Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

His painting skills have been apparent since the beginning so it's not hard to see he's talented.

The top half of the first cast doesn't look too bad, bottom looks pretty warped though. :pinch:

thank you, very flatrering, not that sure my oainting is ll that great, but glad you like it :)

Let me echo the others in saying that this a great project! That chestplate is really impressive - look forward to see the completed mini!

thanks, feeling a bit stressed, and didnt want to reply without a picture, so here is the first finished greave, and the first failed cast of it, redoing the mould, one step forward two steps back.

hoping that i might have finished half a obliterator ready for tomorow night, legs and pelvis cast, really want to start painting one of them.

but want the details to be crisp enough.

Never feel like you have to provide us with something, or that you've not done enough etc. This is a hobby and you should enjoy it, not get stressed because you've not found the time to do as much as you think is expected of you.

People here (myself included) are just really keen to see it developed. Because of this you'll find posts saying "Show us more! We need another update"  Take it as a compliment rather than a workload. If you've got nothing more to show for the moment, tell people they'll have to wait, you're the one that sets the pace for this project, others will just have to contain their enthusiasm ;)

That's a good start on the mold, can you tell us/show us what you're using and how you're using it, and we may be able to help :)

i know i shoildent , but cant jelp ot, want to give you guys more to see, and also personally i really want to get the kit dome so ican glue them toghter and paint up a batch.

i been finisging a bit of stuff now two greaves are done, and the pelvis, but not sure if im satisfied with the casting i can get 90% details, but i feel a bit torn, a bit tired of remaking moulds, so not sure if i will kust give in and try to clear up the best casts i gotten.

sleeping too little and really wanting to get ontonpainting them is tempting me to just settle.

i thought that ill show you guys my workspace, but getting a new place orneather new furniture soon.

my work space was a computer table setup, have my paints on the keyboard slidenunderneat, so when i need a paint ill jist pull it out.

But! my cat keept walking up rolling around when i sat painting, and little by little she took it over compeletely, so mow i sit on the matching table next to it, that is really for my computer, put out cardboard to cover the table.

not much roon and since its in the living roon i cant leave anything out or cat will attack/play or eat it.

what else, my sculpting setup, bought some g9 sculpting tools in a fabric pocket, and some silicone brushes from the local arts and crafts store, also bought a silicone mat and cut to smaller bits for the nonstick.

last addition is four home made tools, i got some sewing pins flatened one, and polished it a bit, then have one i just used as is. and two round ones, these really given me a new level of detail fairly easly.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/00554AC7-32FD-499C-AB83-61D128F0281E.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/D5E153E6-828B-4332-B961-7E107CF9ED74.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/092B5D68-D15B-4441-8077-77070980D4D0.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/1B1DF350-A189-445E-90BD-3F6D1BEA4FDA.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/ED45D76E-6F54-4FB7-9346-A87A6885283D.jpg

Haha, cats just take over space don't they. That's a nice little setup you have mate.

I know what you mean about fed up of doing molds, but if you persevere it will pay off. How much was the instamold you bought? I see 149 on there but whats that in?. You can get silicone mold very cheap and it makes great copies.

Or if you want a break get them so your happy with it and I'd be happy to make molds for you?

Haha, cats just take over space don't they. That's a nice little setup you have mate.

I know what you mean about fed up of doing molds, but if you persevere it will pay off. How much was the instamold you bought? I see 149 on there but whats that in?. You can get silicone mold very cheap and it makes great copies.

Or if you want a break get them so your happy with it and I'd be happy to make molds for you?

if i knew you better i might just, but not sure if ill send my prototypes abroad just yet :)

and its 149 swedish crowns.

That's getting more impressive every time I look.

sorry, i cant help it

That's a serious set of sculpting tools! And I'm sat here scraping off symbols with a hobby knife... :geek:

thanks, the g9 set is fairly cheap, but they are all worth it

Well brother, what do I say your talent and popularity has grown immensely and I'm happy your getting the credit you deserve.

