The Sekhmet+HH Emperor's Children: Imperial Fists Deathwing 12/4/24

Kizzdougs

Here are the group pictures that people have been asking for. I finally managed to get all of the jump-packs painted yesterday, so here they are. I hope you like them :)

84mBkYP.jpg

oKHzldK.jpg

Jp5JQ1t.jpg

lExiBOj.jpg

CaiSQcw.jpg

lp8t66Y.jpg

joLYOZC.jpg

uxcslyj.jpg

vG1ypgu.jpg

d39uqj0.jpg

q6ICtSZ.jpg

qVA6xYW.jpg

tHeXnA5.jpg

bGJ2GWE.jpg

bqU6AO7.jpg

PZGHkUg.jpg

I hope you all like how they turned out :)

First dude looks wicked menacing... perfection!

Thanks a lot, bro! Yeah, that legionnaire is one of my favourites from the squad :tu:

Good work you're doing!

Thanks, dude!

The latest batch of the Sons of Horus is fantastic. However, that double-pistol fisting marine is the bees knees in my eyes. Just love the look of him.

Thanks a lot, dude! Yeah, he is pretty great :biggrin.: that's why he got a little trophy on his jump-pack.

Thanks for looking ;)

You are a very bad influence sir. After taking a look at those reavers in all their glory I've decided that I'm going to need to build another assault squad and personalize them a bit more.

So you have my thanks for providing some hobby mojo.

I've made a start on my first vow for ETL VI, a Primus Medicae on a Space Marine Bike :)

a2qmAts.jpg

xhCOxI8.jpg

ttYdAkk.jpg

You, sir, win the internet today! Stupdendously awesome! Each of these guys is a little masterpiece. Just brilliant! :smile.:

Thanks bro, means a lot!

Truly wonderful stuff. They really do look like they’ve stepped right off the pages of one of the FW books. I particularly love the lodge tokens.

Thanks a lot bro! Yeah, I was heavily influenced by the FW art, particularly with the lodge coins.

these ar EPIC! great choice to use the 2 different types of jupm pack adds a tonne more character to the squad

Thanks a lot! I felt that using the different jump-packs would suit the less regimented aesthetic of the Sons of Horus.

That is fantastic! They seriously all look great!

May they bring death to the Warmaster's foes!

Thanks a lot, dude! Glad you like them.

fantastic looking army!

Thanks mate!

They look menacing! What a lovely bunch.

Thanks! Glad you like them.

... the ETL this year. I'll probably end up contributing an HQ or two, but ... it'll definitely be in the Age of Darkness forum.

Thanks for looking :wink:

Absolutely outstanding unit. Can’t wait to see that promised HQ! ;-)

Thanks! The Primus Medicae is the first HQ I'll be working on for the ETL.

They're fantastic.

Thanks a lot!

Gorgeous. Nothing less!

Thank you. Nothing less.

Stunning!

Thanks a lot!

I really like the differing jump packs in the unit. It breaks up the sight lines nicely.

Thanks bro, I wanted to go for a less regimented look for the Sons of Horus.

You are a very bad influence sir. After taking a look at those reavers in all their glory I've decided that I'm going to need to build another assault squad and personalize them a bit more.

So you have my thanks for providing some hobby mojo.

Hahaha, sounds like I'm an excellent influence... good luck with the Assault Squad!

Hot damn are those incredible.

Are you sure you dont secretly work for FW? Cause your conversion/sculpting work looks like an upgrade pack.

Thanks a lot bro! I'd love to work for FW, but no I don't :P Glad you like the conversion work.

Thanks for looking ;)

I've made a start on my first vow for ETL VI, a Primus Medicae on a Space Marine Bike :smile.:

There was me nagging you and you beat me to it! You might like to know that my vow is in and is a shameless ripoff of homage to your Alpha Legion. I thought I'd mention that now before I put paint on them, that's where it all goes wrong ...

I can't believe I missed the squad pictures - WOW they look fantastic!  :wub: :wub: :wub:  

I can't wait for you to finally tackle a bike!

Also, small tip: I noticed that you're cropping your pictures tighter and tighter, lately. I'm not sure why, but may I suggest leaving just a tiny bit more empty space on the sides of, below, and especially above the miniatures - it'll give them a little 'breathing room' which makes the colours spring out better :tu:

I've done some more work on the Primus Medicae :)

MDqDBAB.jpg

HKEX18v.jpg

XeYT5OK.jpg

sWmDWpR.jpg

I hope you like how it's looking so far. Hopefully I'll be able to make some more progress tomorrow.

Excited to see this guy come along. Speedy medic!

Where did you get those triangular studs on the front of his bike? I want some of those for myself, mostly for my tanks and dreads.

Thanks bro! The spikes/studs are from Blood and Skull Industries. They'ed be perfect for tanks and dreads.

I've made a start on my first vow for ETL VI, a Primus Medicae on a Space Marine Bike :smile.:

There was me nagging you and you beat me to it! You might like to know that my vow is in and is a shameless ripoff of homage to your Alpha Legion. I thought I'd mention that now before I put paint on them, that's where it all goes wrong ...

I'm honoured!! Looking forward to seeing how they go. How are you planing to paint them?

I can't believe I missed the squad pictures - WOW they look fantastic!  :wub: :wub: :wub:  

I can't wait for you to finally tackle a bike!

Also, small tip: I noticed that you're cropping your pictures tighter and tighter, lately. I'm not sure why, but may I suggest leaving just a tiny bit more empty space on the sides of, below, and especially above the miniatures - it'll give them a little 'breathing room' which makes the colours spring out better :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot bro! Glad you like the squad. Yeah, I've always cropped my pictures fairly tightly in an effort to show the largest possible image of the minis. I've also stated posting my work on Instagram (@raptorimperialis) and I think that that might have contributed to the ever more closely cropped pics. I'll definitely try to keep your advice in mind next time I take some photos. Thanks.

Just tuning back in after a short absence. Really love the SoH squad, they ooze character and exactly like as described in the novels.

Are you planning on making you're own characters?

Thanks! Really glad you like the Sons of Horus. Yes, I'll be converting/building my own characters. I very rarely use unconverted minis, particularly when it comes to characters. So I expect the Sons of Characters will no doubt follow this trend. 

Hey kizz ! The squad look amazing as expected from you ! Great job :smile.: I look forward to see how you work on white with your new technics !

Thanks a lot bro! I've painted a bit of white on the Narthecium gauntlet, but I'll need to wait until I can get my hands on some 'chipping fluid' before I start adding white to other sections of the Medicae's armour (unless I just run out of patience and just start on the white anyway...).

Thanks for looking ;)

I will never get tired of that green. I really like looking at the bike to see the range of its color from where it is brightest into the shaded parts.

And I now have another thing to add to my shopping list. Another hobbyist did a sweet Leviathan for their Sons of Horus and I loved how it had pyramid studs on its armor. I've tried cutting down plastic and was about ready to by some plasticard in hopes of making my own.