Glory and Hate! A Marines Malevolent Project

Hyaenidae

Hey looking awesome! Very cool indeedly. I really like the cigar smokin' gunner, I did a similar conversion with one of my Scouts :lol: not as thought-out as yours though, it was more of an impulse thing. The kill markings actually look really realistic! Is there any pre-thought in the number of kill markings or is it just a random amount?

@Mr. Malevolent: Hah, thanks man! By the way, ironic name, traitor. :lol:

@MagicMan:Thanks, that was exactly the image I was getting! Um, what happened to the Jay and Silent Bob avatar, man? Those guys are my heroes....

@SincaiN: Thanks bro!

@Goose: Thanks brother! Nah, I just carved kill-tallies until it felt right...I imagined myself in the turrent, rotating a little as the tally started racking up and I ran out of room.

just joined B & C today, been checking out some of these WIP blogs. this one is totally my favorite! you do incredible work with these marines, i never knew they existed before, but im inspired to check them out. amazing modeling/ painting, your weathering technique is very, very cool, Kudos heathen!

Ok, that scratch idea is just flat out clever. One more thing I wish I thought of first :lol:

Seems a bit funny though. The Marines Malevolent have a real hard time keeping battle ready with all their old beat up gear...and that punk goes sticking his knife in a precious tank :cuss

@Styphus: I show my pride by gutting the Emperor's foes, not by polishing my armour, pretty boy... :angry:

;) Nice one Heathens!!! :wallbash:

Gotta say....wicked idea with the kill markings!!

Keep em coming Heathens keep em coming!!

:cuss

Update! Got the interior of the rhino done....

gallery_37532_5399_440314.png

Also, I attempted to follow the small_dog tutorial on building a hinged top door....and failed miserably. It opens and closes, but the doors just won't lay down, no matter what I try. I'll probably never try that one again, but hey, I had to give it a shot once at least.

gallery_37532_5399_5348636.png

gallery_37532_5399_1632349.png

Ah well, another lesson learned. Well, on to the body of the Rhino, and the gunner. Thank you to everyone for your comments and critiques! Talk to ya ladies and gents later.

Oh, Firepower? Yeah, I imagine that the gunner probably isn't on the Crusade Techmarine's good side, lol. He probably spends his non-combat days permanently attached to the motor pool working for the Tech's.

Oh, Firepower? Yeah, I imagine that the gunner probably isn't on the Crusade Techmarine's good side, lol. He probably spends his non-combat days permanently attached to the motor pool working for the Tech's.

Techmarine: "Ok brother, as penance, you will write on this data slate 1,000 times that 'I will not lacerate the machine spirit'....

SCRAAAAAAATCH....SCRAAAAAAATCH...

Techmarine: "The stylus damnit! Use the stylus! And give me that bloody knife you lunatic!"

:HQ:

Nice work on the rhino interior anyway. As much as I hate painting the outside of vehicles, I've never had the patience myself to do the inside. Can't deny it adds a bit of extra charm to the model at any rate. Tough luck on the doors though. -_-

Come to think of it, that guy's probably none too popular with the Apothecaries either. Smoking can't be good for the progenitor glands :D

Don't forget the unsanctioned ork trophies around his neck, which probably means the Chaplains are flogging him on a regular basis too. It sucks being the rebel sometimes, lol.

Hey 1000 Heathens fantastic work recently!

Sorry not posted for a while but life just seems to have got in the way recently.

Anyway loving the work you've done since I last posted - the Dread is absolutely awesome just breathtaking :P .

The Rhino seems to be coming on a treat as well really like the gunner with the cigar and ork ear!! He really gives the feel of an arrogant son of a ******.

Glad to see you've nearly completed your LPC - looking forward to that group shot of the MMs you've done so far once the Rhino is complete.

Once the LPC is complete will you be finishing off that scout squad that you just have one model of so far?

One final thing and sorry if it has been covered earlier but memory is playing up and don't have time right now to look over the whole thread are their Chaplains in the MMs? If so will you be making one?

Can't wait for more this really is a great thread just wish I could find the time to comment more often or the motivation to finish my LPC. Oh well such is life sometimes. Keep the work coming mate :)

Oh, the little Yellow Marine has a kill count that still only in the double digits, how cute. :jaw:. But us Night Lords have far surpassed the number our kill counters could measure. ;)

Nice work Heathen, keep it up.

Quick update, but not on the Rhino...I ain't gonna lie, I was starting to feel burnt out on it; hinging those dang doors killed me. So, I took a break and started back up on the scouts...what'cha think? He's still in 'idea' mode (plus I still need to greenstuff the gap in his ankle, lol), but I think he looks a heck of a lot better than the standard cut-n-paste scouts.

gallery_37532_5399_630598.png

And here's his good side...

gallery_37532_5399_988909.png

Also started recovery work on that old Vindi I got for free. Damn, this sucker was a mess. I mean, he actually used a hot glue gun to glue the old pewter plates down! And then he soaked it in superglue and what I guess used to be blue spray paint. I've done the best I can, (peeled off the old plates and cleaned 'em, shaved off globs of super glue, etc) but I don't think she's gonna look a whole lot better. I'm gonna green stuff the gaps, rebuild some exaust pipes and give her a super sweet paint job, and pray for the best, I guess.

gallery_37532_5399_584388.png

Talk to ya guys and gals later!

@Bolt16: Yeah, we got chaplains. I'll explain more later, but I gotta run for now.

Lol, I actually took the scouts body from the Land Speeder Storm, and began hacking away. Hey, my Rhino's and Land Raiders don't have guys sitting around inside the bays, why the heck should I waste awesome scout parts on loading my LSS with a bunch of useless, unplayable mini's? lol. Arms are from the scout box. The head is from the Catachan command squad, with the bandana shaved off, and the backpack from the cadian hvy weapons team. The bolt pistol is an old 2nd edition version.

I was planning on using the LS Storm guys in the same vein. Which one of the crew members is that if you dont mind me asking? I really like the dynamic pose hes in. This is how scouts should look!!!!

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m270205a_99120101075_LSStorm2_873x627.jpg

The guy who's chillin' with his feet hanging off the side.

Like I've said several times before, awesome army workings man. Loving the stormbolter guy, I thought he had 6 fingers at first...

The carving is awesome, great effect there.

The dread is a beasty, I really like the idea of using a Chaos Dread for the body/legs. I'll be nabbing that idea for my next next dread ;) So many wonderful ideas floating around in here man.

All that work on the Vindi will make it look like it's been through hell and back. Then a more Tech Marine had to work his magic to get the machine spirit ready to roll. The look should go right with the battered old school feel. Nice work on the rhino insides, I can never get myself to paint them haha :woot:

Archived