• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress on the Champion.

I'm having trouble with the new photobucket...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2729_zps8e86038c.jpg

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by kizzdougs

Perfection. Fulgrim himself (itself?) would be proud.

Thanks a lot heathens!

Wow. Just wow. That EC -marine is just beautiful. Really good idea concerning the facemask. I'll probably end up doing something similar with my Slaanesh marines, The Spear of Excess..

Thanks mate! I'd love to see some of your marines when they're done.

Edited by kizzdougs

I had forgotten how good your stuff is. Just had another good old flick through the entire plog and it has been emotional. Love your work

Thanks Yak! Glad you're still loving the minis :)

Beautiful, in a haunting way...

Thanks mate! That was the aim.

@DPD: Thanks a lot mate! Please feel free to 'borrow' away :smile.:

@A D-B: Thanks mate, means a lot!

The Champion is just about done... stil having trouble with the new photobucket.http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2730_zpsd0191287.jpg

Thanks for looking :wink:

Honestly not much I can say that's not been said before. Beautiful work mate, very fitting of Fulgrim. I like the rich purple you have but I love the metallics you have achieved, the gold is awesome but the effect on the claw is amazing. I can't wait to see the Noise Marines he will be leading.

It's been a while since I caught up on this thread and damn, you've done some fantastic work since I last looked. That EC champion is creepy, nice use of the new raptor kit.

I have a couple of questions about your WB lord - I'm curious as to your red recipe, but particularly the skintone you achieved on his face. It's really unhealthy looking without being too inhuman, I like it a lot. Also, I assume that's a FW berserker head? Is that chaos star sculpted on or freehand?

It's been a while since I caught up on this thread and damn, you've done some fantastic work since I last looked. That EC champion is creepy, nice use of the new raptor kit.

I have a couple of questions about your WB lord - I'm curious as to your red recipe, but particularly the skintone you achieved on his face. It's really unhealthy looking without being too inhuman, I like it a lot. Also, I assume that's a FW berserker head? Is that chaos star sculpted on or freehand?

Thanks mate! The red was very simple.

I started of with a couple of layers of Mechrite Red to get a nice consistent base coat.

I then mixed some black with the Mechrite Red and heavily watered it down until it was almost like a wash. I applied this mix to all of the cracks and crevices of the armour and around the edges of any trim. This technique is often referred to as "black-lining".

After that, I used Blood Red to highlight the edges and added a little bit of golden yellow for the final highlight.

The face was a steady progression from Rhinox to Elf Flesh and finished off with pure White. I started with pure Rhinox before slowly mixing in more Elf Flesh for each highlight stage and the final highlight was straight white.

Share your recipe for that purple or be destroyed!!!  Pretty please? :teehee:

I echo the many praises and laurels bestowed upon your work.

The purple started off with a mix of Screamer Pink and Liche Purple. I then added some Warlock Purple to the mix before using straight Warlock Purple as the final highlight. I also "black-lined" the mini with a black/Liche mix.

Thanks for the comments guys and sorry about the confusing mix of new and old paints :P 

• 2 months later...

Long time no post B&C. I managed to finally get some more work done on my Talos conversion. Lately I've been really busy with uni work and any painting time that I've managed to sneak in has gone to my new Warriors of Chaos army http://s4.zetaboards.com/cotec/topic/9832904/1/.

Talos is still very WIP as you can see, but I'm really enjoying the process.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2788_zps70108be8.jpg

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2789_zps09d8634e.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

He's looking great so far. Can't wait to see him finished. You can't see your WoC army without signing up to the forum. :sad.:

Thanks Bio! Hmmm, I didn't realise that about the other forum... Maybe I'll try posting a pic hidden using 'spoiler' tags. I wonder if that would work/be acceptable?

My BSB. I've also painted some Warriors, Hounds and Skullcrushers.

Edited by kizzdougs

I'm not sure you'll get away with that to be honest. As gorgeous as that model is. Do you have a thread on Dakka? Or even the New Badab? I'm sure you can link to both them without people having to sign in? Ps I joined the other site just through sheer curiosity and I'm glad I did. Fantastic work mate.