Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the Hobby, I started on my second Kill Team Squad for SW:A.  I may have to rething what chapter, though, as Wolves can't take Novitiate Scouts, so recruitment will be an issue.

TITHI.... finished my first painting project in over 4 years - the bases for the line infantry of my XIII legion force.  Only 6 more 40mm sector imperialis bases to do  for the force then I'll have all the bases I need*

*for now. 

Hey

So today I found some more auspexes, and painted them for attaching to leader types not armed with guns. I thought I'd check through and found one of the characters that I'd put one on had lost his. Grrr.

Looking through more I noticed a bunch of Deathwatch squad leaders had them unnecessarily, so detached several from them. When I discovered the last guy I realised that I'd stuck the character's auspex to him - while, yep, you guessed it, there was one on the other side of his backpack too. No one would be sneaking up on him in a hurry!

Well, they can now, because he's given them both to officers...

Also found that I've finally given sidearms to every model allowed to carry them by the rules - but part of me thinks that 8th may allow you to give all marines bolters, chainswords and close combat weapons...

TITHI spent a good twenty minutes working on taking off a heavy stubber's barrel to mount on a scout's Heavy Bolter, and managed to make it look semi-decent. Then I realised that the arms for that heavy bolter don't fit the FW Renegade Militia torsos or GW's Cadian torsos. :dry.:

Also had to give up on finding one of those miltia torsos I'd converted into carrying a flamer since it's not on my desk and it's not under it either. On the bright side, I finally found the other kneecap plate for my Contemptor. The Emperor giveth, the Emperor taketh.

TDITH I used celestial grey to edge highlighting the black on my terminators. It was my first attempt to highlight black, and though I need some more practice to master the skill, the terminators look better with it. Unfortunately, I didn't get to highlight with the gray as much as I hoped, because the particular terminators I was painting happen to have an abundance of gold trim, along with chains, hooks, spikes, skulls, arrows, and more spikes. Death to the False Emperor.

Today in the hobby I.... stared at an old and forgotten Aspiring Champion that I'd promised to paint for a friend (in my defense he did say no deadlines!)

*picks up old and dusty brush*

What does this thing do?

TITH I warned a fellow Frater on the error of his ways.

Brother Nihm - calmly and gently, put it down.  No body needs to get hurt.  We all know you are a good person.  Think of the children!

Otherwise, I cleaned up parts and used glue on a Land Raider Mk II ^_^

I bought yet another hellrain brigade box, and primed the following: Contemptor dreadnought, bike captain, 5 tartaros terminators, and ironclad dreadnought, 3 centurion, two taurox primes, and 25 scion models.

tith i didn't paint. nor did i assemble models. nor did i print or make 3d models.

instead i looked at the batch of land raiders i just finished as i was boxing them up and noticed that before edge highlighting they were flat, drab, nondescript yellow bricks.

now with a edge highlighting the overall effect somehow lifted the entire shade of the model. sure, the edges were sharper but the colour of the previously dull panels seemed lifted as well.

having recently been looking at vids about combining colours to create other colours (green pixels next to red pixel creates yellow etc) it was already on my mind.

so today in the hobby i watched all the stuff out the train window studying edges.

TiTH

Fixed a broken arm on a mini only to immediately drop it afterwards and break it again.  :unsure.:

In a different place :facepalm:

Yes I am having one of those days.

I was finally able to retrieve my paints from the attic and created a inventory spreadsheet, with in hand, on order and need columns.  

Decided that my poor Lost Patrol Scouts have such horribly rotten luck that they must be Lamenters  and not Blood Angels.  

It'll be my first non-Dark Angel loyalist experience and looking forward practicing some freehand.

Painted the first tactical marine from an armored assault box. I'm feeling the allure of Codex: Space Marines again and decided to do Knights of Gryphonne. The orange is definitely a unique look... the larger kits would look particularly interesting. 

After months of being away from 40k miniatures I needed a break from the usual minis I paint so I grabbed up whatever Space Wolves i have including bitz and started painting them. Gonna use the bitz to bling the MK 4 armour I have a bit.

Edited by Kriegsmacht

Was driving to the grocery store when my wife said, "Look, Warhammer." She was talking about a new store. Naturally I didn't believe her so I turned around. Sure enough, the sign said Warhammer and the GW site confirms it.

Oh and she pointed it out again by saying Warhammer while gesturing towards the Ultramarine poster in the window...

TITH painting some Salamanders.  Gotta say if you had told me a few weeks ago I'd be using Leadbelcher as my basecoat I'd have laughed.  But I gotta say I kinda like how they've come out.

The five stages of me painting Salamanders armor.

TITH I went to my local store with the intention to pick up SW:A, since I ordered it some time ago. Sadly they didn't manage to get any boxes, disappointed me more than I thought it would. I bought a Start Collecting of the Scions anyway, might as well prepare a team for when the rulebook is up for pre-order.

The owner of my local game store called me aside and, knowing I was the only Sisters of Battle player in the area, showed me three blisters each with a Multimelta Sister and offered them to me for $8 each. I now have three new SoB miniatures drying their prime coats. :)

TITHI Finished doing the third layer of gold on Roboutte now it's just washes, details and filling in the blue where i messed up (sadly this is a lot of bits) also base coated some more paladins (2 hammers, 2 incinerators, 2 psycannons, banner, apothecary, stave, 2 halberds and 4 falchions) soon it will be on to magnetization and bits shopping to get some more heavy weapons

NITHI Shall start work on the sword and board custodes contemptor i picked up a while ago