Chaplain's hobby misc. Red Gobbo!

Nice to see the Caestus has emerged from its damage reborn and ready for a fight.

That Emperor's Champion is also coming together very nicely, a real spectacular conversion, the dude looks like a real beast.

Phew, glad the Caestus was salvagable.  Very much like the heavy bolter armed marines and the Chaplain's new lectern is a very cool addition. Not quite sure about billowing cloaks on blokes armed with Heavy Flamers :tongue.:. Good call on replacing the Storm Raven turret, far far better looking indeed.

The Emperors Champion is looking smart. 

I feel your pain on the Cestus. I had a game a couple of months back now and put my hobby cases in a friends car, could hear them slapping about in the rear and cringed every damn time. When I got to the gaming club and opened my vehicle box everything was where it should be except that it was all covered in bits of fellblade. 

DimDim: Hahaha, yeah-- it's hard not to like an Emperor's Champion, they are a such a cool concept.  Shame they aren't as awesome on the tabletop as their previous iteration.  But what do I care? I'm in it for the modelling, not the rules!

Hushrong: Thanks brother--there is definitely something about this model that keeps me coming back to him; maybe it is that swagger.

Argent Aquila: Yes, yes-- I do suffer from gray army syndrome.  Rest assured, they will be painted at some point-- we've been discussing getting an airbrush set-up as well as placing my first ever forgeworld order after my wedding this spring (shockingly, those are her ideas, not mine. Not that I'm going to complain mind you)

Vash113: Thanks brother, pretty excited about your proposed Erelim squad.  Let me know if I can help with that in any way.  Remind me to bring over those BA bits on our next hobby hangout day. 

Sockwithaticket: Haha, yeah-- I had the same thought about cloaked heavy flamer wearers, but then I thought "eh, they're veterans, they've been doing this for decades if not centuries. Let them have their eccentricities."  I did it more for unit visual cohesion than anything. 

Brother Tyrax: Ouch, that's rough. Did you manage to salvage your Fellblade?

Not a big update this morning guys-- was out for a good chunk of last night helping the missus establish a new home office-- shopping for and building furniture, etc, so I'm running on E, so to speak.

16174738895_fa5792ebe0.jpg

Pinned the legs on and am now basing the counts-as Androcles using the stairs from the space hulk librarian (lord knows I'm not going to field a filthy witch anytime soon).  Unfortunately-- the combi melta has broken.  Fortunately, I have the bits and the means to make a new one, though it will be different than the previous incarnation.   I've been toying with the idea of replacing the torso front with one from an upgrade set.  The other thing I can't decide on is a head.  I'm convinced a Calas Typhon bare head with a custom bionic would look fantastic-- but the issue is finding one online!  Then again, a helmet might look good too...decisions, decisions. 

MKIV helmets never disappoint.

But for him a heresy helm would look really cool

Painstakingly so.

A bare head would suit him well, possibly the bearded veteran one from the Sternguard set or a Mk1 or Mk2 helmet would fit with the armour.

Thanks for the comments brothers.  Tyrax, I'm actually using the bearded sternguard head on a biker captain (and am attempting to not repeat the use of bare heads throughout, at least-- not without some serious converting first).  I will start investigating some Mk2/3 heads that might fit the bill.  The mk2 apothecary from forgeworld isn't a separate bit by any chance is it? Probably not, that would be too convenient...

Had to take care of a few errands (a few more still left to do), but I managed to bang out some progress on the Master of the Forge.  I wasn't too keen on the horizontal headdress, so some alterations were in order...

16012062920_533b32f18f.jpg

15579591883_dd6d7f22c9_z.jpg

15579604543_96ae0661ff_z.jpg

15579598833_ec09329ec3_z.jpg

The fantasy dwarf character Grimm Burlokssen was the primary source of all of these various cogs- including the extremely punk-rock looking cog mohawk!  I couldn't get the cog to sit just right on the shoulderpad, but with the new tentacle maker toolbox I might be able to make some cables that will lock into/feed into the conversion beamer.   The bionic eye's base are a couple of the exhausts from the chaos warpsmith cut to fit and glued in place.  Micro Krystal Klear will let me make a physical lens for the bionic.  Still need to make some connecting cables and gap fill it-- but I am happy with how it's shaping up.

