Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

The Battleforged 2k list I ran was roughly (as it got a bit jumbled once I quickly wrote the second list):

-Twin Lions Blade:

Master, AArmour, Relic Blade, PPistol, Eye of the unseen(for preferred En with the Comd Sqd)

Chaplain, Jump pack, PPistol MBombs (became the Unbound Warlord, agreed by opponent cheating I know, I needed two Warlords for them to kill :devil: )

Comd Sqd, 5x Grav guns, Sacred Standard(relentless), free Drop pod.

6x 5man Tact Sqds, Combi Plas, Plas gun, free Razor, TLLC

2x 5man Aslt Sqds, PPistol, Power swd, Flamers x2

2x 5 man Dev Sqds, LC, free Razor, TLLC

-RWSS:

LSV

3x Typhoons

The 3x WWinds, 3x Annihilator Preds, 3x Vindies, THawk and Deathstorm Drop pod made up the Unbound part, a few points spare got me another two Assault dudes and a pair of LC Devs to add to the battleforged part.

Does that help? The Battle Company is only about 1650 from memory (list is at home).

Edited by Brother Stobz

Brilliantly, he tanked a few AP3 shots and provided rerolls to the misses on ones to the Grav guns, didn't do much else apart from scare the hell out of the Tau Warlord so he didn't charge my Comd Sqd. I subsequently killed him and his squad with the Lions GodHammers once they were left standing in the open.

I mostly just ran out of points; also they were to deepstrike unsupported into enemy territory, so I kept them as cheap but nasty as I thought was appropriate for the opposition. They survived OK with cover and positioning, lost 3 sqd members and one wound off the Boss.

You are right mate, a real victory beats a moral one on the tabletop :laugh.: But how come I was buzzing the most? That's right, you guys let me field my plane :wink: Thanks again.

Send those Templars of yours back to fight training, they'll need it now they've had triple Vindie 10" pie plates to the face. :devil:

Edited by Brother Stobz

A non BnC friend asked if I could post some pics of the magnet process I used for my Deathstorm Pods; whilst they were daunting at first, once I got the hang of it I merely had to be careful with my drilling and precise with my measurements. The last couple of steps can easily be used to make a normal Pod useful for troops and Dreads.

For this project I intended to glue the whole 'normal' pod together and magnetise the centre in parts to enable it to be removed throught the doors, here is my Launcher magnet process:

1) Pod base centre, a 5mm diameter x5mm long nice strong mag put in prior to assembly (greenstuff or packing required inside)

20624108431_77777db9ce_c.jpg

2) Missile hub base, same size magnet, the scary part was getting the drilling depth right. I solved it by just drilling too deep on purpose, then put it together while the glue was wet and it sorted itself out.

20429489518_2c6c0c6a3b_c.jpg

3) I attached the Launchers to the centre hub so they could be removed to make it smaller. Same sized mags, I measured centrelines and heights from bottom for drill centres.

20617470865_f4f766fb06_c.jpg

4) I then put the pod together around it and found it couldn't come out anyways :rolleyes: .

So, I magnetised the wings to the base so they could pop off. Had to be really careful drilling to avoid going crooked, I made indent with pin, drilled right through with 1mm bit, drilled about 4mm deep with 3mm bit, partially packed the hole with greenstuff, pushed a 3mm Diameter x 3mm long mag into hole until flush with the edge, removed excess greenstuff from outside (I should have tidied the outsides up better prior to painting) :wink:

20608406892_295f52e049_c.jpg

5) Now before I had done anything else after drilling the 1mm hole in step 4 above, I drilled matching holes in the base to ensure a good alignment. I then expanded them to the 3mm holes needed for the 3mm Diameter x 3mm long mags. Again, G/S and/or packing required inside the base so don't glue it together until everything is ready.

20429502038_ed22a4a0a4_c.jpg

I could have avoided maging the launchers onto the hub, but hindsight is clearer than ever :rolleyes:

I have found the 3mm mags are really strong and it is no worry picking up the pod by the very top even with the weight of the launcher inside, there is absolutely no unwanted movement.

Hope that was helpful; now I need more glue to finish other Log projects, so I'm off the the shop tomorrow...

:biggrin.:

Humblestobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

I hope you guys aren't bored yet. Almost five years to the day since I brought this critter; plenty of procrastination and equally large amounts of nagging (thanks), and a boat load of hours spent working on it, I have a finished item.

Peekaboo (new heads):

20640256282_718f11572f_b.jpg

Canopy on:

20461413148_df95b5c868_b.jpg

Bow:

20028473323_67a075ca49_b.jpg

Who's in there?:

20026842734_c8d9e86760_b.jpg

Port Bow:

20462683149_f8b1e9cb04_b.jpg

Port:

20656062701_018f1b52cb_b.jpg

Port Quarter:

20461382248_70fb48c0f1_b.jpg

Stern:

20640215562_551c219fda_b.jpg

Starboard Quarter:

20461359690_c2522a5206_b.jpg

Starboard:

20461361108_03a9269ecc_b.jpg

Starboard Bow:

20656029551_bdd9e0f9e3_b.jpg

Above (last one :tongue.: ):

20028417173_aa0fdab6ab_b.jpg

Log, Log, Log.

Thanks again.

:laugh.:

Stobz

Edited by Brother Stobz

Cheers Tygwyn,

I don't know if basking in any glow is totally correct; more like a sigh of relief that I've finally finished him :P

I kind of removed any awesomeness from the project by dragging it out so loooonnnng :D

Feels pretty damned good to have him done nonetheless. It's like a weight has been removed.

bs