Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

@DSS7 - Once again ... Nyyyoooooooo!   Look man, just paint a Land Raider for the ETL and your soul will be purified in whatever way you feel is appropriate.

It's all good :yes:

You can dooo eeeet!

Out of the ten Astartes from the squad I'm working on now, two are finished: the sergeant and a legionary with a flamer. Another two really only need to be based. The other six are in pieces, but have received the first of three Nuln Oil washes.

Picked up my first mini to paint in the new home. I always liked the Chaos Terminator Lord kit, so I'm starting out with him. If he's fun, I see myself starting up Chaos as my new army. My new desk arrives in the mail tomorrow, so I just need to pick up some Krylon to prime him with after I get all set up. Let the hobby begin anew!

Okay so this was a few days ago but... I picked up some Tartaros terminators for a good price from everybody's favourite auction site. As for today, well, I finished putting them together today. Now I gotta paint 'em. ^_^

YITHI continued work on my Chaos Coven warband for Inquismunda by picking up a box each of Marauders, Cadian Command, and Genestealer Cultists. This latter box really gives me old-school Necromunda thrills with the plethora of autoguns and shotguns in there. As an aside, I really do wish GW would stop making arms and torsos be so unique these days, I can't even stick any kind of arms on something like a Skitarii torso unless they're Skitarii arms, which put a real damper on my plan for hot-shot lasgun wielding Tech-Guard for an Explorator band.

Finally managed to complete assembling a 10 man Grey Slayer pack. In the process I managed to damage a load of Bolters (really need a tack for a pilot hole) but fortunately I've still got over 40 B@C Bolters and some of those guys are going to get those nice Seeker Bolters.

Once the glue is nice and dry time to go over then for any remaining mold lines and onto trying to paint them.

Continued work on my SW:A Chaos force, trying to create/magnetize ten marines and ten cultists, so I can have a variety of weapon options for when the LGS has their game night for SW.

TITHI Picked up my reserved copy of shadow wars Armageddon and spotted that the local (Chichester, West Sussex in the UK, for those of you who are nearby and didn't get a copy) toy shop has still got a few left in the window, also picked up another box of paladins making two ten man strong squads i can field and I've almost finished painting grand master voldus

Today in the Hobby I (like many others) picked up my copy of Shadow Wars: Armageddon.

And I also finished up my Space Wolf sniper scouts (I still need one more from the new kits)

WolfScoutsBack1a

WolfScoutsFront1a

The camo pattern is intended for night/winter use and was inspired by Cold War-era East German camo patterns.

This Morning in the Hobby:

Finally found my pin vice!  Just when i was about to order a new one.

Got a chance to go through all the hobby stuff that's been in storage since our move (a year ago now :facepalm: ) and found the sucker hiding from me.  Now I can drill out some gun barrels next 'hobby hour' / kids nap time.

Got a big freelance gig on Friday so no time for terrain DIY this weekend as I have to make a presentation for Monday am.  yay work. :ermm:

TITH I experimented with company shoulder pad trim on some mkiii's. I decided on an all-around company color trim for the sarge and just the lower bits on the regular troopers, with leadbelcher upper parts (the raised bits with rivets).

Also completely ripped out the remaining good bristles on a citadel fine detail brush, but can now use it much more effectively for shoulder trim and the like-I don't have to worry about stray blobs of paint going in places I don't want (like backpack vents...grrr.) but can still get a surprising amount of paint from pot to model with the brush. Much better control of where the paint goes. May keep the thing after I get a new one just for the novelty of it.

TITH I put the dremel to the resin parts of my MkII Land Raider. You know, cleaning off the flash and checking for fit. I'm dreaming this will be easy come the ETL.

Next up, the OTHER Land Raider to cut off the sprue ...

TITHI went through a case of unpainted stuff to inventory it in preparation for the ETL. Looks like I'm crossing​ '3000 point vow' off my bucket list this year, cause there was way more in there than I expected.

Dragonlover