A brief pictorial update.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1020735.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_265137.jpg

Pics were taken with my phone, camera battery died.

The Blue and Red are now complete, as are the lightning claws. Next is finishing the metals, the half tabard/loincloth which will be Green and the detailing.

C&C if you have any?

Greetings :biggrin.:

I present Kav'al Vet. Sergeant of 4th Co., 1st Assault Squad "The Reavers"

med_gallery_39897_5762_283978.jpg

Picture came out a bit dark, but it'll have to do.

Google was not my friend as there doesn't seem to be much material knocking about concerning Brazen Claw livery other than them being Codex adherent, so I've fudged it a bit by having the gold skull on the right knee (Marine's right) representing the rank of Sergeant while the white stripe represents him being a Veteran.

The Chapter Badge wasn't too hard, but will be difficult to produce consistently. I think I'll keep a look out for some transfers :laugh.:

Anyway, let me know what you think as comments and criticism motivate me :wink:

(edit: will be changing the skull on the knee to red as per the Codex Astartes.)

Edited by Razblood

Brief update time.

Been sorting out the other 4 assault marines today and will be assembling and priming tonight.

I'm going to do 2 at a time and see if I can achieve the same look faster now that I have the colour gradient down.

Ta ta for now :tu:

Another brief update.

Got the base coats and first wash down on two of the assault marines and also got my last Flesh Tearer bike about 60% complete.

Going to try nd get the biker finished tomorrow as well as get the claws red & blue finished.

Hopefully the next volley of pics will get some comments/criticism as I'm starting to feel lonely :tongue.:

Hello all and welcome to my next pictorial update!

First up is the last member of the Flesh Tearer Bike Squad.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1701641.jpg

Now the bike squad is ready for weathering to match the rest. Also noticed that I've put the bike iconography on the sides of the wheel casing the wrong way round :/ But a lack of uniformity never hurt anyone ;)

Next up are the 2 Brazen Claw marines I'm currently working on.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1363122.jpg

Lots to be done here as I've only just brought the red back up to the basecoat colour of Mephiston Red. Next will be the blue and then the highlights begin.

Finally is something I've slapped together from spares to replace the Chaplain in my DC squad (since they don't get one in the new rules :angry: )

med_gallery_39897_5762_276499.jpg

He will be getting the standard DC scheme for my Tearers, but I'm at a bit of a loss as the where to put his Chapter Badge since both pauldrons are ornamented....meh I'll figure out something :lol:

Anyway, Comments and Criticism welcomed and appreciated :tu:

Cheers for the idea, but I've already shaved some of the detail off one to give enough space :tu:

Plus I'm trying to save the few plainer ones I have for the Brazen Claws :lol:

Update time again.

Please welcome the last member of my Flesh Tearers Death Company -

med_gallery_39897_5762_933917.jpg

Really enjoyed painting this guy and think I've got the pose and the weathering just right.

Also here's a vintage son of Sotha in honour of Grizzly Bear's Scythes of the Emperor

med_gallery_39897_5762_1502960.jpg

This was painted entirely with the Game Color Starter Set I recently got, with the addition of Soft Tone & Dark Tone from Army Painter.

Not too much fun was had here as since I was limiting the paints I was using it meant I had to mix a skin tone, which was a pain :lol:

Anyway, let me know your thoughts...if you have any :tu:

I call upon the Frater's assistance....

I have recently tried my hand at true-scaling again and think that this second attempt is miles better than the first.

I however don't know what scheme to paint it and would like to try something different, this is where you come in.

Give me your suggestions on the scheme, even DIY schemes though you'll have to tell me the basic colours and this guy will be painted in the chosen scheme.

He is pretty unadorned bar a Templar cross bewteen the wings of his chest eagle.

I look forward to seeing suggestions :tu:

deathspectersgt7 - Would you mind knocking up a basic version in the painter? Just so I know what goes where and approximate shades :thumbsup:

Anyone else interested in having me paint the scheme of their choice?

Edited by Razblood

That'll do nicely :tu:

I'm gonna wait till after my next update to confirm, but as you are the only horse in this race at the moment it looks like this might be it :lol:

Two more ideas! Cheers guys :)

Iron Knights & Iron Champions......I haven't done a metallic scheme before and I do have some tilt shields.....

I'll have an update on my current stuff within the next couple of days and will announce which I'm doing during that.

Ok, bit of an update.

Yesterday I came into possession of -

Approx 30 generic Chaos Marines

Approx 20 Berzerkers

5 metal Plague Marines

Old Metal Chaos Dread/Helbrute

Dark Vengeance Helbrute

All of the Dark Vengeance Chosen as well as Krannon

5 Chaos Terminators

Finecast Abbadon, missing one trophy rack

A Defiler

3 metal Obliterators

Zhufor, trophy racks are broken

Couple of metal Noise Marine bodies (don't really have a use for these at the mo)

And that's just the Chaos stuff.....

I also got -

Approx 40+ Tactical/Devastator Marines

6 Assault Marines

A Commander

3 Rhinos (one RT style)

A Dread, though his foot is missing

10+ Scouts

A wrecked Razorback

An unbuilt Landspeeder

A Drop Pod

A massive amount of bits

And finally a Storm Raven

All for the princely sum of £0.00

My mate basically just wanted rid as he wanted to clear some space and start fresh on a Crimson Fist army to accompany his Deathwing force and I was happy to oblige :biggrin.:

Some of the loyalist Marines have already been seconded to my White Stars meaning that I now have a full Grand Company :biggrin.:

The rest of the loyalist Marines will be either done up as Brazen Claws, or possibly various chapters that I can run as a Crusade force (Gotta use those Templar & Wolves bits somehow)

As for the rest.......well the ETL is around the corner right? :wink:

(Edit - Correction to amount of Chosen)

Edited by Razblood

Also the final decision has been made for the big scale Marine, thanks to the insistence of my lovely fiancee and the winner is - Iron Knights!

I will however knock out a couple of Marines in the other two schemes of Imperial Paladins & Iron Champions as a thanks for the suggestions.

And finally, I may get some WIP pics of some stuff up later tonight.

Catch you later dudes :tu:

Lost another cat today, thanks to renal failure. Trying not to dwell on his passing but more on what an awesome dude he was.

As well as that my PC decided to be a piece of junk and corrupted it's network adapter driver somehow, which meant I couldn't actually get online to upload pics.

So sorry for missing the update I promised last night.

I will post some pics up later this evening, probably round 1am-ish.

@ deathspectersgt - My condolences brother, it really sucks losing them after they insiuate themselves into your life :(

Here are the pics of current projects that I took last night -

First up is the True-ish Scale Marine after 3 coats, he's actually nearly finished now.

med_gallery_39897_5762_230577.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_258802.jpg

Had to use the square base as I had no spare 40mm Rounds available.

Next is the next couple of Brazen Claws in progress -

med_gallery_39897_5762_769231.jpg

Red is done bar the glaze, Blue needs highlighting.

Next, some Guard models that I'm practicing skintones on -

med_gallery_39897_5762_63773.jpg

Squad of White Stars nearing completion, only 2 more squads to go after this and I have my Grand Company.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1479212.jpg

And finally another squad (only squad leader shown)and Special Character I'm working on -

med_gallery_39897_5762_318814.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_425497.jpg

Well thats the lot for now.

Comments & Crits if you have them, all are appreciated.