Quest for the Golden Demon - What's to Come

LunchBox

I agree...the camo is cool, but I will stick with the honor-guard style theme. Camo is for the grunts then...

Also, I think the skulls thing was a little tongue in cheek...can you explain the theory...or the joke?

gw puts skulls on everything, they always have skulls, skulls and one other thing are GWs trademark detail, i forget the other fro some reaosn grr....so if it has skulls, it appears more GW-esque which gets you points(maybe) because it follows GWs universe more

Starks

I agree...the camo is cool, but I will stick with the honor-guard style theme. Camo is for the grunts then...

Also, I think the skulls thing was a little tongue in cheek...can you explain the theory...or the joke?

gw puts skulls on everything, they always have skulls, skulls and one other thing are GWs trademark detail, i forget the other fro some reaosn grr....so if it has skulls, it appears more GW-esque which gets you points(maybe) because it follows GWs universe more

Starks

Hmmm...I made a couple of green stuff skull moulds...looks like I'll need to break those out.

All in good fun. Games Workshop just had this tendency to really put skulls on everything. In recent years they have softened a bit and created a more diversified overall look but if you want to see a lot of skulls just look at the whole 'imperial culture' in the Games Workshop gaming universes (fantasy and 40k).

On a meta-level a lot of the skulls that are used seem to be just for the skulls sake and don't even serve a purely decorative goal. Sometimes skulls are just used to fill space like some mini-painter use freehand icons to fill space without regard for the miniature's narrative context (i.e. freehand masturbation :)).

Biggest update ever!!!

My son was born this moring (Oct 13th), at 2:30 am. Mom and baby are doing great. He weighed in at almost 10 pounds...and is 21 inches long.

*I brought my entire paint case to the hospital...we'll be here for a few days...I'm not kidding.

Biggest update ever!!!

My son was born this moring (Oct 13th), at 2:30 am. Mom and baby are doing great. He weighed in at almost 10 pounds...and is 21 inches long.

*I brought my entire paint case to the hospital...we'll be here for a few days...I'm not kidding.

CONGRATS!! That's very exciting to hear...tell Mom congrats too! Babies are very exciting--is he your first?

Congratulations!!!! insist on breastfeeding (if you want to keep up the painting)

What on earth does breastfeeding have to do with painting???? The average newborn sleeps most of the first 6 months of his/her life anyway so its not like there's no time for things. At that age all they do is eat, sleep and need their diapers changed...its when they start to get mobile you have real problems (ours got mobil at 4 months) because then they can crawl over to your paint stations and pull things down...or worse, try to eat them.

Congratulations!!!! insist on breastfeeding (if you want to keep up the painting)

What on earth does breastfeeding have to do with painting???? The average newborn sleeps most of the first 6 months of his/her life anyway so its not like there's no time for things. At that age all they do is eat, sleep and need their diapers changed...its when they start to get mobile you have real problems (ours got mobil at 4 months) because then they can crawl over to your paint stations and pull things down...or worse, try to eat them.

Don't i know that!!! I can't think of the amount of times iv had to prize models out of my little boys hands.....anywho Congrats Lunchbox!!! (Now i'v just got my next little one to appear in may.....)

Because if the baby is breast feeding, there is no reason for the father to be awake at night... Hence you get more sleep and are more functional enough to paint.

Congratulations. The second of my Irish twins was born on the 23rd, so I feel for you. I hope everyone is healthy and feeding (and letting you sleep).

Lunchbox, are you close to Flower Mound? My dad developed Flower Mound way back in the day.

--Me

Well, I'm not getting extra rest because he's breastfeeding...but we are definately breastfeeding him for about the first year...too many studies show how great it is. He's eating constantly, and I'm not getting much rest either. I'm about an hour and a half from Flower Mound, but my sister and her family live there.

Anyway, here he is...and I promise...he came out this way:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/lunchboxmtbr/paintingrowdy-1.jpg

I think the mother will want to do that..... and not let a stranger do it...

See Lunchbox? Start them off early, he'll be Golden Demon Standard before you know it.

M

Archived