The Eagles Spire - Semper Fidelis Eagles Eternal

Well, it looks like my vow for the week is a success.

thanks NightHunter, I often find myself impressed by youre works as well.

Brother Paen, what do you mean by "CSM"? and thank you for youre thoughts, i appreciate that.

Recon and Marine, thanks for the site. I achieved the "Eagle patern" helms by cutting away the vents and and the side bits, and then cutting into the sides so that i have some room for the GS. i then get a smallish ball of GS and hand press it over the face. then with a flat tool i simply flaten the sides. then though several attempts i make both sides even and try to give the "Beak" a slight curve.

i never even thought to compaire it to a gator, but now that you mention it. yeah

Hey guys, im at a stump, and im having issues in seeing how to press on. The only thing i can think of thats left to do for these guys (aside from adorning every inch of their armor with seal's and icons, which seems to be what happens when i sit down at the table) is, if possible, squeze some grenades onto their belts, and finish the last Marine's arms/weapon. One thing thats slowing me down here is the fact that his weapon is another Heavy Flamer, and i have to pull those out of the Terminator boxes. Not a real problem, as im pretty sure i've got 3 more boxes from my supplies. I guess the reason that i have not pulled out said boxes is, im being lazy, and also i've had this old school TDA Heavy Flamer laying right in my workspace (I think i pulled it out when I went to look for some models im missing). So i've been contemplating using this old flamer to give the Marine a differnt look from the last.

Well, "what brings us here", I hear you asking. The answer is simple, I cant make up my mind on weather or not it would look good. Its the weirdest thing, i've used older armor marks because it gives an older look to the Marines, a weapon should do the same thing. I just cant decide if it will look as good as the newer marks. That is where you come in. I need youre feedback to help me get past this stump. I've also used some yellow tac to pose the Marine, I thought it might be interesting to have his flamer dropped to the side, with his pistol drawn and aimming down range. (ignor that its a plasma, its just a place holder) So the second question I have is "does it make sense for an Assault Weapon to be held aside, while the Marine is shootting his pistol?" Furthermore, its one thing to look cool, i want it to make sense. Lastley, if you have any suggestions for a differnt pose, im all ears. All of youre comments and critques are much appreciated.

Heres the two weapons.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1075_zpsfd549aa6.jpg

And heres a possible pose for the Marine

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1076_zpsf713c745.jpg

Thanks guys, see you Sunday with the update

I'll weigh in on both of your questions. The older flamer is the one I like better for this. On the topic of slinging the weapon to shoot his pistol, this of it like this. Recon carries an M4 and a pistol. When they empty a magazine in their rifle, they can choose to sling the rifle and draw the pistol or reload. Or consider, that he's trying to kill an enemy that's running away and needs to do it now. Either makes sense to me. Besides it looks cool. I might just have to steal it for my army.

go with the the relic and have him shooting his pistol. sometimes you just gotta dot the I and cross the T before going back through the paperwork. Looking forward to see him in final form and waiting for colors

Well using our pistol is a TO weapon however there are times when switching to our sidearm CQB,weak arm transition,etc etc etc...we learned these techniques in BRC...and I also went to MOUT leaderships course..say the marine switches to his BP because maybe it takes to long to reload the canister for the flamer?? So for instance ran out of permethium and a cultist is charging you easy blow his brains out with a mass reactive round!!!

SEMPER FI

Like the "relic" flamer ,paint the tip glowing red like its just finished firing. I also like the " going to backup" pose, it tells a cool story. Now the hard part, ditch the existing holster on his leg and greenstuff a new one with the flap open to show where that plasma pistol came from. Its only logical.

That was already a plan. Also I need to reverse the holster, as currently it would be drawn with the right hand. I might need to do that with the other flamer as well.

Thanks whitescar, I find the trick to be "just keep going till its right"

I'm goin to say that the Relic Heavy Flamer (RHF) was a marvel of design, capable of propelling its fuel at ranges equal to modern technology, but at significantly less weight, and with a better fuel consumption rate.

I was thinking about slinging the weapon, and also slinging the other HF.

and 24 hours and 3 minutes later, the vision has become reality.

i just have to modify the hand (which is massive, even compaired to the newer model) and once the GS on the pouch dries i can make the little flap part. last thing to do is make the sling.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1084_zpsaf42bc3a.jpg

i feel like im breaking my rule by posting an update before sunday, but then again i think i also posted a mini update last week so its cool...i guess.

maybe not

An Update from the Frontlines!

The Eagle Spire is the Fortress Monastery of the Eagles Eternal, and is home to all companies of the noble chapter. From this point forward this is no longer "my" thread, but is the thread of all Eagles Eternal. (Possibly even successor chapters) the Eagles are fighting on many fronts, and so far we have only revived reports from the Second Company, and Elements of the First, to include the Chapter Master "Conner O'Bannon". News has reached us however, that the Fourth Company is mopping up the last of our hated enemies after an extended campaign on Zsadist major. Expect to see some of their number soon, as well as the equipment they have secured for the glory of the Chapter.

I made the Eagles a third founding chapter sometime ago because I wanted to capture the corps "long standing traditions" and allow for the enevitable successor's I knew my brothers would want to create. Paen and recon, you're chapters are accepted naturally. I'm expecting some one to do the fourth company (I'll let them introduce it as they truly created their own vision of the company).

It will be different sharing the thread, but it will be motivating to see others works, kind of like those "a tale of 20 gamers" that we're running for a few months. Also, as most of us have the same vision, this way we can better share ideas.

I will continue with my weekly vow, and encourage you all to make you're own.

War angel what if we all used the EGA shoulder pad and then used our chapter pad on the left shoulder kinda like our EGA on our cammies? I was thinking of doing a chapter loosely on the 1st MAR DIV,

I'll continue to follow the posts here but don't think I'll be starting a new army anytime soon. That being said, I'm definitely interested in getting a hold of some sculpted shoulder pads. I have a set of instant mold/ instant putty that just begs to be put to use making these shoulder pads.

Archived