Thanks for looking guys! 

MKIV helmets never disappoint.

But for him a heresy helm would look really cool

Painstakingly so.

A bare head would suit him well, possibly the bearded veteran one from the Sternguard set or a Mk1 or Mk2 helmet would fit with the armour.

Thanks for the comments brothers.  Tyrax, I'm actually using the bearded sternguard head on a biker captain (and am attempting to not repeat the use of bare heads throughout, at least-- not without some serious converting first).  I will start investigating some Mk2/3 heads that might fit the bill.  The mk2 apothecary from forgeworld isn't a separate bit by any chance is it? Probably not, that would be too convenient...

The head of the MK II apothecary from FW isn't a separate bit unfortunately, that would indeed be too easy.  May I suggest one of the heads from the FW IH kits?  The heads of the MK III and the Meduson Immortals are all separate bits and several of them are pretty interesting.  I'm a big fan of the Sergeant's bare head from the Immortals kit myself.  If you have your heart set on the MK II apothecary's head though I happen to have a spare body in my bits box that's yours if you want it.

BTW rules-wise a Master of the Forge with conversion beamer replaces his servo-harness and boltgun to get the beamer, he can retain his pistol or swap that for a power axe but cannot match a beamer with a bolter. He could however use the relic bolter/storm bolter though.

Ephrael: thanks for the suggestion of the forgeworld iron hands heads-- I will look into them; though don't be surprised if I take you up on that offer ultimately, haha.

Magic Man: Thanks brother-- yeah, it's certainly unique.  Pretty pleased with how it's turned out overall.

Vash113: A very astute observation brother; though I have magnetized the backpack just for such reasons-- to either run it with a servo harness or to run conversion beamer/primarch's wrath.  

Tonight's update is a small one-- but I'm chuffed with how he looks, a multi-melta toting crusader.  The first heavy weapons trooper for my troops choices.

16232651951_6bba507f63.jpg

16232658601_d60f69851d.jpg

15614683563_ffb192f901.jpg

The shoulderpad is the games workshop Crimson Fists finecast pad, with the fists icon obviously removed.  2 packs will let me quickly put pads onto about 20 mk4/5/6 marines without having to trim and sand rims off of other shoulderpads.  Worth every penny in that respect.

I have some bits and bobs that came in the mail to sort though-- but expect more pictures soon.  Bit of exciting news-- I have my first game of 40k since 5th edition this Saturday; which may or may not wind up being a doubles game.  So, wish me luck! I'll try and write up a battle report for your enjoyment. 

Love the rebreather head on him, much better looking than the clean shaven ones that've been circulating in the new space marine kits IMO, and you gave me a wonderful idea for using my own imperial fist parts, here i was thinking that i'd have to start a crimson/imperial fist army one of these days. (not that it'd be a necessarily bad thing... :happy.: )

MOTF is seriously cool, he's a fine addition to your army if i say so myself, speaking of which, do you think some group shots could happen for us??? I'm very curious to see all of your progress so far as a whole. :laugh.:

As far as actually playing a game.....

make ready the rites of war.

No pity, No remorse, No fear!

MOTF is seriously cool, he's a fine addition to your army if i say so myself, speaking of which, do you think some group shots could happen for us??? I'm very curious to see all of your progress so far as a whole.

Took these before work, sorry for the rough quality-- it's a macro camera lens, haha.

16054751799_a936b67818.jpg

The crowd pleasing Emperor's Champion leading the charge

16240005562_7b0f1da449_z.jpg

Crusaders following their noble champion into the fray! (Couldn't find one of the sergeants for this photo op-- sneaky devil thinks he's a raven guard clearly).

15620979813_542282fbf2_c.jpg

Sternguard and devastators gather around the yet unnamed captain androcles counts as.  Chaplain Evagrius, in his dreadnought-- photobombs in epic style. The vindicators take up residence in the back (managed to pin the siege shield onto one of them-- need to fix the tracks and siege shield onto the other.)

