Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing your work and have been watching for years now (has it really been years? I can remember when I first saw your Fire Angels being posted ages ago!). My goal is to hopefully reach your level of painting and sculpting at some point as you've been my source of inspiration for awhile now :smile.: Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see those Custodes all finished up!

I appreciate that man but you should aim higher than my stuff! :wink: consistent Golden Daemon failure isn't a level to aspire to haha! Looking back on my own stuff is quite interesting.. so much stuff that at the time i thought was pretty damn good that nowadays I look at and think "yeesh I used to suck" just gotta keep pushing forwards I guess and try to push our limits.

Started working on a Contemptor as i wanted to see how the scheme translated to larger models (theres some vehicles being built atm too.. but i need to be less of a butterfly and finish the 6 infantry and dread before i get distracted by something else) and its coming along quite nicely, I actually think the scheme looks nicer on something larger as the transitions can be a bit bolder. Lots still to do though, defining areas and making the shadows and highlights deeper and bolder.. Biggest problem with guys who are 98% gold is making them look interesting from a little further away IMHO.

21743627_10154797376121406_2029984695322

That is an stunning gold scheme you have going on for your Custodes!

I also have to chime in and say your skills are sublime! I still remember years ago you giving me pointers when I tried Astral Claws and you had your Fire Angels (which are awesome!). I wish I paid better attention because nothing I paint can even hold a light anywhere near your minis. In all sincerity they are pure joy to look upon.

That is an stunning gold scheme you have going on for your Custodes!

I also have to chime in and say your skills are sublime! I still remember years ago you giving me pointers when I tried Astral Claws and you had your Fire Angels (which are awesome!). I wish I paid better attention because nothing I paint can even hold a light anywhere near your minis. In all sincerity they are pure joy to look upon.

Hey if people listened to me maybe my grimy ass painting style would be more popular and i'd do better in competitions.. spread the word! haha.

Been working on a few more bits and bobs for the gold dudes.. wanted to see how easily everything translated to the tanks.. plus the basics of the scheme are pretty quick to do so are a productive distraction from actually finishing any of the other stuff...

21762635_10154801635651406_2069664994856

21753124_10154801635706406_7205665528796

21731681_10154801635891406_3748866728450

still some contrast to be added to define some of the transitions but the scheme seems to work on larger stuff like the brick of a transport so its all good.. i want to recreate the more vivid red on the infantry which will be fun as i can just lazily airbrush it on over a preshaded base.. so that will require a bit more effort.. might just do it on the sword and board guys (and termies when i get round to building the whole squad) leave the spear guys gold and do the hetaron(?) guard with black pads for a bit of squad designation and to make it all far far easier to finish

I appreciate that man but you should aim higher than my stuff! :wink: consistent Golden Daemon failure isn't a level to aspire to haha! Looking back on my own stuff is quite interesting.. so much stuff that at the time i thought was pretty damn good that nowadays I look at and think "yeesh I used to suck" just gotta keep pushing forwards I guess and try to push our limits.

Not to kiss your arse too much, but i fail to see why you don't place!

Ive seen some GD winners in the flesh, and while I've only seen yours in pictures, i think you're definitely hitting the mark. You're one of my top 10 favourite hobbyists on this site when i want to ogle amazing models. I wouldn't stress over not winning GD competitions...

I appreciate that man, I have some stuff in the works that will get me finalist next time(this is the real sticking point for me.. but i wont get ranty) something for 40k (and a bit of a return to badab) and some 30k stuff for next years heresy GD if i can finalise my ideas for it

• 2 weeks later...
One death shroud arm one blightlord(?) arm and some green stuff, i wouldve used 2 shroud arms but the half cloak required resvulpting as it didnt fit.. and halfway through that i felt it didnt suit typhus anyway

Nice! I like your pose because it is reminiscent of the previous one. I'll probably wait awhile and buy the bits when they are more readily available online.

I've seen GuitaRasmus's conversion and liked seeing the pose fixed but seeing Typhus like this is heartwarming...or gut wrenching, whatever Nurglites feel when very happy.

• 2 weeks later...

22491918_10154876585131406_7586802872073

Bit more plague on the go.. Despite being disappointed with the kits as a whole i wanted some "late heresy/imperial palace" death guard and figured a small 40k army so that i can judge 8th ed properly (then continue playing 30k lets face it.) wouldn't be too much of a bad idea.

Edited by Lorenzen

Done some more work on the plague marine.. Once he's done and I've got the overall scheme for the army figured out (tentacles, fleshy bits & all the stuff that isn't in the heresy version) I'll be cracking on with the rest of the squads.

22549941_10154882608246406_4358223977241

Looking good. Well done on the weathering. They are some pretty detailed models and I’ve seen a lot of the detail get lost when people weather them but yours are spot-on.

I’m stoked that the army translates so well to 30K too. I look forward to seeing a lot of Siege Death Guard turning up in the Heresy community.

• 3 months later...

Been a while...

I'll have to look into why a load of the pictures are showing as broken links.. but i've been doing a few bits and pieces here and there between life.

27973552_10155140345621406_3369109904963

26168137_10155039618841406_5235171444863

25508216_10155014990266406_4257009081017

messing with a scheme for my orlock gang, pretty happy with the results so far.. few bits that will need tidying up and the guns still need doing but he's on his way to being done, the thousand son is the start of a 4000 point army I need to get done, he's a little further along than the picture but i need to charge my camera so thats all you're getting of him for now!

the last picture for those of you who remember back to the days of the fire angels is going to be a reimagining of my captain, heavily converted and possibly a golden demon entry down the line. Got a few other things lined up.. a model that I'm not going to show until its 99% done and the culln leviathan will be in the works before long too.

I'll have to look into why a load of the pictures are showing as broken links.. but i've been doing a few bits and pieces here and there between life.

It looks like you're linking from Facebook, which doesn't have permalinks for images (I assume) for security reasons. That's probably the reason.

Orlock looks good, as does the Fire Angel Captain. The armor on the 1ksons praetor looks a bit off, though. Can't put my finger on why.