Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Stobz, that's just awesome, man! What a heroic display of shadowy angelic fervor. This latest squad displays all your fantastic ability just like the rest, and I really am impressed by your ability to make the special weapons and heavy weapons all look like they've powered up for use, it's a wonderful addition to each squad and just looks so cool. Also liking the glow for each brazier!

It's still scary you are attracted to the cheerleader smiley, but I'll forgive ya that one. :lol:

BTW, love the Ren and Stimpy Log song! :D

Question: the bolter-bearer with the beakie next to Vet Sgt Astrol has a purity seal with a crux holder instead of the pressed wax seal at the top, where's that from?

Can't wait to see the photo of the entire company and see what you have on the agenda next!

Once again, awesome undertaking, way to go Idaho! :lol:

Edit: one more thing - you need magnetized hunter-killer missiles on each Rhino and Razorback! :D

Edited by Bryan Blaire

Thanks guys,

Mr Unforgiven Sir: I'm loving your work, hiding it away in the Showcase thread is not doing it justice. The mixture of GW and FW bits makes for really nice looking squads, I also really like your terrain, if you don't mind I'll steal some of those ideas for my new Pegasus ruins.

BB: I'm glad somebody got the Ren & Stimpy lyrics :P. I did them from memory form the original show way back so they might be a bit wrong.

I think the purity seals came from a termie box, unsure exactly as more recently they came from my bits box.

As much as I like HKs for the unlimited range(great in Apoc), for 15points I'd like more than one shot.

I spent the last hour or so setting up the company for a group pic, it came out OK but I'll borrow a new Canon D7 from a mate and might get all the dudes in focus. Pic tomorrow all going well.

Next project: Cockpit and Crew of T-Hawk.

stobz

Edited by Stobz

Congratulations on completing your fantastic project Stobz! The whole 3rd Comp! wow - just wow!!! You should be very proud not only because of the top notch result but also because of the fact that you managed to remain on track for so long and never compromise the quality of your output. Commitment and qualty! Hats off to you sir!

(and I'm willing to let the Ren and Stimpy reference go with no further comment or punishment... where are those "Apothecaries" when you need them?) :woot:

It sure increases my drive to start on the third tactical squad for my Consecrators - I put it off for too long...

Edited by Captain Semper

Thanks again,

Here is a group pic, I apologise for the lack of focus on the far models, my camera-fu needs work.

Any hints as to what aperture/ISO/zoom/WB/etc. are best for this sort of thing please let me know. (I am in possession of a pretty neat camera ATM, this pic is off my 'cheapy' during the day.)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7217/7182142773_e3995cb44a_h.jpg

Ryld: name the time brother, I'm over power lists so a variety of what you see will be in action.

;)

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

• 3 weeks later...

After a bit of a slackadasical fortnight, here is the cockpit for the T-Hawk.

I will prolly magnetise it and add an icon to the outside between the two front windows but here you go for now. (I really must get a move on with my ETL vow or Semper will be mad).

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7273/7485700902_5fa2ca78de_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7485697384_f05f050100_b.jpg

So, onto RWAS #3 as per my vow.

:tu:

stobz

Edit: I would so love to have the RL worries of a painting servitor, no concerns over whether or not the little stobz gene-seed carrying midgets will bring hope Papa Nurgles rot from their respective primary schools or child cares, no concerns about the mortgage, taxes, global war etc.etc. so looking forward to the trip to cell 42.

Bliss.

Hm...That sounds bliss indeed.Can i have an order of that?Just leave me a modification to increase my painting skill and i'll oblige :)

Those guys in the cockpit...man i swear they have beer cans under their seats!

They look like they smirk evilly and have a gang ho altitude.Way to go stobs.

Edited by Brother Immolator

Brother I; thanks for the offer about the servitor role. the pilots heads were quite poorly molded and I 'fixed' them with buckets of paint, that's why they are a bit puffy/drunk looking.

Isiah; once the cockpit is inside the THawk we wont be able to see practially anything, waste of time much? :)

;)

stobz

FC; save your time :RTBBB: , the RWAS I'm doing will be labeled #3 but I've only completed one (Sqn#2) and the pics are of their old paintjob and need to be fixed (ergo not eligible for ETL).

Sqn #1 is reserved for a new dex with JETBIKES!!!!!!! if they appear, otherwise I will paint up from scratch another sqn of bikes with Apoth and Banner,

Thanks for the props

s

That army is looking great, Stobz. Anyone of us would be proud to field them. Very inspiring.

Most of us would kill to field them. :)

I'm excited to see the RWAS! I'll be following your vow with interest, frater!

Just bring around some "steak and potatoes" from your fine land and we'll call it a fair swap :P . Mmmmmmmmm, meeeet.

Cheers

s

Edited by Stobz

Amazing looking cockpit details there Stobz.

I know what you mean adout all the hard work being hidden when it is assembled. :)

Now get on with your ETL before Captain S. has kittens!

Yeah! Kittens!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Persian_Cat_(kitten).jpg

This is an awesome army you got there Stobz! It is humbling to see not only the quality of the individual minis but the persistance and discipline it takes to see such a huge project through. An inspired picture too!!!!

The cockpit is amazing - love all the little screens - it doesn't matter that it'll be partially covered you, (and the rest of us) will know it's there!

• 2 weeks later...

Elmo and Semper: I sure dont want to mess with that ferocious kitty, have no fear RAS well on the way...

Gratan: Thanks so much, I hope you enjoy the Unforgiven(assumption), which Chapter are you thinking of?

Ajax: I hope 'Shirley' and Striker don't come to blows over it, hard enough to fly without the body as it is ;)

EPK: Cheers mate

Yeah, they just keep dragging moolah out of my wallet too.

At least it's for a good cause ;) (uber geekdom)

Those assault dudes look cool, the one thruster is a bit BA-ish but the armour is great. They won't get added to my greenwing (I have plenty) but I look forward to others (yours?) take on them.

I'm really loving the termie claws too, I think I need to order two more Lufgts so I can give magnetic Belial all his options each with the cool arms and shoulders. He's gunna get expensive, really quick:D

s

I bought one Lugft LC arm from a chap in UK off eBay. I think it's Valhalla Gaming. Not sure. Whoever the guy is he has a lot of red/pink in his background pics for the stuff he sells. An bought a Lugft from FW along with that same TDA weapon upgrade set. Yes, that hammer yells for Belial models. Lqtm I also bought a box of the sang guard from my LGS for bits and stuff to use as I loved the axes in it and was going to use it for my sword of silence but now with 6th Ed rules I don't think I am going to and will use one of the swords from that box instead. Lqtm