remember correctly, we saw this ages ago? It doesn't look like much of note has changed with his crossing of the rubicon

He has got the standard +1A and +1W for being Primarus. More impressively, the Sword of Secrets has gone up from 2D to 3D making him pretty menacing to a wider variety of targets. Is that worth the extra 30 points over his previous incarnation? Not sure but Agustus seems to have been written pre AoO so there is reason to hope his price will come down in the new codex.

I'm willing to paint/use both sides of this box. It is extremely expensive, and I would most likely skip it if I weren't reading and enjoying the main characters in the Arks books. However I really wish they'd show the Arkifane's rules. I'd love to know if he'd fit with one army better than another. IE: Iron Warriors/Black Legion/World Eaters. All could be interesting so it would be nice to know.

I'd consider using both sides since I highly doubt selling the Dark Angels side would be worth it. I think the Termies are great, and Azrael looks amazing (perhaps one of the only times I'd seriously consider painting an HQ with helmet on.)

17 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

140 to 175 for 1 attack and 1 wound:ermm:

Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't look fantastic:laugh:

Apart from the model ofc,  which does look fantastic:yes:

Plus 1 damage on the sword and 170pts, so more of a side grade and not an auto include.