Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

MGM: Cheers dude.

Harleqvin: Good idea on the bits sites, I'm thinking Belial will (until a new dex of course) be better with LC/LC due to challenges, GW is very crafty making us all think about little changes regularly. Don't you just love shopping ;)

s

Fantastic work Stobz, great encouragement to finish my own battle company.

For a Belial with lightning claws the chaos terminator lord is a pretty good option, very archaic and lethal looking pair of claws in the kit.

Stobz,

I've been wanting to redo my space marine army for 6th. I've got a sizeable force, just never painted it, mainly because I always had trouble deciding on a paint scheme... I am rather OCD, so I needed a paint scheme that would be simple yet evocative enough that I would want to paint it. With the new Starter Set on the horizon and its inclusion of Dark Angels and Chaos, I decided that Dark Angels would be that paint scheme. It's simple and looks really good on the field. I came to B&C looking for inspiration and thats when I found your thread here.

Once I get my camera back, I'll be taking pictures and starting a project log as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm humbled by the nice comments and that some of my work encourages others to take up the DA cause. Thanks.

Although RL work has been hectic, I haven't been completely idle with regard to the ETL 2012.

Here are a couple of pics for an end of July update.

You will see a bit of blue-tac holding arms and weapons on, also I need to find and paint a powerfist and a meltabomb for the Sgt.

I still need to base them all and add a couple of transfers and I'm going to dust all my RW up with FW powders to make them a bit special.

So still plenty of work to do but it is on track for a successful vow.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7667166172_3dcb8bb9cb_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8167/7667173554_e4f76d8fb2_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8007/7667169986_18294a47d8_c.jpg

I've nearly finished the AB crew and it takes about one night to do each of the final 5 dudes so should be in on time.

Please excuse the lighting I promise I will have better pics for the finished squad.

Cheers

:cuss

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Nice work as ever Stobz.

Like the highlighting and keen to see what they look like after you have used the powders :cuss

Powders! hmmmm... sweet! ;)

Really like the Techmarine shoulder pad in black - the things people notice heh! ^_^ I suggestion if I may: The lining of the sergeant's robe, it begs for some color (green or red would do nicely).

Good luck - can't wait for the finished stuff! :lol:

Morning Gents,

Thanks for the comments;

CS I'm in two minds about the lining of robes but we'll see(I might practice a couple of options to see how I feel), I normally like the understated hessian type look.

The Pad is in black because he isn't a techmarine :( , I use it to signify he has been trained to a lower level than them and can service his vehicle away from the company support elements.

I did the pads of the THawk dudes red as bit of a change up, I haven't been happy with the outcome and may repaint them prior to inserting them into the fusilage.

I may announce vow complete prior to adding all the bling (purity seals, belt pouches etc.) or I might not add any at all, if our RW get veteran status in a new dex they will probably get a bit more love for sure.

Happy days

stobz

I did the pads of the THawk dudes red as bit of a change up, I haven't been happy with the outcome and may repaint them prior to inserting them into the fusilage.

I think the red pads look sweet and will look good through the canopy when it's in place. BTW on those pilots: are they twins (?!) :P

Cheers

I

Cheers Guys :)

I was thinking the same thing as you Isiah, the red will show better through the canopy but atm are not pleasing me.

I didn't really think too much about the twins thing :cuss I just used the FW ones in my haste, I might have to swap a head for a different one to avoid the 'Deliverance' factor.

stobz

Edited by Stobz

Yeah mate now's the time:), apart from the Chapter HQ dudes, their Comd Sqd and some techmarine and arsenal support my greenwing is nearly done.

So it'll be blackwing and some more whitewing as the focus for the next 12 months. A bit of the green will still sneak in because I have a preference that way.

s

Edited by Stobz

Ryld; looking forward to it too mate, maybe a couple of weeks, life is hectic atm.

Burias'; Thanks mate

'Prime; Cheers, HL-ing black is always a challenge, too many blends and it looks grey, too little and it looks flat or Tronish. I am going with simple line HL to match my Green Wing and to keep things moving along, my next model will probably be a repaint of my RW Int Chappy shown earlier, he will have better blending I assure you :D

Sweet treats

stobz

Beautiful work, really like the edge highlights on the black of the speeders/bikes. Its striking without being too over the top, which is always a tough balance with that.

Really impressive stuff - feel free to keep painting lovely toys!

"Communications with Brother Stobz have ceased. We think he's gone 'dark'. Must have found some Fallen, and is hunting them." :tu:

I was wondering when we'd get another Stobz update. Looks good! ;) Now get back on that T-hawk! :P

Eeps: Cheers and I must say you have a fantastic Pseudonym, obviously no 'size' issues ;) .

Shabbadoo: Long time no see, btw you are still a nag :) .ETL first (teamwork, blah, blah etc...)

EDIT: Quick update before bed, just finished the last man (except highlights for all 5 normals). So bang on track to get finished before the 15th.

stobz

Edited by Stobz

It seems to me that your ETL vow is well under control. You're doing well Stobz - keep it up! I (and I'm surwe everybody else too)) would love to see you goingh back to your VERY promising T-Hawk! :)

Thanks FC, while I'm at home with a sick kid I thought I'd give you a sneak peek of the dude I (almost) finished up last night.

Still squadron markings to add, and maybe add some more FW weathering powders, we'll see once the whole sqn is together...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7256/7736916712_d277569285_b.jpg

More to paint tonight ;) really starting to enjoy this project now they look nearly finished

s

Edited by Interrogator Stobz