The Eagles Spire - Semper Fidelis Eagles Eternal

Brother paen- thank you, I will continue to press on.

One-eye - thanks for the support, I actually just had the idea to cut in half one of my brass etch eagles, and put a half on each side of the jump pack. Do you think I should leave it as is or go for broke?

deathspectersgt7 - thank you brother, and thanks for the vote. I think I'll leave it as is (except I will put a few I 's on the back packs)

Hellchyld - are you saying its good as it is? Or it all looks good and I should keep going? While I don't want to overdue it, a few members of the squad have nothing done to them, Maybe i should decorate them a little.

How do you like the work done to the new (improved) EGA?

New EGA looks awesome! Oh just wondering is the chaplain carrying a copy of one of the following:

Riflemen Dodd

Ucmj

Guide for NCO's

green monster

Lol just noticed thought it was funny

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentelmen.

first allow me to start by stating that this is not going to count as sundays update (though i do have a small update for you all)

no, the purpose of todays post is to share with you my splurgings on Ebay, and ask for everyones oppinion on what to do. inculding the extreamly pricey shipping cost this little guy cost over $40 dollars. 

I would like to throw a shout out to Sir Samual Buca and his third company UltraMarines. it was on his WIP that i first saw this model. his conversion and painting of the piece inspired me to do something similar. (though i hope to change enough that its not considered stealing) after kindly showed me a link of the model, i went on ebay without hesitation. the single item i found was new in box... perfect! i bought it with out second thought to the steep price i would be paying for a hunk of metal.

Sir Samual's WIP is located here, should any of you find the time to look at his work.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/272159-ultramarines-3rd-company-pic-heavy/

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1062_zps877b8196.jpg

so my question to you all is, should i make this proud warrior my Company Champion??? or is he worthy enough to be my Chapter Champion?

(the only other posistion i can promote him to would be as the Second Company Commander, though i dont currently know what his wargear is)

so please!!!! i ask that any of you with any thought to the matter, VOICE THEM (with text)! all of youre input will be very helpful, and i appreciate it so very much. and now, to encurage you all to vote, i offer you a small bonus mini update this week. (which means ill have to scrounge up something else to count as my update for sunday)

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1059_zps36611568.jpg

not wanting my sternguard SGT to have the Lightning claw in the posistion it comes with in the command box, i had to cut off a large chunk of the shoulder. in doing so the cables normaly running there interfered with the shoulder pads, so i had to hack at them. this left a large confusing powercable to nowhere. so i started to fix it by putting this....whatever it is (twisty tie???). doing that broke the arm off at first, so its now it set at a differnt angle, which i think works. having fixed the arm, i then set to the Green stuff!!!!!

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1060_zps751026fe.jpg

thanks for voting guys, and youre C&C is very much encurraged! see you all sunday... hopefuly i woulnt be empty handed. RAH!

That means I'll have to find some one even better to be the chapter champ. And If I give him the power sword / combat shield, he will not be "fit" for use as the chapter champion.

Chapter wise I would like to explain some of my rank structure fluff wise. The chapter champion works very closely with the chapter master, sometimes overseeing things in the chapter masters absence. He's kind of like the SgtMaj of the marine corps. At least that was my thought... Now I think he has too few wounds to be considered of equal rank to a commander.... Damnit.

The Sgt of a veteran squad would be my guess for the hard charging gunny. Or make him that chapter champion and just scuff him up a bit. Its a gorgeous model, I used to have one myself but could never find a proper use for it and so I sold it a few months ago. Your models make me wish I would have held onto a few of the things I got rid of.

Thanks guys, and to e clear, (unless I decide its what I want) I'm giving him a different weapon load out. So don't think the hammer is set in stone.

Also Im likely going to use a different head, depending on what he ends up becoming.

I feel like a hard charging gunny needs more than one wound...

its update time!!!!

Before i post the pics, im going to explain how my vow works. for those of you who missed it, i have vowed to post an update every sunday. failure to post an update will be met with swift punishment. i shall not play any of my beloved Xbox should i not uphold my vow, untill such time that i can make amends and post the required update.

but wait, theres more! now you too can be a part of this epic adventure. in order to make sure i dont cheat on my vow by posting unworthey updates (such as the same model, now with a dent in his shield) you the viewer can vote on weather or not my update is adiquate or not.

fun right?

so heres the update for tonight.

we start of with a member of my second company, seventh squad.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1065_zps4a3027b9.jpg

i belive i've already posted a picture of his equal, a marine with flamer and chainsword in hand. i dont like my models looking to much alike, so i trimmed the hand off of a chainsword and green stuffed the handgrip. its being held on by putty so if anyone thinks it would look better in another posistion please speek up. i also have two front pics to compare which way his head looks better.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1067_zps4082960e.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1066_zps3c59088a.jpg

and finaly for today, i made some additional purity seals for my sternguard

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1068_zpsde2c885a.jpg

other things i did (but decided would not warent a picture) is remove the hand from my heavy flamer and replace it with one that was holding an axe. i stuck that onto the flamer and positioned it so that i could GS the soft armor on the wrist. i still have to make the arms for one more, but im contemplating having the weapon slung and held one handed. ive also put an order in for a LOTD heavy flamer, and the tyranic war vet's.

so.... now the question is left to you.... has my weekly vow been met? am i free of my debt, or will i have to slave my free time to my work?

Those are awesome love the chainsword on the marine. The shoulder pads are crazy good! I can see me paying you for those! (PayPal) also how did you achieve the helmets? It's almost like there wearing neck gators! Also check out anvil industries they got some cool bitz

Recon

Always amazing. I think the Chapter Champion position is worthy of such a nice figure. I kinda place CSMs as Chaplains enforcing the traditions and standards while motivating thru action.  As for the flamer guy I always try to have my figs looking over their weapons, this of course doesnt leave alot of room for  diversity and everyone ends up looking alike. Anyway, keep 'em coming.

Archived