Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I...

...converted a mk7 shoulderpad into a mk 4/5/6 pad by removing the trim, sanding and surfacing it; finished replacing the broken feather tips on my chaplain dreadnought and did the first layer of sarcophagus resurfacing, went to the store for plasticard tube; took a detour with a friend and read the new Codex: Imperial Knights and gawked at the nifty artbook for it, came home; pinned and scratchbuilt connectors to fix the dreads broken legs (gonna repose them so he's walking rather than being stationary tomorrow I think), replaced a biker chaplain arm, added a mk8 gorget to said chaplain, and lastly hollowed out a shoulderpad for the same chaplain.

Got a pretty vigorous workout at the gym in too today- it's been a good day. 

Edited by The_Chaplain

Today in the hobby I started putting together all the Chaos Marines for the army I wanted to start back in 4th. And by "started putting together" I mean I spent 4 hours removing mould lines from legs and torsos and glued the legs to bases. I plan to have them built by Saturday, so I can surprise my gaming group.

Today in the hobby, I have decided to make my first ForgeWorld order. A Contemptor Dreadnought (with a couple of arm options) to represent my main army's original Chapter Master, Candidus He who illuminates. Just waiting a few hours for this months pay to clear in the bank... :dry.:

Today in the hobby, I have decided to make my first ForgeWorld order. A Contemptor Dreadnought (with a couple of arm options) to represent my main army's original Chapter Master, Candidus He who illuminates. Just waiting a few hours for this months pay to clear in the bank... <_<

Welcome to the ship and the crew ;)

Today in the hobby I continued to work on painting  my Ultramarine Fifth company devastor squads and tactical squads and second company devastor squad weapons:

painted eyes on 12 helmets and other details

painted some bolters gunmetal and shoulder pads first coat of blue

repainted 4 las cannons to black scheme from red scheme for second company

repainted 3 missle launchers to black scheme from red scheme for second company

prepped new plastic heavy bolter and plasma cannon weapons so I can paint them black tomorrow will be for second company

I am almost done with 70 space marines I need for the Fifth UM company.   Trying to decide to do command squad or start building the assault squads for it.    Also do i start repainting my UM second company tactical squads to the newer dark blue and gold scheme or start work on painting the UM fourth company as I assembled about 30 tactical marines for that  group so far.    In total I am planning to do 4 UM companies in next 6 months ( First company 70 figures, Second company 97 figures, Fourth company 97 figures, and Fifth company 107 figures) i already have built about 30 vechicles for the UM but have to do all the pinting after I do at least one full company of marines.  

My wife thinks i am nuts.  VBG      :teehee:

Today in the hobby, I have decided to make my first ForgeWorld order. A Contemptor Dreadnought (with a couple of arm options) to represent my main army's original Chapter Master, Candidus He who illuminates. Just waiting a few hours for this months pay to clear in the bank... :dry.:

Welcome to the ship and the crew :wink:

I'm not there yet, as I previously said, he'll be for 40k. However, if I enjoy the experience of using resin miniatures, then who knows...

On topic, I've also decided to magnetise him to use said various arm options (another first for me as all of my other minis excepting the Dreads are static - no other weapon options for them), and I'm delving into using magic mold(?) stuff for custom Chapter symbols etc :smile.:

Today in the hobby... I finished prep on my tactical squad of dark angels from DV.  Primer/Paint coming soon!

*And Balthazar and Turmiel

Edited by JGeils81

Today in hobby I painted some bolt guns, arms, and shoulder pads.   Painted the eye lens on 20 plus helmets for my next 2 squads.  Also painted 9 helmetless heads  base coat and glued about 14 shoulder pads onto part of a squad for my Ultra marine Fifth company.   Also used Vallejo Liquid Gold line to paint the edge on a some shoulder pads for my UM Second company figures.    I love their Liquid Gold product.   Using #92 Old Gold for decoration on all chest plates and on weapons.    Really like the way they look.    Maybe  in a while i will paint the parts on helmets and weapons I do with Leadbelcher ( gun metal).      

Today (last night) in the hobby I stabbed myself in the thumb (again) while trying to make a small guide hole in a bolter barrel for my hobby drill. Also gave my parents a heart attack.... there was a lot of blood.

Top tip kids, don't stab yourselves. It hurts like :censored: .