Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

Believe me. If you've ever seen the full vid of this lady dancing to Crazy in Love you will know the awesome power of laughter to make you feel good. And that oblit of yours is truly amazing.

oki i belive you, and thanks

Awesome work dude, as for the thigh plates, maybe just attach them to the top of his thigh plates instead of at his hip. I think that area could use some bulk to balance the model.

i looked it over, and despite the fact that i had hoped i was done sculpting and mouldmakeing, i already started on new "hip" plates that can be attacked to the top of the thighs.

Glad we're on the same wavelength.

made the hip plates curring now, so should be ready tomorrow morning.

Wow them oblits are AWESOME

thanks alot mate

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/8CE7699C-3530-4EC3-ACCC-2ADBC898D493.jpghttp://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/78535816-3108-4E01-902D-DDAED65C6426.jpg

This two pictures right here kind of emphasize the area I feel is too small for the rest of the bulky model. He does look amazing but I think the thighs are too small, maybe if they were a bit bulkier the hips would be fine. Hope it helps man. Will be awesome to see some paint on these guys once they're done.

will try ang get them finished for basecoat tomorrow, but after that i have 4 havocs on prio for painting

now THATS an obliterator :tu:

if i were to make one change i would lose the head on the plasma and use the teeth idea you have on the side plasmas as i feel it overbalances against the meltas ,but thats just my take

again excelant job:tu:

thanks, i kinda like the head had the idea for it a loooong while and happy to finnaly use it, but if i make another plasma cannon i might just try it your way too.

and here a sneak peek at oblit number two

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/12482572-BFCC-4E81-9857-E7441C3DBD4B.jpg

Edited by thamier

Again, absolutely amazing! The weapon arms on the first model are just massive! And I love both the pose and head on the new guy: That chaos start seared into the faceplate is screaming for an OSL effect, you know! ;)

I also like how the smaller shoulder pads to the sides of the head seem to be recalling the Helbrute design.

Marvelous work! My only regret is that these won't be painted in the glorious red and bronze of the XII legion ;)

Again, absolutely amazing! The weapon arms on the first model are just massive! And I love both the pose and head on the new guy: That chaos start seared into the faceplate is screaming for an OSL effect, you know! ;)

I also like how the smaller shoulder pads to the sides of the head seem to be recalling the Helbrute design.

Marvelous work! My only regret is that these won't be painted in the glorious red and bronze of the XII legion ;)

thanks, and you and i think alike in many ways i noticed, will deffently try my hand at osl on the faces and weapons and shoulder markings.

finished both today, and the relif of finaly being done with the consrant sculpt- wait-sculpt-wait-sculpt-wait-imsta mould- waiting some more.

Is very nice, the been basecoated, and will paint them up right after the havocs.

so hopefully soon ill be able to show them in full glory of chaosness.

:)

The only thing I don't like about the first Obliterator (and trust me, this is a minor quibble) is the 'This is my melta arm. This is my plasma arm.' vibe. I prefer what you've done with the second one, where there's more of a mix of weapons, but that is purely personal preference. If you end up casting and selling these, I'll be on the list somewhere.

Dragonlover

The only thing I don't like about the first Obliterator (and trust me, this is a minor quibble) is the 'This is my melta arm. This is my plasma arm.' vibe. I prefer what you've done with the second one, where there's more of a mix of weapons, but that is purely personal preference. If you end up casting and selling these, I'll be on the list somewhere.

Dragonlover

when i started i planned on adding more weapons but it seem too much, so ended up with plasma and melta, thought it be fitting to have the big one toghter with the small twin linked

but very glad to hear you like them anyway :)

thanks, i kinda like the head had the idea for it a loooong while and happy to finnaly use it, but if i make another plasma cannon i might just try it your way too.

and here a sneak peek at oblit number two

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/12482572-BFCC-4E81-9857-E7441C3DBD4B.jpg

fair play sir it is your model 

second guy is looking cool ,it reminds me of a screaming hulk pose (and me like hulk:thumbsup: )

you can imagine him screaming behind the mask in that pose

good work:thumbsup:

*Subtle smiles and nods approvingly*  Yes... yes... let the anger... flow... power your will... with hate! Make all of your visions real!

I might not have the time to lurk and/or comment nearly as much as I would like, but rest assured you've got some wonderful things cooking here. Your ambition has been there from the beginning, but your technique just keeps getting better-and-better. I'm glad to see you stuck with it and are seeing it through. So many times I've seen the start of promising things just fade away; I'm glad this thread wasn't one of them. The Obliterates are such a deserving subject, and you're taking them where they should go. No doubt.

and here a sneak peek at oblit number twohttp://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/12482572-BFCC-4E81-9857-E7441C3DBD4B.jpg

fair play sir it is your model 

second guy is looking cool ,it reminds me of a screaming hulk pose (and me like hulk:tu: )

you can imagine him screaming behind the mask in that pose

good work:tu:

funny you should say that, sadly the mini nor the picture have build in sound, but you are just gonna have to imagine the creature, that once was a proud space marine, before the demon inside corruptet it and its armour.

