Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Ishagu, on 14 Oct 2013 - 22:57, said:

I bough the dark heresy role play book....

I've been tempted myself, but I haven't played RPG stuff for decades (despite getting the Firefly/Serenity RPG - no fether that knows about the series wants to play it, so I flick through the pages and imagine that I'll one day have enough money to give FOX an offer they cannot refuse...)
Nathan Fillion already tried to buy the franchise and fox laughed at him (not literally) and said its not theirs to sell its Joss Whedons and he has no intentions of picking it back up anytime in the near future (what with his Marvel deal etc).

Although if we can raise enough money maybe we can buy it from him?

Edit: today in the hobby i started planning some models based on my fiction, rounded up my foam sheeting and pricing big cans of white paint for said foam. All whilst driving my "gf" to a 3d ultrasound.

Edited by Wulf Vengis

As for you Zin, clearly you let the witch-kin distort your reasoning. I'm afraid he'll have to be put down, and you'll have to be neutered. You can opt just to be put down too instead, if you repent. :biggrin.:

It shattered one of my tactical marines this morning. And I was happy with that pose too. Yes. In fact, you can borrow my flamer if you want. Make sure it suffers please. I'll ready my penance crusade meanwhile.

Today in the hobby, I finally found a way to paint reasonable-looking white helmets. I also glued a tactical marine back together.

Today... well, yesterday in the hobby I played a 2000 point game against Space Wolves and won. Nearly tabled him as well, all he had left was a Lone Wolf and a Drop Pod.

Dragonlover

"And the best thing, the very best thing of all, is there's time now... there's all the time I need and all the time I want. Time, time, time. There's time enough at last."

++Drops glasses which break. Slowly lifts them...+++

"That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was, was all the time I needed..."

Today in the hobby I...

...went to the local hobby store to pick out a birthday present for myself which my friend paid for as his amazon order was cancelled- a nice hobby related outing sandwiched between birthday lunch and dinner! 

Now I'm gonna settle in and comment on some B&C threads!

Edited by The_Chaplain

You mean paint their helmets white/red/whatever stands out and call it amazing?  Not that I'd ever do anything like that :whistling:.

that will be later, for now I just fied the SGT to have a bolter in one hand instead of a bolt pistol and used some of the bits from a buddies chaos space marine sprues to pimp them out a little. Mostly guns in holsters and pouches and the like.

a nice hobby related outing sandwiched between birthday lunch and dinner!

CAKE FOR THE CAKE GOD!

...hm.

Today in the hobby, I realized that if Chaos had a Cake God I would never have painted my first loyalist, and would be chillin' in the Warp right this moment with Gabriel Iglesias. :smile.:

Edited by Firepower

a nice hobby related outing sandwiched between birthday lunch and dinner!

CAKE FOR THE CAKE GOD!

...hm.

Today in the hobby, I realized that if Chaos had a Cake God I would never have painted my first loyalist, and would be chillin' in the Warp right this moment with Gabriel Iglesias. :smile.:

Isn't he the Primarch of the Fluffy Marines?

Today in the hobby I decided I will attempt to fully paint a land raider crusader, including the inside details, and not glue the door shut.

Today in the hobby I...

started converting death company "X" parts (shoulderpads, backpacks, arms, etc) into crusade chevron surfaces for inclusion in the motivational crusade in the BT forum.

I also primed and started painting the engines on the stormraven I have, but some of the paint has mysteriously started to flake off.  I wish this had occurred sooner in the process rather than at paint/wash stage #9... hopefully it's a simple fix.  Here's to hoping the end result will be worth the effort!

(A productive day considering half of it was spent doing yard/housework)

Edited by The_Chaplain

Today in the hobby, after a lot of faffing about (due to the UK postal service being useless rather than the eBay vendor), I received 15 Marines, one of which is a Mark VIII, something I've never had before. I don't know what glue he's used to stick them together with, but Feth, they should use it to hold bridges together! :laugh.: There are a fair few mold lines paint stripping and other things to correct before I start on them, but for £7 including the postage, it's quite worth it! :happy.: