Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

Getting better and better all the time! At this rate, you'll just have to get these casted in a bigger print run, because everyone will want them -- myself included! :)

The one thing I am not sold on yet is the wrack/grotesque style helmet, because it looks too "faceless" for my taste (and because allowing different heads to be used would make the model adaptable for each chaos god -- just sayin'...).

If you can make the torso look like that last concept sketch, you're guaranteed to find lots of fans here ;)

Getting better and better all the time! At this rate, you'll just have to get these casted in a bigger print run, because everyone will want them -- myself included! :)

The one thing I am not sold on yet is the wrack/grotesque style helmet, because it looks too "faceless" for my taste (and because allowing different heads to be used would make the model adaptable for each chaos god -- just sayin'...).

If you can make the torso look like that last concept sketch, you're guaranteed to find lots of fans here ;)

i plan om using diffrent heads, as is inside its same shape s normal terminator. so plle could use any heads they want.

also thought anout cutting the head off the stubber cultist and use that, or modified chaos knights/ warror heads with hoses attached.

Everybody's going to have different opinions about heads, that's pretty inevitable. I love it and keep up the good work Thamier.

yup, thats a given, can never make everyone happy, but i really apriciate the feedback and sugestions, thanks all of you.

Dude, if you pull off what you've sketched there, I'm probably going to keel over with envy.

hehe, well i am gonna try, you will have to tell me if i succeeded or not, but your stuff is waaaaay more popular than mine.

so you wont have to be envious of anything i do ;)

i am really looking forward to internet explorar working again, i had spell control, plus i misstype ALOT! on my phone here.

had to edit forgot to add pictures -_-

front torso and extra front plating, and cultist awaying decapotation ^^

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/6E645196-9717-4189-94BE-2BE1E20E3D18.jpg

thighs back almost ready for casting

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/2E139665-F9CA-4696-8344-56CDB76C414F.jpg

thighs front missing some rivets

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/06C4E333-FC52-4D6A-9B72-161AB3F7FF08.jpg

the pelvis wip, and slowly started on redoing the trim on the first of the greaves, and for some reason the feet just refuse to cast well, the lots of small flaws on them

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/B450E48A-7B00-4727-B0E3-771761BE624F.jpg

Edited by thamier

Just discovered this thread- very impressive! I am a loyalist by nature, but it would be really something to face your guys across the table!

How much do you let your Green Stuff harden before you sculpt? You get very impressive clean edges, especially on the shoulder pads and greaves.

Just discovered this thread- very impressive! I am a loyalist by nature, but it would be really something to face your guys across the table!

How much do you let your Green Stuff harden before you sculpt? You get very impressive clean edges, especially on the shoulder pads and greaves.

well we will turn you away from the corpse emperor soon enough.

and i noticed that i got you as a new friend, yay i have freinds.

as for playing, i might be fun to play agenst, but im really bad, i have a tendancy to fail 2+ rolls.

Why the bad rolls did you buy the GW nurgle dice :P

that too, but my other dice i had before that i managed on 7 bolter shots to hit roll 6x 1 an 1x 4

just to give you an idea, that and im horrible at building lists

Damn man, you're spitting out updates like you're doing this full-time. Can't wait to see the arms. Are you going for the bio-mechanical oblit look for the arms btw?

well i was being screamed at for updates, had to do something ;)

with the arms i think ill do custom arms to each but casting the main body and shoulderpads when i get that far so jead and arms will be diffrent on them.

im planong on chaning up terminator arms i think and have wires and hoses from the arm to weapons and from the body to the arms, and most likely doing some demonic heads on them, but think it will involve bits instead or pure sculpt.

was too tired last night, but had time to snap a quick picture of the pelvis, trying to make it look like the consept sketch.

and in the back made some more trim on one of the greaves

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/5B5C62D0-BE9A-43C4-882C-F1CD026B33F1.jpg

slow and steady, working on the trim did a bit on the pelvis, started on the back of it.

almost ready with one of the greaves but want alteast 3 diffrent ones.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/19321A82-EAC2-496C-B29D-E9851F8C7D1E.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/F1ED81CE-2047-4231-A86D-197E392B0121.jpg

something completely diffrent, if any of you are good at colouring pictures im looking for someone that could fix my black and white avatar.

also wondering if inshould get a banner, if so who can i bribe to make me one?

You're gonna send a couple of these bad boys to me when you're done, right? :D

will just have to see about that :p

You're gonna send a couple of these bad boys to me when you're done, right? :D

Whoa, not a chance, buddy! I was here first ;)

Seriously, though: Thamier, these are shaping up into something truly spectacular -- as you should have realised by now.

realised what? who were?

Fantastic work so far Thamier, keep up the pace!

thanks, not sure i can keep up this pace for long.

interesting idea ,oblit is shaping up nicely.particularly fond of the chestplate

thanks, will be consentrating on the lower part of the body first, then will do details on the torso once thats sprted.

and really like your avatar, super cool.

@ Thamier: I just wanted to say that you're probably aware from all the positive feedback that you have something special on your hands with your Oblitz conversion. Sorry for not making my point any clearer before ;)

i knew, but as you said there ws soo much positive feedback, it might end up going to my head.

Let me echo the others in saying that this a great project! That chestplate is really impressive - look forward to see the completed mini!

thanks, feeling a bit stressed, and didnt want to reply without a picture, so here is the first finished greave, and the first failed cast of it, redoing the mould, one step forward two steps back.

hoping that i might have finished half a obliterator ready for tomorow night, legs and pelvis cast, really want to start painting one of them.

but want the details to be crisp enough.

edit, forgot to add the picture

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/C628BD58-D84C-46B6-8C66-398655B11ECC.jpg

Edited by thamier

It's strange how this thread is full of awesome stuff, yet it's just now with these oblits that i realised how insanely talanted you are

not sure about talented, but the rest seems about right :)

Let me echo the others in saying that this a great project! That chestplate is really impressive - look forward to see the completed mini!

thanks, feeling a bit stressed, and didnt want to reply without a picture, so here is the first finished greave, and the first failed cast of it, redoing the mould, one step forward two steps back.

hoping that i might have finished half a obliterator ready for tomorow night, legs and pelvis cast, really want to start painting one of them.

but want the details to be crisp enough.

Never feel like you have to provide us with something, or that you've not done enough etc. This is a hobby and you should enjoy it, not get stressed because you've not found the time to do as much as you think is expected of you.

People here (myself included) are just really keen to see it developed. Because of this you'll find posts saying "Show us more! We need another update"  Take it as a compliment rather than a workload. If you've got nothing more to show for the moment, tell people they'll have to wait, you're the one that sets the pace for this project, others will just have to contain their enthusiasm ;)

That's a good start on the mold, can you tell us/show us what you're using and how you're using it, and we may be able to help :)