Seeing its fie in the distance and lets out a inhuman ROAR! of pure burning hatered over its voxgrill, promicing that soon, it will unleach all of its terrible weapons and obliterate them all...

*Subtle smiles and nods approvingly*  Yes... yes... let the anger... flow... power your will... with hate! Make all of your visions real!

I might not have the time to lurk and/or comment nearly as much as I would like, but rest assured you've got some wonderful things cooking here. Your ambition has been there from the beginning, but your technique just keeps getting better-and-better. I'm glad to see you stuck with it and are seeing it through. So many times I've seen the start of promising things just fade away; I'm glad this thread wasn't one of them. The Obliterates are such a deserving subject, and you're taking them where they should go. No doubt.

good to see you lurking here, feel free to lurk and comment as much as you want and can subtle, and rember ill need some chaos tracks for my baneblade project in the future ;)

update time, been working hard on my havocs, and soon the oblits will be up for painting.

been thinking alot about how to paint better and score some needed oainting points at the fantasia fanatic im signed up for.

3 weeks to get everything ready, tested my list 4 matches lost 3 of them hehe so much for my tatical genius..

anyways talked to others about my painting skills beentrying to het some pointers.

and what they told me is that one: im too careful, need bolder highlights, my paint sceme is very non exciting in just earth tones brown grey black.

so tryed to go a bit furter with highligting

two: need to make the models pop, the details are too small and hard to see unless you look closer.

im hoping the green osl im finaly starting too add will tie the theme and look toghter.

all the models will get a overhaul before the turnament, i hope, im a sloooooow painter.

also last time i was told some highlights to the black would have made a load of diffrence, so i been trying my hand at it,

and i find it hard, keep second guessing myself and dont want to over do it ither so the model start to look grey rather than black.

been painting a green tint highlight on the black.

what else what else, hmmm .. um tryed to take some pocs of my havoc but the glare of the lamp is botherimg me cant seem to get a decent picture -_-

here goes

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/1A381904-0435-40C7-B91E-0F5619B4DBDC.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/DE18500C-D61E-4E24-A5A3-8D0A6CA706D4.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/909695F8-B854-42EA-9DE7-36FAEC98C3B3.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/6621A1EA-8A1B-496C-98B2-552F982AD7DE.jpg

really a shame i cant show you guys a better picture, i rather like this one,

the casual one foot on a rockcreet rubbel while he hoses down the enemy with his autocannon and the piles of empty shells at his feet.

and the glare hides the osl's :(

Yeah that picture's kinda hard to tell, bit hard to make out. I have a hard time highlighting black too, but something that helps I've heard is to paint the black with a dark blue or maybe dark green since you're already using green. One thing I think you do really well is metallics, I can never get those down either. :P

Yeah that picture's kinda hard to tell, bit hard to make out. I have a hard time highlighting black too, but something that helps I've heard is to paint the black with a dark blue or maybe dark green since you're already using green. One thing I think you do really well is metallics, I can never get those down either. :P

i know ill have to try and get some better pictures. the green i use for highlight on black is the old rotting flesh colour.

and thanks, tjough never really thought i did anything special with metallics?

Still looking amazing.

As for black, there's a ton of options. You can start with very dark grey or blue. Then shade and highlight. Or start with black and highlight up from there. As for which colour to use for highlighting. Well...almost any really.

This last marine with the reaper autocannon is awesome in its simplicity (compared to other stuff you made - it would not be so simple for me)

Keep going mate - this is an awesome ongoing project!

You do a good job highlighting it is what I mean, with gold for example.

thanks, not sure if i should be worryed since i havent painted ny gold on any of these nor highlighted any gold ;)

This last marine with the reaper autocannon is awesome in its simplicity (compared to other stuff you made - it would not be so simple for me)

Keep going mate - this is an awesome ongoing project!

thanks, they are more simple and yet very personilised anyways, and was almost starting to think you didnt look at this thread anymore :)

The trim color. :rolleyes:

that is brown, cause of my "chapter" use bone trim after they split away from the regular black legion :)

Well it works.

The trim color. :rolleyes:

that is brown, cause of my "chapter" use bone trim after they split away from the regular black legion :)

Goldish Brown? :P

baneblade brown then 50/50 bb brown and screamingskull, after that screaming skull, so maybe not so goldish brown tanith ;)