Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Hello

Played 2k last night. My C:IA v Ultramarines. The Ultra player has a lot of backfield gunline-type units, including the Librarius formation, two squads of devastators and some centurions. He also has about three times as much scenery as me to hide behind. I have seven assassins plus 1k of inquisition/astropath/priest bods (including Coteaz and Cypher) in a single unit with my trademark space monkeys.

Turns out we are playing Malestrom 4.

I deploy my big unit behind a pathetic scrap of cover and sneak my assassins on in infiltration, failing to Seize the Initiative twice. In his first turn my opponent manages to shoot both my Calliduses to death. Argh.

As the game progresses I find out about the psychic power that allows you to ignore cover and shoot at targets you can't see, being cast twice on 2+ with re-rolls. He only Perils twice, one of which he gets super-powers from. By comparison, 3/5 turns I roll 1 for the number of Warp Charges I get. I wish I was making this up.

Neither of my Eversors manages to get anywhere near the opposition despite their (theoretical) super-long charge range.

During one turn my opponent manages to assassinate my Culexus through shooting. Almost all of the the other assassins are killed through S8 guns, the exceptions being a single Vindicaire who is naturally charged by a dread. My 1000 points of assassins managed to take a single hull point from it. That's all they achieved in the entire game. Sigh.

My space monkeys get me two victory points by shooting up a devastator squad with a librarian attached. They fail their morale check (despite Sicarius, hiding in a Land Raider, giving them Leadership 10). This is my first successful destruction of an enemy unit. I believe it's in my turn 4.

Eventually my surviving inquisitorial dudes get charged - in turn 5 - by a couple of units. The tactical squad enjoys the rending heavy flamers and falls over. The centurions make their charge, and one manages to survive into my turn five, preventing me from the hope of any success of getting more vengeance.

In the end it was something like 5-15.

Edited by Brother Sefiel

Tith i feel rather overwhelmed with the statue of my hobby room. .. it's become a junk room because of renovations...

Edit...

Aaaaaand... I just pulled out all my brettonians and my brother's orcs.... I am my own worst enemy....

And it looks like I need over 60 small square slotted bases... uhhhggg.

Edited by Canadian_F_H

Working on commissions: SW, skitarii and seraphon. Assembling my own Thousand Sons: Rubrics, Tzaangors, Scarab Occult and some more sorcerers. Caught up with 2016 BL advent HH quick reads last night. Started reading Carcharadons novel. *whew*

Today I ordered quite a few Made-to-order models and other various things (in separate orders, of course.) So looking forward to all of that. Also picked up the Cataphractii Apothecary, despite how much I might dislike it.

... I need to tidy up my hobby space too. But too tired for that today.

Tith I pondered all day about admech color schemes. ..

The color of Gordon freeman's hazard suit comes to mind. .. with black Mesa logos and encircled Lambdas...

Also with the admech historically misunderstanding ancient warnings (hazard stripes on weapons because it makes them more dangerous is a thing) Why haven't we seen the Ionizing Radiation Trefoil more? That would be a fun army to see with fluorescent hazard warning colors in their scheme. ..

TITH I went to a New Years party and left with a box of Firewarriors.  I guess I got another killteam coming.  Maybe a Gue'la conversion?

Either way it was 3 am and besides working my way through most of a pack of Black Butte I couldn't fall asleep so I grabbed a book from my pile of currently unread literature.  Salamander by Nick Kyme.  Got part way through and felt absolute need to sit at my hobby desk and dig through my bits box.

The result

http://i.imgur.com/awUKqKo.jpg

a search for the oldest boltgun examples I could find and some Corvus pattern armor.  Maybe another PA killteam to boot?  Oh and I have those 5 Sallies pad FW accidentally sent with my Night Lords order a few years ago too...

Today in the hobby I started working on my Cataphractii Terminators for my variant 30K Iron Hands force. I may have been a little careless on my first pass with Nuln Oil and let it pool a bit, but nothing some careful blade work couldn't ameliorate.

Tith I started sorting all my wfb stuff.... turns out I accidentally have more wfb orcs and gobs than I do 40k templars...

Literaly got them all for free....

But I missing about 60 small slottabase bases!

On a 40k level... I can't get to anything due to these pesky feudal world xenos!