Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I....decided to push my skills beyond their limit.  16 years ago I studied electronics at GCSE....so I'm going to use some of that knowledge (yeah, like I remember anything at all!) to put LED lights in my Knight Titan.

The plan is to have red eyes, red/orange thermal cannon and blue in the battle cannon.....because I want to magnetise the right arm.

So, I'll either be having 2 sets of switchable LEDs in the gun base or doing something with a hot-swap......need to get on the tinterweb me thinks

@Marv, I have seen some threads for adding lights and I think you should do it for sure. Doesn't even look all that hard. I'd like to at least consider it for my interior if I ever get around to detailing it. I think I might be able to fit the batteries right in the body?

@Marv, I have seen some threads for adding lights and I think you should do it for sure. Doesn't even look all that hard. I'd like to at least consider it for my interior if I ever get around to detailing it. I think I might be able to fit the batteries right in the body?

should be able to make them fit....depends on what type of batteries you use.  I need to get some time first to plan it out.  Roll on summer haha

Today in the hobby, the replacement Conversion Beamer and Dread bases arrived, so I can get cracking on Candidus when I next have a day off (which is about a week away :sad.: ) I'm also waiting for some metal minis :wub.: for a non B+C supported army, but the less said about that, the better :ph34r.::laugh.:

Today in the hobby worked on my RW librarian.Got good new from two Doctors wrist will be bandaged up for 4wks and the cardiologist said no rib cracking. so I'm going to buy myself a Knight.

Good hear :smile.: I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of your Rainbows :happy.:

Today I finished my custom Cypher minus a sword. Need to find a suitable one. Not happy with how the lower robes came out. Might redo it. I also restocked on a lot of paints. I almost caved and got both chaos supplements ha. They're so pretty.

Today I broke my "death to all models" cloud and got my new HQ to a point where I can start detailing him. I felt the Captain model I had made wasn't fitting the aesthetics of the rest of my force so I stripped him, pulled him apart and rebuilt him from the feet up because I had the technology*

*bits laying about. 

Today in the hobby worked on my

RW librarian.Got good new from two Doctors wrist will be bandaged up for

4wks and the cardiologist said no rib cracking. so I'm going to buy

myself a Knight.

I'm really happy to hear that. Avoiding surgery is like making your 5+ Adamantium Will rolls to me. :)

Tonight in the hobby... I got a first coat of the grey done on the Wall of Martyrs defence lines. No pics as of yet, but I did find my digital camera, so I hope to get some nicer ones up soon.

Today in the hobby I for the first time, after having spent two years looking down on the veterans complaining about having too many armies or miniatures...have realized I to am on the downward spiral towards starting way more armies than I have time to enjoy or paint...just means I need to play and paint more I guess. :P

Today my fellow brothers I received some parts I bought on Ebay to add some missle launchers for my squads in another Ultra Marine company.   Also bought another Command squad.   I was out most of day so did no building or painting.   Right now i have about 100 marines on my desk ready for the next step ( doing a black wash on each figure).    Then i will decide if i will do highlights or just do the Altdorf gaurd blue on the main armor panels.   Did not like the way the power sworda came out the other day  and will have to redo them ( sargeant and Command Squad).   My wife keeps asking me if i am selling any of the troops.  i told her no.    I can not wait when she sees  the full company on the dining room table.   :smile.:   Hopefully she takes a good photo for me.   

Edited by Redrandy93