15618438094_294e28c699_z.jpg

Master of the Forge ____ begins calibrations of the conversion beamer for tomorrow's battle.

16240025092_8e63fab2a4_z.jpg

The siege dreadnought scouts for new prey

16239009961_03f6b0ded0_z.jpg

Chaplain Halford and his Reclusiam Command Squad on the prowl-- eager to cleanse the enemy in the fires of combat.

16054748949_0330f10377_z.jpg

Captain Kalcheskis-- still needs a storm shield, haha.

16054743449_f7a4c576a1_z.jpg

Rapier weapons battery, assault sergeant, and siege vanguard mantlet sergeant; standing ready to usher in future projects for this army blog.

And lastly, a group shot:

15618410964_8dcc8cb704_c.jpg

Okay folks, that's it for tonight.  Gotta pack a weekend bag and go grab dinner.  I'll try and write up a battle report for my game I'm having tomorrow. 

As lovely as expected! GET SOME PAINT ON 'EM!!!!!!!! :tongue.:

Yeah, yeah you've said that before. They'll be painted eventually brother. Real life takes precedent in terms of finances (and an airbrush is a serious investment).

Nice Group shot.

Thanks DSS7.

By he Emperor that is a lot of fine cast.

Yep, it's a lot of resin bases too.  :wink:

Okay-- here is a rushed battle report, please excuse the poor grammar.  

We both deployed in opposing corners in a diagonal pattern for the purposes of this game.  Vash113 ran a mixture of vehicles and infantry using the following list (post the list sent via PM) whereas I ran this list.   Our warlords, his warboss with the Bellowing Tyrant trait and mine with the Master of Bombardment trait from the siege vanguard warlord table; sadly I did not remember to use that warlord trait-- A mistake I will not make in the future (perhaps a dry erase board on the side of the table with reminders would help me keep track of all the minutia these latest editions have added to the game).

Marine army list

HQ: Master of the forge: primarch's wrath, auspex, conversion beamer = 140 points

ps:

10 man assault squad, combat shields, 2 grav guns, sergeant with lightning claw, dedicated transport landraider prometheus with extra armor and pintle multi melta = 515 points

10 man assault squad, combat shields, 2 grav guns, sergeant with lightning claw, dedicated transport landraider prometheus with extra armor and pintle multi melta = 515 points
Fast Attack:
Storm talon with typhoon missile launcher: 145 points
Heavy Support:
Relic sicaran: armored ceramite, battle of sarosh (legacy of glory), 185 points

Rapier weapon platforms (3) 1 quad heavy bolter, 2 laser destroyers 150 points

Vindicator tank squadron: 2 vindicators, siege shields and extra armor = 260 points

Thunderfire cannon = 100 points

2010 points.

Ork army list

Ardenuff’s Mutha Trukka’s

HQ:

Boss Krag Goldfang

-Eavy Armor, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Cybork Body, Attack Squig, Kombi-Shoota/Rokkit

Total: 119

Big Mek Gizwot Shokmasta

-Power Klaw, Kustom Force Field, Eavy Armor, Cybork Body

Total: 119

Warphead Sparkhead Face Zappa (Weird Boy)

-Warphead

Total: 70

Elites:

Ardenuff’s Big Choppa’s (Nobs: 9)

-Eavy Armor x9, Power Klaw x2

Total: 248

Battlewagon Rollin Thunda

-Red Paint Job, 'Ard Case, Armour Plates, Grot Riggers, Kannon, Big Shootas x4

Total: 180

Troops:

Brasstooth's Dakka Boyz (Shoota Boyz: 11)

-Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Shootas, Big Shoota

Total: 122

-Trukk, Red Paint, Armor

Total: 45

Skullcrusha's Ard Boyz (Boyz: 12)

-Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Eavy Armor x12, Rokkit Launcha x1

Total: 165

-Truck, Red Paint, Armor

Zappa's Grots (Grots: 11)

-Runtherd, Grot Prod, Squig Hound

Fast Attack:

Buzztoof’s Deffkopta’s (Koptas: 5)