I'll always be checking in on you so keep it up :)

thanks jasp, i knew it was you spamming that like button, think i goten 10 likes since i started the oblits.

hoping ill be able to post more pics later today, waiting for the newset updates to cure first ;)

if i knew you better i might just, but not sure if ill send my prototypes abroad just yet :smile.:

and its 149 swedish crowns 

Completely understand, if you like I can give you some tips on mold making?

149 crowns, that's about £14 right? I can set you up with some rtv silicone if you like? It's about that price. Drop me a PM if you're interested and I can stop spamming your thread :)

Nice set up mate!

I just want to state for the record that I noticed Thamier's awesomness way back at his earlist plague marines. I even asked for painting advice and it was gladly given and I thought to myself, what a winner!

So I think people should recieve oblits in the order that we arrived in the thread :yes:

Haha I'm kidding of course, I dont do chaos (this week)

Man I'm allergic to cats, it sucks.

also

Dude, if you pull off what you've sketched there, I'm probably going to keel over with envy.

Thats your karma Heinrich, you and your amazing night lords, just like dan, what did you think would happen?

Do you know how many space marines I have butched trying to attain that level of awesomeness?

alot alright. Alot alot. :teehee:

Really like the oblits thamier, hopefully you'll start a trend, because oblit conversions offer a lot of potential...

Damn you chaos,

I wont do it I tell you!

I'm one of the good guys!

if i knew you better i might just, but not sure if ill send my prototypes abroad just yet :)

and its 149 swedish crowns 

Completely understand, if you like I can give you some tips on mold making?

149 crowns, that's about £14 right? I can set you up with some rtv silicone if you like? It's about that price. Drop me a PM if you're interested and I can stop spamming your thread :)

will do, dont mind the comments in the thread tough, really like the feedback advice and ideas.

Nice set up mate!

I just want to state for the record that I noticed Thamier's awesomness way back at his earlist plague marines. I even asked for painting advice and it was gladly given and I thought to myself, what a winner!

So I think people should recieve oblits in the order that we arrived in the thread :yes:

Haha I'm kidding of course, I dont do chaos (this week)

Man I'm allergic to cats, it sucks.

also

Dude, if you pull off what you've sketched there, I'm probably going to keel over with envy.

Thats your karma Heinrich, you and your amazing night lords, just like dan, what did you think would happen?

Do you know how many space marines I have butched trying to attain that level of awesomeness?

alot alright. Alot alot. :teehee:

Really like the oblits thamier, hopefully you'll start a trend, because oblit conversions offer a lot of potential...

Damn you chaos,

I wont do it I tell you!

I'm one of the good guys!

thanks for all the nice comments, and you should try chaos, just a little.

im allergic to cats too, but its okay :)

and noticed that i gotten a new friend on my list now

been working with the casts, not too happy with them, bit very eager to actialy glue one toghter i cleaned up the least horrible casts and glue it onto a base, too some pictures, the obliterator is slightly higer up cause of the rocks its standing on, tryed raising the centurion a bit with plastic card, but it was too thin.

guess you jist have to imagine the centurion on the same height, and ofc a normal sized chaos plague marine for refrence.

so the obliterator's lower body is casts that i just glued, the torso is the prototype, almost ready for some details, have a bit more work on it before i start to put the trim on, not sure about the wires think ill add those on the side, making orginals bent in shape then casting them.

what else what else, ah yes, my photobucket is conplaining that im nearing my max, so might have to give up having a wip thread if i cant post pictures.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/A0A73CD1-7EE1-4353-9F19-1736C2CD9ACF.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/67DA35E2-A76C-49A4-A8CD-38BA67974683.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/C1421BE5-FC09-41B8-B7FD-A4CA7FDF1A54.jpg

there you go, been really keen on posting a update, but it takes time, and for all i know, you all might have gotten tired of these oblits

I don't think ANYONE on here would be getting tired of these oblit's, they're amazing! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do the arms now.

