The Eagles Spire - Semper Fidelis Eagles Eternal

Thanks guys, I was really getting unsure of myself. These guys have a different color scheme than my others because they are first company, I'm thinking of adding more white to winter there shoulders or there backpacks, if love to hear you're thoughts.

more white on the pads and between the vent and the pack would be cool.

id use Zandri Dust, athonian Camoshade, Ogryn Camo, Ushabti Bone, Krieg Khaki, and Tallarn Sand for desert camo

Heres the Vow for the week, it may not seem like much, but heres the first three to have the white finished.... the other seven are simply awaiting their turn to get the final highlight, which will be done tomorrow. ive also paint primed two shoulder pads to test out how they look with white shoulder trim instead of red... i feel like ill be missing out on some of my red, but i think it will look good all the same. i might even paint an all white corvus pad...

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1114_zps1c4e3783.jpg

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1115_zps3313ccc3.jpg

and heres the brush that did it all.... i think ive ruined it, im really not sure how to take care of these things... i pretend to do alright with them, but im begining to not belive myself.

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o567/lastdog/IMG_1116_zps734eddb6.jpg

For cleaning a brush that has been through a horrible ordeal, use either window cleaner or all purpose surface cleaner on a paper towel and drag the bristles through it, its how i make sure washes dont make my brushes stiff and annoying, i like the scheme, can't wait to see some finished stuff

Just google "paintbrush care," and I'm sure you'll find some good stuff.  Looking at the photo of your brush, I can see you have paint all the way up into the metal ferrule.  There's really no reason to have paint that far up the brush, as the belly of the brush ends about two thirds of the way up the length of the exposed bristle.  When the paint dies inside the ferrule, it will force the bristles apart and cause the tip of the brush to split apart.  This is why some people keep old brushes for mixing paint.  I use this stuff for brush cleaning.

War Angel, I've noticed that paint was working its way to the end of my brushes too. I was making sure not to dip too deep, then i noticed that while painting I held the brush point-up at tmes and the paint was flowing down to the barrel. Maybe the same for you. Just my 2 cents.

The work is coming along nicely.  Keep 'em coming.

Archived