-Rockit Launcha’s x5

Total: 150

Thickhead Loot-taka's Orkspeedas (Wartrakks: 3)

-Wartrakk x3, Red Paint x3

Total: 105

Trukk Bomma (Burna Bommer)

-Red Paint Job

Total: 120

Heavy Support:

Deffdread Shoota Kutta

-Kustom Mega-Blasta, Skorcha, Armor Plates

Total: 100

Gizgaz's Killa Kan's (3)

-Grotzooka, Skorcha, Big Shoota, Armor Plates x3

Total: 190

Krank’s Killa Kan’s (3)

-Grotzooka, Big Shoota, Rokkit Launcha, Armor Plates x3

Total: 185

Total: 2008

Turn One

Marines:

Determined to keep the orks away from the invaluable field artillery and the Master of the Forge during his delicate calibrations and overseeing of maintenance rituals-- the tanks of the Confessors formed an armored blockade, determined to either annihilate the greenskin horde outright or make them pay for their impudence with every bloody inch.  The thundefire cannon, landraider crusader and sicaran opened fire with a staggering salvo of surface detonation, assault cannon and accelerator autocannon; destroying the peurile wartracks in a cacophony of rent metal and exploding fuel, ork giblets falling to the ground like hailstones after having been catapulted into the air via blessed bombardment.  The rapier weapons platforms, content in the destruction of the wartracks brought their guns to bear and fired at the congregation of killa kans atop the ruined titan, immobilizing one of the kans. The prometheus, almost in tandem fired an explosive volley towards the deffkoptas, sending one into a fire crash and reducing it to burning rubble.  The master of the forge, offended by the mechanical monstrosities advancing towards him discharged a beam of destructive energies from his conversion beamer towards the wobbling koptas, but the shot went wild.  His eye narrowed behind his helmet's visor-- his calculations were immaculate, that blast should have hastened the koptas' doom.  There was a force beyond that of science and logic at work here-- Witchcraft.  Xenos witchcraft.  First blood to the Confessors!

Orks: 

The bestial horde was quick to anger-- and even quicker to leave the buried remains of the Imperial titan to come to blows with the Astartes threat. The killa kans embodied this animalistic frenzy-- trampling one of their own to surge forth.  Wartrucks brimming with boyz surged forward in attempts to choke the assault ramp of the Prometheus closed under the mass of greenskin fury.  The deffkoptas, enraged at the loss of one of their flyboyz fired rockets at the landraider that wronged them, the crude weaponry proving effective and removing a hullpoint from its ancient and war scarred hull.  Even the warboss was hell bent on turning the altercation into a grand and bloody melee as soon as possible-- commanding the driver of his battlewagon to charge through a building, ignoring the objective within.  His sycophantic weirdboy attempted to conjure the psychic might of their foul gods, channeling his psychic energy into crushing the beleaguered Prometheus; but Gork or perhaps Mork only laughed, and the power scattered off table.

Turn Two

Marines:

The landraider crusader wheeled, bringing the full weight of its armaments to bear down upon the trukks that were threatening to engage the Prometheus, the two tanks pumping round after round of fire into the transport until it exploded, engulfing its munitions and crew in cleansing flame. Still, orks are a hearty beast-- and a handful managed to crawl free of the wreckage, before charging the landraider in hopes their primitive weapons could destroy the mighty war engine.  The sicaran followed suit-- nearly ripping the flank of the battlewagon apart with its accelerator cannon; but the ingenuity of the ork kustom force field shielded the junker juggernaught. The vindicators, finally within range of the enemy fired upon the greenskin menace in conjunction with the rapiers-- aiding in the destruction of 2 killa kans, a deffkopta and some boyz.  The master of the forge fired his conversion beamer, with the shot once again going wide.  No doubt swearing under his breath, he had completely forgotten to call for the stormtalon waiting in reserve...

Orks;

A wave of green tide swept forth to cover and drown the marines; 'ardboyz determined to charge the prometheus, killa kanz and their pack leader deff dread charging crusader, sicaran and vindicator alike.  A burnabomma arrived onto the field like a starved animal, its roaring engine matched only in ferocity with the sounds of its infernal dakka-- slaying the valiant crew of a rapier platform before determining its next victim.  The carnage below saw the destruction of the two vindicators, and a hull point taken from the sicaran.

