Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

Yeah I would go the route of slimming the greaves down, less work for you and I would reduce the size of the boots while you're at it. Honestly the "I skipped legs day" look doesn't bother half as much as the clunky cartoonish proportions. Basically If your guy looks like Brock Samson in proportion, you're doing alright.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/brock2004812-03_1092303576.jpg

will slim them down a bit, not too much, cuse i still want it to have the bulk, started out with wanting to equeal the centurions legs, but it kist have plating to shield rhe front, where i more imagined mine to be a mutated terminator/dreadnaught, but think after i removes a bit off the greaves ill wait with redoing trims, doing the base of the other bits first, work more on the torso and the pelvis and hip plates.

Could you maybe sneak in a normal csm in the next pics? I'm trying to get a sense of how big these monsters really are

And i love the fact that you put details under the feet, that's crazy.

sure ill do some more pics , maybe later tonight if i get time to work.

It's coming along great brother I think proportionally it's coming along nice, can't wait for the arms

thanks Jaspcat, the arms will proberly be the last things i build, so might take a while.

I think the size of the legs will really depend on how big their guns are.

Cannot wait to see their weapons, do like a plasma cannon with an underslung auto cannon with belt feed or something or take a cannon of a tank and put it on that beast.

ps, Never skip legs day.

I think the size of the legs will really depend on how big their guns are.

Cannot wait to see their weapons, do like a plasma cannon with an underslung auto cannon with belt feed or something or take a cannon of a tank and put it on that beast.

ps, Never skip legs day.

hmm more to think about, was gonna wait with arms and weapons until last , and already started on redoing the greaves.

okay here we go a greaves update, cut away the trim, then filed it down in size.

so took two and stood next to eachother as a before and after konda, the one foot was a bad cast so the hole to moubt that shin in was a little too small thats why its a little higher up showing the gap between foot and shin.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/51F05614-C5F4-45FB-9CD8-8C4F9CE3C00E.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/B39D3BDA-AD43-4719-8FFD-68C4C9E8E2B3.jpg

okay again i whipped out the poster taq, decapitaeded a wrack and drilled wires intonits head and then sized up one of the oblits with a csm

let me know what you think, i kinda like it.

btw only one of the greaves is the slim one am casting a new one waiting for it to cure.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/1D20FB1A-AA95-44E8-87A7-F27D96F52EE2.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/379CA949-7271-400D-9380-A84D6A3F9741.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/93168E04-8CAA-4A3A-8B18-198EBE46D3DB.jpg

Looks amazing mate! You definitely need to make molds and I'd happily buy some

thanks, maybe i should team up with subtke discord abd his dark works, he is great at making miulds and casting, i only have pressmoulds.

oh wow... these just keep looking better and better... cant wait to see the trim on :P

also yeah, slimming down the greaves really helped alot, they appear more blocky and brutal now, somehow seeming heavier, but in a good way

working on it, and rmthats great, really want them heavy, like the ground would tremble and crack when they walk.

Wow. How did I not see this update? :eek

He looks freakin stellar, man. I love it, especially the choice of using the Wrack head. I cannot wait to see this done.

You should have keept a closer watch on the thread, now shouldent you ;)

and thanks alot, very happy so many approve.

Man that helmet is perfect, you're making me want to try my hand at actual oblits haha.

you should! But on the other hand if you start building then none would want to look at this thread :p

yes!

yes!

yes!

Excacktly! hehe

Wow man he really is looking amazing so far. I'd like to echo AngelAbsolute and say if you made a mould for these guys I would DEFINITELY get some!

thanks, will have too see about the moulds :smile.:

It's actually easier than you think, all you need is some lego, silicone mold and a good idea of how the resin would pour so not to trap air.

Wow man he really is looking amazing so far. I'd like to echo AngelAbsolute and say if you made a mould for these guys I would DEFINITELY get some!

thanks, will have too see about the moulds :)

It's actually easier than you think, all you need is some lego, silicone mold and a good idea of how the resin would pour so not to trap air.

i hve considered it, but my problem is that i dont have any of those things nor anyolace to put the things securely away from cat and girlfriend.

thanks, will have too see about the moulds :smile.:

i hve considered it, but my problem is that i dont have any of those things nor anyolace to put the things securely away from cat and girlfriend.

If you were UK based I'd offer to do it for you. I mean I'm still happy to, but obviously you then have to send overseas, which always carries a risk

MUST HAVE MORE UPDATES! :P

will see if i can do aupdate tonight, ill hirry just for you Tanith Ghost.

thanks, will have too see about the moulds :)

If you were UK based I'd offer to do it for you. I mean I'm still happy to, but obviously you then have to send overseas, which always carries a risk

might take you up on that offer, will have to wait and see.

here a tiny update for those hungry for more, a doodle or two of the pelvis how i imgine it to be with some cables and hip plates, not sure of the size of them yet though.

then the idea dor the torso. was inspired by the hellbrute front pannels with the trim, so added a rugh sketch of it and ofc the wip of the torso front.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/BDA356BA-D3B4-4FD9-93EC-8FC53B752F4D.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/73EDE0BD-D896-43BE-8C22-0A776EC2D3A0.jpg