Amazing Khornate champ -- even if having him as a traitor to the glorious XIIth is HERESY! ;)

That shield is a piece of arm armour from the chaos chariot's blood beast, isn't it? That's some really clever bitz use right there!

Edited by KrautScientist

Oh dear god he looks gorgeous.

Where does this shield come from? It's the first time I see it on the B&C.

That guys stunning! Looking forward to some paint on him. I have to ask where the shields from as well?

Amazing Khornate champ -- even if having him as a traitor to the glorious XIIth is HERESY! :wink:

That shield is a piece of arm armour from the chaos chariot's blood beast, isn't it? That's some really clever bitz use right there!

Thanks guys! KrautScientist has it right. The shield is from the Chaos Warriors Chariot kit. It is a leg guard from the Gorebeast.

Dammit ! Some cheap Gorebeast sprues were going on eBay yesterday ! Didn't know what they'd have on them, but that shield/armour is crafty. Might go looking again.....

Yeah, the Chaos Chariot comes with some great pieces including an unhelmeted head for each of the Gods.

Some truly fantastic work on here Kizzdougs. I'm not sure why it took me so long to find this thread, but I'm glad I finally did!

The Night Lords and the Word Bearers are awesome, but my favorites have to be the Iron Warriors. I'm definitely gonna be stealing some of your ideas.

Thanks for the inspiration, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Cheers

Widowmaker

Some truly fantastic work on here Kizzdougs. I'm not sure why it took me so long to find this thread, but I'm glad I finally did!

The Night Lords and the Word Bearers are awesome, but my favorites have to be the Iron Warriors. I'm definitely gonna be stealing some of your ideas.

Thanks for the inspiration, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Cheers

Widowmaker

Thank Widowmaker! Yeah, I really enjoyed the Iron Warriors, but never felt like I could really do them justice due to my lack of weathering skills. Please steel away :smile.:

Alright, I've made a start on the Champion, and painting him has turned out to be a lot harder than I anticipated... These Dark Vengeance minis have so much detail and with the highly contrasting colour scheme of the BL, mistakes show up really nicely...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN3043_zps7a8c9f32.jpg

Photobucket doesn't want to put my images up the right way... :(

Thanks for looking :wink:

Edited by kizzdougs

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some more work on the Champion. I'm still struggling to find the motivation to really get him done. I'll just have to try to make sure I keep working on him bit by bit.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/7554dd33-eae3-4fe3-9b81-a2e2531c1433_zps63854513.jpg?t=1409481071

Sorry about the poor picture quality...

Thanks for looking :wink:

Thanks so much guys!

I've added some more colour and I'm finally starting to feel this guy.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/a34a84d1-c71d-44de-b23c-2fb1b9214e6e_zpsb23dd6fd.jpg?t=1410089944

Thanks for looking ;)

Awesome model, love the shield.

Thanks bro, I'm pretty happy with how the shield turned out.

Oh... dude... that shield. Its so awesome!

Thanks Anaziel!

Trying to show me up, I see...

Never, brother. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your XVI Legion warriors.

Looks amazing! i have been debating on how I want to paint my Army. I thought I had been swayed back to more traditional World Eaters colors, but the Hounds of Abbadon scheme has been floating around in the back of my mind, and seeing this guy may have brought me back around to it. Although I am a bit skeptical about painting the black, how difficult was it to get the black to how you like it/ currently is? Any tips :biggrin.: ??  Again looks great!

Looks amazing! i have been debating on how I want to paint my Army. I thought I had been swayed back to more traditional World Eaters colors, but the Hounds of Abbadon scheme has been floating around in the back of my mind, and seeing this guy may have brought me back around to it. Although I am a bit skeptical about painting the black, how difficult was it to get the black to how you like it/ currently is? Any tips :biggrin.: ??  Again looks great!

Thanks mate! Usually I don't have any trouble painting black, but this guy has been quite challenging. The reason for this is the huge amount of detail. I've found it pretty difficult to highlight around all of the different textures on the armour. Part of my problem is that I love to highlight quite a lot. Some time less is much better. Check out Sith'ari's Black Legion (one of my favourite BL armies on the B&C), he uses very subtle highlights to great effect. If I was to paint this guy again I'd probably try something similar to what Sith'ari has achieved.

Dammit Kizz. Now I've got another inspiring topic to add to the Chaos Resources!

Plenty of mighty fine pieces here and I hang my head for not seeing them all before.

Thanks bro, Looking forward to seeing how your Noise Marines progress! :)

That shield looks incredible. Really nice mini, and great work painting him so far. Love the brass look to that shield and especially the glow on the inlaid star. (any tips on how you did that, by the way?)

Thanks mate! The star was pretty easy. I started with the red and just painted the whole star area. I then went with orange and painted a thiner line within the red. I did the same again with yellow and then white, each consecutive stage thiner and more focussed on the inner areas.