Turn Three:

Marines:

Dislodging itself from the throng of orks, the landraider crusader revved its engines and drove full throttle towards the siege objective, knowing that the savage ork walkers would waste precious time having to turn and give chase if it hoped to stop the astartes. The stormtalon arrived, and began its bloody avenging of the vindicators-- blowing apart the battlewagon, making a mockery of the kustom force field that had saved it in the previous turn.  The warboss, having cunningly disembarked from the battlewagon was greeted with a barrage from the thunderfire cannon- wounding some of his nobz. The prometheus killed another deffkopta with its sponsons, the machine spirit clearly still enraged from the rocket harassment it suffered earlier.  The remaining laser destroyer rapier and quad heavy bolter coordinated fire with the master of the forge, destroying 2 killa kans and reducing a third to 1 hull point-- his conversion beamer finally landing on target.  The assault marines, frenziedly disgorging themselves from the maw of the enraged Prometheus fired flamer, grav gun and pistol into the unit of 'Ardboyz, before charging into combat. The communication was wasted on the greenskin nob leading the unit, but the sergeant's challenge was accepted and his lightning claw dealt with the beast in short order.  Suffering no losses in that assault, the assault squad overran the orks in a sweeping advance and annihilated them, using their consolidation to become king of the hill objective, albeit for a short while.

Orks:

The morale of the deffkopta flyboyz was temporarily shattered, the remnants of the unit nearly fleeing from the table. The lone killa kan charged the sicaran, and in a rage one would expect of a giant, mechanical pissed off garbage can, destroyed the antique marine tank.  The burna bomma dropped a bomb on the master of the forge, forcing an armor save he didn't pass-- before opening fire with its other guns.  To be expected of a master, he passed all the remaining saves he was asked to make. The warboss and his nob retinue, tyrants in a society where stature and height determine one's social standing could not sit idly by as the assault squad took a temporary respite atop the adjacent hill-- and charged the squad, destroying them utterly, green skin becoming red as they wantonly spilled the blood of noble and selfless astartes warrior.  Still fuming, they turned their attention towards the Prometheus, which the steadfast boyz were assaulting (removing another hullpoint leaving a paltry 2) as well as the astartes warlord...

Turn Four:

Marines:

The avenging spree continued as the stormtalon and rapiers ripped into the Deff Dread, reducing it to a single hull point. The master of the forge, looking down in disgust at the lowly orks clamoring over the hull of his chapter's beloved Prometheus released the safety on his relic boltgun and fire the five S4 Ap4 shots into their ranks, and reduced them to sticky pulp, marring the paint with their filthy xeno blood. The machine spirit of the Prometheus, content to be rid of the xeno parasites crawling about- fired into the warlord and his retinue of nobz, felling one of them.  The techmarine behind the thunderfire cannon detected the presence of grot xenos lifeforms behind the siege objective and fired a flurry of air detonation rounds, reducing their number by nearly half.  Witnessing the fireworks display, the landraider crusader plowed its way onto the objective and fired at the grots, killing 2<?>.  The assault marines disembarked and clamored towards the objective.

Orks:

The solitary trukk moved towards the center ruin to contest and eventually secure the objective contained within.  The warboss charged and destroyed the Prometheus before continuing his blood swathed advance towards the artillery platform above. The remaining killa kan led that charge, so to speak, engaging the rapier batteries which had no means of repelling the mechanical menace; and began their systematic dismantling. The weirdboy, clearly suffering from some form of xeno headache/aneurism from all of the failed psychic powers advanced into the side ruin for a nap-- where he remained to capture the side objective.  