The casts don't look too bad at all to be fair, considering how you're making them. I'd suggest using this stuff or the local equivelent:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Polycraft-GP-3481-F-RTV-Silicone-Mould-Mold-Making-Rubber-Kit-Shore-A27-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/4LkAAOxyFd1SIIZm/$T2eC16ZHJIcFHNzKI-PIBSIIZmPEEg~~60_12.JPG

I assume you're using the grey stuff you've been modelling with to make the casts? If you use RTV silicone as I posted you'll need to get some polyuruthane plastic to pour into the mold. I use this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Polycraft-SG2000L-500g-Long-Pot-Life-Polyurethane-Liquid-Plastic-Casting-Resin-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/WjIAAOxygPtSzWfc/$_12.JPG

Let me know if I can help.

Finally on the photobucket issue, why not just make a second account?

I like the work you have done thus far. For your Plague Marines did you cut and green stuff the legs to change the pose? If so do you have any tips on how to go about it?

I like the work you have done thus far. For your Plague Marines did you cut and green stuff the legs to change the pose? If so do you have any tips on how to go about it?

thanks, most of them i cut one leg at the hip, then cut the feet free and angled them to fit, and added some greenstuff when needed.

Cut at the joints and try using an exacto to make the grooves. I've done it as well just not quite as well as he did.

excaktly, will try my hand at making a tut on it, miggt be horrible, but we will just have to wait and see.

sadly i dont have any new pictures for you guys, caught a nasty cold that makes me feel more like a plague zombie, that and doing a whole rewamp on the appartment so all my warhammer and tools are currently packed away in boxes.

with the obliterators though, i would really like some ideas on how the shoulder pads and arms should look like, my main ideas whernt that fleshed out when i started so just jumped straight into it, been mulling it over, wondering if i should five the arms hands or just weapons, and what weapons? all of the options? or just some?

any ideas? what do you all think?

thanks

For shoulderpads I'm not sure. The arms I think should have a mix of different weaponry or maybe one heavy weapon that you can't really identify what it is. The old kai guns were a good example of that. For a mix, I'd try to fit in a lascannon and plasmacannon as they're some of the most widely used. Now for the arms do you want to go organic/mutated or technological?

For shoulderpads I'm not sure. The arms I think should have a mix of different weaponry or maybe one heavy weapon that you can't really identify what it is. The old kai guns were a good example of that. For a mix, I'd try to fit in a lascannon and plasmacannon as they're some of the most widely used. Now for the arms do you want to go organic/mutated or technological?

think ill go for a mix of technological with a little bit of organic

but not sure and very open for suggestions

havent gotten far enough on the oblit that i feel its worth more pics just yet, a side project for my army have been a quad gun and four autocannon havocs

still in the early stages

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/8A243E31-E509-40B6-9654-C0FD95507FCD.jpg

and taken alot of pics trying to make a leg tut

Edited by thamier

Can't belive I haven't seen this thread untill now. Awesome models and the oblit really is something else, I can't wait to see it finished :tu:

thanks, glad you like it, also found out that there was way more local ppl here watching this thread.

Nice autocannons. What bits did you use?

the autocannons are a bit of the chaos termi reapers and then some green stuff and the main body of the autocannon is a copy of the forgeworld autocannon i think.

slightly modifyed.

will add a litte more details to them before basing and painting them.

almost forgot, also used some lance bits from the chaos knoghts box

the havocs are ready for paint now, arms are still lose so i can paint them seperately

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/080A8752-BE8F-47ED-B4B1-BCAC7E8BD5A5.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/033363ED-6618-47DD-B5CE-001A8DE887E4.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/B1E6BAEC-DC7A-46C2-A587-18853C4079F4.jpg

Hmm, that cannon seems familiar ;)

As for the general direction of the weapon arms, I would personally argue in favour of a less organic, more technical look: If you want fleshy, the current Oblitz are quite alright, but coming up with a suitable tech-y looking construction would be more interesting, in my opinion. If you go for a slightly different weapons loadout for each model in the squad, with a couple of underslung extra weapons here and there, that should nicely symbolise the models' ability to change weapons "on the fly".

Looking awesome! Seeing this boy finally finished will be such a treat!