Jump to content

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, grailkeeper said:

You can't just say that and not show us it.

Hmm, my google-fu is weak or it's just surprisingly hard to find. I could only manage this pic from the front.

I always imagined it as a grot's revenge on an ork bully (sort of like how they sometimes run amok in Killa Kans, when they realise they're the strongest now).
 

what-are-the-best-grot-goblin-models-out-there-how-have-you-v0-4vdbawrjd2oc1.jpg

1 hour ago, Antarius said:

Hmm, my google-fu is weak or it's just surprisingly hard to find. I could only manage this pic from the front.

I always imagined it as a grot's revenge on an ork bully (sort of like how they sometimes run amok in Killa Kans, when they realise they're the strongest now).
 

what-are-the-best-grot-goblin-models-out-there-how-have-you-v0-4vdbawrjd2oc1.jpg

 

 

Think I found the rear view. The source says its a blood bowl snotling from 1988

 

image.thumb.jpeg.ae813815e9e6c468fbfe08931a554700.jpeg

Edited by grailkeeper
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jukkiz said:

Dunno why arms are tootpicks but hands like clubs. Very... Odd design choice that. 

See, this I actually like, it makes them more fun and cartoony. Ork physiology should be kind of fun, IMO, it’s why I was a fan of the gorilla-type bodies on the old Boyz.

2 hours ago, Uprising said:

I like the new grots, but why are the ears so small now?  Beside that, they look great.  

 

It makes me think of ear cropping - entirely horrible, but probably what an ork slaver would do to his grots.

11 minutes ago, Petitioner's City said:

 

It makes me think of ear cropping - entirely horrible, but probably what an ork slaver would do to his grots.

"No no, a responssibul runtherd clips da grotz' earz! Dey's prone ta bein' infested wiv wriggly-squigs, an' dat's just mizerabul for da little gitz. Trust me, da clip might be 'urty but it's less 'urty dan squigstrike on yer lugz!" I 'ad ter put down a grot wiv sepsis from dat just last week... just broke me heart."

1 hour ago, DemonGSides said:

The cynic in me is that it's to move the visual style away from Warcraft style goblins, who have comically oversized ears. 

Which would be ironic considering the origins of warcraft...

17 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Which would be ironic considering the origins of warcraft...

Oh for sure but it's exactly the same type of thinking as to why we have Astra Militarum, and Drukharii etc etc. Just trying to protect their piece of the pie. 

It actually seems like they're moving closer to how the Gitmob grots look in AoS - where the "classic goblins" and the "night goblins" actually have different phenotypes with the latest models - classic goblins now have longer noses but shorter ears, and vice-versa with the night goblins.

image.thumb.png.bcb38dc65d786705980b3b179440851d.png

Hoping this image is allowed as although it is AoS it is solely for the purpose of 40k discussion.

Edited by Morovir

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.