Turn Five:

Marines:

The landraider crusader, having unloaded its payload of assault marines backed off of the ruined titan objective and fired its pintle mounted multi-melta-- destroying the Deff Dread hot on its heels! Retaliation for the assault cannon the deff dread had destroyed in the previous turn no doubt! The storm talon, denied its revenge upon the deff dread fired its assault cannon into the remaining grots and killed them all, freeing the objective up for uncontested marine capture! The techmarine stepped down from his thunderfire cannon to deal with the impending warboss assault, firing a flamer template from the ramparts-- killing a nob and wounding the warboss twice (both warlord's down to 1 wound at this point!) The master of the forge supplemented some hot bolter shells to the repelling action- reducing the entourage to 3 nobz and the wounded warboss before the final bloody assault.

Orks:

The burnabomma zoomed forward guns blazing- destroying the agile storm talon and sending its metal carcass careening into the front of the land raider crusader.  Seemingly unfazed, the crusader remained motionless-- contesting 2 objectives (and ultimately capturing 1), ready to fire its hurricane bolter and multi-melta into whatever ork was brave or foolhardy enough to encroach upon its sovereign, and hard earned territory. The deffkoptas, regaining their composure fired off a final volley of shots towards the closest marine target-- felling an assault marine atop the siege objective.  The warboss charged the ramparts- dodging the point blank bolter fire of the master of the forge with a preternatural grace for a creature of such titanic bulk before bifurcating the master of the forge in a vulgar display of power. His nobz followed suit, striking down the techmarine that had besieged them from the game's beginning.

Final victory points

Marines:

1 objective (landraider captured)

First blood

siege objective (no victory point, but needed for victory conditions)

Orks:

side objective (weirdboy)

landing pad (marine deployment zone)

center ruin (trukk)

slay the warlord (master of the forge)

2: 4 Ork victory. Still, not a bad game considering I haven't played since 5th. 

Edited by The_Chaplain

VERY descriptive BR, i could almost see the fight unfolding...

speaking of see the fight, any pics??? i'm the curious visual type. :tongue.:

Sorry, no photos this time around-- but I will definitely take photos of the next game.  I'm trying to use these games as a means to proxy and test units that I don't have or have enough of-- a "try it before you buy it" mentality as it were.

My opponent was gracious enough to write up a fictionalized account of how yesterday's game transpired:

The Battle of the Kyrathos Plains

In one of the last major battles of the Scouring the forces of the Imperium and the traitor legions clashed on the distant border outpost world of Kyrathos II. Having been used as a supply station for search and destroy fleets of the vengeful loyalist legions for several years the site was a prime target for the scattered traitors. Emerging from the warp in-system and well behind the picket system-defense fleet a force of Iron Warriors and traitor Titans made planet-fall on the equatorial continent following a massive orbital bombardment that seeded most of the rest of the globe with nuclear and biochem munitions. With most of the defenders already dead or dying from radiation and viral contagions the few remaining warriors of the Imperial Army were no match for the traitor legions, all that stood between the traitors and the stockpiles of loyalist munitions and supplies were the last Titans of a Legio now long lost to history. Only the name of the Imperator-class Titan in command of the loyalist god-machines remains, the Castellan of Augora. At the height of the short but brutal battle the Castellan of Augora met the champion of the traitor Titans, the infamous Imperator Titan known as the Dies Irae. The handful of survivor accounts tell of the Castellan holding back the enemy long enough for the loyalists to detonate their stockpiles and deny the enemy their prize. With nothing left to plunder the traitors withdrew, their ships diving back into the warp before the picket-fleet managed to reach orbit and engage them. Boiling radiation storms and seismic instability made the planet uninhabitable, what few defenders survived were evacuated and the system was abandoned for nearly ten thousand years. In 990.M41 a nearby Forge World of the Adeptus Mechanicus, conducting routine augeries of nearby systems in search of resources or salvage, discovered that the conditions on Kyrathos II had calmed to the point that salvage operations of the ancient battlefield were now possible. An expedition was dispatched and after years of sweeping the vast radiation plains the site of the Titan battle was finally discovered. Ancient relics were soon being pulled from the earth, fragments of weapons and armor, but the greatest discovery came when a team of diggers uncovered the head-section of the Castellan of Augora. The rest of the Titan was nowhere to be found, the Dies Irae had likely torn the cockpit from its foe and tossed it aside. Even so the command chamber within the helm contained ancient relic systems and cogitators, themselves invaluable artifacts, but that data contained within could prove even more precious, revealing techno-arcana long lost to the Adeptus Mechanicus, ancient star-charts, battlefield data and reports from wars fought at the dawn of the Imperium, the value of the find was beyond measure. Unknown to the Mechanicus however the chief Weird Boy of an ork raiding fleet operating in a nearby system detected the echoes of the Mechanicus astropathic sending and culled enough information from the distorted mental images to tell his Warboss that the machine-boyz were digging up ancient guns nearby. Unable to resist the temptation of such large-scale dakka the orks struck the system like a thunderbolt. An hour after the Mechanicus sent an emergency call for aid all signals were lost.

