9 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

For international reference is it the same cost as the astartes battle group?

It looks like it's 10 euros more, so it may be the same price/slightly higher, depending on region.

As @darkhorse0607mentioned, if the US price list is accurate, then it's the same price in USD, and may be the same for Canada/Australia/etc.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

So sprue shots on the new article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/26/solar-auxilia-kit-focus-building-the-finest-human-infantry-in-the-galaxy/

THH SolarAuxKitFocus Feb26 Sprue1

Confirms just 5 bodies it seems which isn't great. Also our first look at the backpack which is a hefty downgrade in detail from the original resin ones. Seems like they took inspiration from the Genestealer Neophytes on this one. 

Jam packed with extra bits though. 

And the command group. Which is not a seperate unit but an upgrade sprue. Also explicitly stating that's where you get a Legate from:

THH SolarAuxKitFocus Feb26 Sprue2

Edited by Matcap86

Disappointing that the sprue is for both Tactical and Line Command sections, I was hoping for a fancier-looking Tactical command at a later date. Otherwise, the sprues look great, love to see that the Blast Charger attachments are separate, and a good few swords to pick from.

I'm only now realising why the new plastics are throwing me off sillhoutte wise: They added a lamp to one shoulder and removed the reinforced ridge on one side making a much more asymetrical look.  I do hope that's an optional bit or easily removable.

10 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

I'm only now realising why the new plastics are throwing me off sillhoutte wise: They added a lamp to one shoulder and removed the reinforced ridge on one side making a much more asymetrical look.  I do hope that's an optional bit or easily removable.

The lamps built into the chest plates but looks easy to remove

IMG_8735.jpeg

I do hope they keep the resin legate marshal kit, I'm OK with using the plastic for line officers and captains, but I want my marshal to be a fancy boi

6 minutes ago, Boytoy said:

I do hope they keep the resin legate marshal kit, I'm OK with using the plastic for line officers and captains, but I want my marshal to be a fancy boi

I wouldnt expect them to, better buy it before it goes

So they finally made their minds up about it being a dual-kit for both Line Command and Tactical Command.

I have to say, I'm surprised. I think the kit works fine for a- well, Line Command Section, but it is a notable downgrade from the resin kit, especially the Legate/Lord Marshal. I know sacrifices were inevitable going from resin to plastic, but the resin Tactical Command just oozed character and with their lack of talking about it being a dual-kit until now, I fully expected a standalone plastic Tactical Command which more closely resembled the resin one.

You:

Nh6AocTtiNhqshyO.jpg

The Guy She Tells You Not To Worry About:

gw-99550105393_4.png?ex=65ef5308&is=65dc

Worth mentioning they've referenced a new unit coming in Bacon-Gammon at the bottom of the article, "you can also promote them to a personal Lifeward Section, entrusted with the Legate Marshal’s safety (and their spare weapons). You’ll soon find rules for these personal protectors in The Battle for Beta-Garmon."

How exactly these guys are meant to differ from a Companion Section is anyone's guess. WS5/BS5, Retinue and Cohort Vexilia/Command Vox? 

Edited by Lord Marshal

27 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

So they finally made their minds up about it being a dual-kit for both Line Command and Tactical Command.

*snip*

Worth mentioning they've referenced a new unit coming in Bacon-Gammon at the bottom of the article, "you can also promote them to a personal Lifeward Section, entrusted with the Legate Marshal’s safety (and their spare weapons). You’ll soon find rules for these personal protectors in The Battle for Beta-Garmon."

How exactly these guys are meant to differ from a Companion Section is anyone's guess. WS5/BS5, Retinue and Cohort Vexilia/Command Vox? 

its the tac-com section, without any of the gear they can take, quite dissapointing, as for lifewards, i'm guessing its probably a retinue which will be just a companion squad, possible with more weapon choices, but otherwise the exact same, I'm not expecting much.

If the command section is meant to represent Tactical and Line Command Sections that a huge kick in the balls. Unless there is a special weapon sprue coming for the companion options it’s pretty useless. 

On the bright side the weird magazine nutsacks are optional!

Edited by Marshal Rohr