After two probing ships sent to the system failed to return the Mechanicus grew desperate and dispatched a general call for aid, promising rich technological rewards for anyone able to recover the Titan head, or failing that, a download of its memory core. A task group of the Confessors chapter traveling through the warp between warzones picked up the call and diverted to the Kyrathos system. Led by the chapter's Master of the Forge the task force possessed only a handful of battle-brothers but had a sizable force of heavy-armor and aircraft. Knowing that his forces were insufficient to overwhelm the ork raiders the senior Techmarine chose instead to adopt a lightning raid tactic. The Confessors Strike Cruiser swept past the ork picket ships, engaging at extreme range before pulling away and drawing the orks in pursuit. As the xenos vessels left orbit they failed to notice a dozen small shapes moving on attitude thrusters alone through the fields of wreckage orbiting the planet. As soon as the greenskins had fully pulled away from orbit the Confessors assault craft engaged their main thrusters and dove into the atmosphere, their target zone the south-eastern landing pads of the Mechanicus salvage outpost, built just a few hundred yards from the site of the Castellan of Augora's remains. Landing a Thunderfire cannon and three Rapier weapon platforms on the outermost landing pad to provide fire-support the Confessors heavy tanks, a Land Raider Prometheus, two Vindicator Siege Tanks, a relic Sicaran Battle Tank and a Land Raider Crusader, formed up into a line of armor facing the ork looters crawling over the wreckage of the Titan. Spotting the marine boyz the Ork Boss in charge of the mission jumped aboard his Battlewagon and led his ramshackle horde of vehicles and walkers roaring towards the waiting Confessors armor, leaving behind only a handful of grot looterz to continue trying to find a way inside the Titan wreckage while the orks went in search of a fight. Within moments the first shots streaked across the battlefield, the Master of the Forge unleashing his arcane Conversion Beamer on the orks, the rapier weapons and Confessors tanks joined the barrage while the shells of the Thunderfire cannon screamed past overhead. The orks closed the distance rapidly, though several small walkers were torn apart by the Confessors firepower the majority of the xenos vehicles slammed into the line of space marine armor and disgorged the small force of greenskins within. As soon as the orks were fully committed the Land Raider Crusader stationed on the Confessors far eastern flank pulled away from the fight and powered at full speed towards the Titan wreckage. A few of the orks spotted the marines departing the fight and gave chase but the majority remained embattled with the main battle line. For the next twenty minutes the orks and the Confessors tore into each other with savage abandon, every one of the four remaining heavy tanks was disabled and the warriors inside cut down. With the way open the warboss and his much depleted bodyguard stormed the landing pad and and engaged the Master of the Forge and his heavy weapons crews in close quarters fighting. Over-matched the Confessors fell within moments, but all was not lost. Easily driving away the cowardly gretchin the Assault Squad transported within the Land Raider Crusader managed to rip away the Titan head's access-hatch with a single concentrated blast from the squad's Graviton gun. The squad sergeant dropped within the command chamber and climbed past the dessicated remains of the crew to reach the central cogitation array situated between the moderati thrones. Attaching a device given to him by the Master of the Forge to the console the sergeant began the download. Minutes ticked by and the fighting in the distance grew faint and then fell silent entirely and the sergeant knew he didn't have long. Yet fortune was with the marines for even as the ork boss was turning from the savaged body of the Master of the Forge to look for more things to fight the data-pack emitted a chime and the status light on its cover turned green, the download was finished. Grabbing up the device the sergeant withdrew with his squad back to the crusader and moments later the Thunderhawk Transporter circling overhead swooped down and grabbed up the tank in a single smooth maneuver. The orks pounding back towards the Titan head could not reach the marines in time, with their transports wrecked the xenos were stranded in the middle of the field as a flock of Space Marine gunships swept in and extracted the broken remains of the chapter's warriors and armor. Within thirty minutes of the first shots being fired the Space Marine craft were breaking orbit and diving into the waiting hangars of the Strike Cruiser that had outpaced its xenos pursuers and turned back to pick up the Confessors strike force. The orks could only watch in outrage as the Strike Cruiser powered out-system and dropped into the warp, its cargo of precious machine-data secured deep within its armored vaults.

Two weeks later the Confessors delivered the salvaged data to the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Master of the Forge delivering the copied memory core to the Archmagos in person, his body having been mostly machine already the damage caused by the ork commander had been easy to repair. When the Confessors Strike Cruiser left orbit of the Forge World its hold was filled with arms, armor and munitions, the reward every-bit as rich as promised. Yet of far more value was the recovered data, for the Master of the Forge had made a second copy of the recovered data and as he worked to restore the relic Sicaran tank damaged in the mission a second part of his mind was poring through the datalogs, his face breaking into a rare grin as precious machine-lore scrolled through his memory banks, despite the losses the Battle of the Kyrathos Plains had brought the chapter great rewards, great rewards indeed.

As said, that is an unholy ton of resin. That said it's really nice to see the army starting to come together, your infantry in particular look mostly finished and the vehicles are coming along nicely. Keep at it man, I'd love to see you get the army on the tabletop!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys-- been a few days since the last update; things have been pretty busy and feeling quite gloomy of late-- and neither show signs of stopping anytime soon; but I did get some time in at the table the last couple nights, which helps--- had to bury 2 pets this week, so using my hands to operate tools other than a shovel is a nice change of pace.   While most of the work has been little things like gap filling infantry models, I did tinker with some vehicles including the new Loricatus Mk II kit...

16157692930_5e94b89d0e.jpg

Been working on filling the various gaps on the Caestus assault ram, but I took a break to start some of the ornamentation on the model I'd like to do.  I was inspired by the back of the Space Hulk terminator on throne terrain piece and set to work.   I will need to order a lot of these skulls (from the landraider crusader kit), as well as add the studs but the end result will be sure to amaze (at least I hope).

15725109323_370e472727_z.jpg

16159246147_1aa15982fc_z.jpg

16158878299_67ffd80dcb_z.jpg

The crusader with the Loricatus Mk ii kit attached (the sponsons are tacked on as it were with putty for purposes of the photo).   The kit is gorgeous in person, and was easy to clean.  I didn't take a rear shot as I am fiddling with the engine block of the raider and its currently a bit of a mess.   Currently trying to figure out how to get the Vortimer pattern launchers onto the loricatus armor panelling. 

Had a game against imperial guard last week<?>, and have been meaning to write up the battle report from it; but like I said, I've been busy.  Hopefully soon, and hopefully I'll have something more substantial to show you all.  

Hey guys-- been a few days since the last update; things have been pretty busy and feeling quite gloomy of late-- and neither show signs of stopping anytime soon; but I did get some time in at the table the last couple nights, which helps--- had to bury 2 pets this week, so using my hands to operate tools other than a shovel is a nice change of pace.   

I prefer smashing things and drinking heavily.  Not necessarily in that order.  A shame to hear about your lousy luck, but at least you deal with it more productively.

It's coming along nicely.  The hurricane skulls (skullicanes?) still steal the show thus far. :D

Is that the mkii by subtle discord?

It is indeed! 

I prefer smashing things and drinking heavily.  Not necessarily in that order.  A shame to hear about your lousy luck, but at least you deal with it more productively.  It's coming along nicely.  The hurricane skulls (skullicanes?) still steal the show thus far. :biggrin.:

I like the sound of that-- the Skullicane™ !!  Pets come and go-- but it's still hard to see them go.  

Off to work folks, catch ya later!