Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

There is no such thing as over the top Chaos! Go crazy Thamier - you know the way to do it! :)

All your big items are awesome and hve Chaos all over them! Are you considering a group pic for the lot so far?

Mighty impressive log this one...

There is no such thing as over the top Chaos! Go crazy Thamier - you know the way to do it! :)

All your big items are awesome and hve Chaos all over them! Are you considering a group pic for the lot so far?

Mighty impressive log this one...

oh i know how to go crazy, dont worry about that ;)

and thanks to browsing at subtle's legion rising thread i got an idea fir the torsobthat i was stuck on

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/8849ACCE-FF1C-48B8-9058-D5DDD98736BF.jpg

so hopefully soon my dark workshop will pump out 3 tall and terrorfying two legged defilers ready for combat along with some nice marines and a swarm of living dead oh and maybe a titan or two

The Defiler legs. That's going to be a beast.

well you thought the helbrute was almsot the size of a knight, the defilers will be!

for chaos!!

and cookies ofc

will work more on it tonight i think, its my prototype, if it works ill make 3

did a cardboard mockup for the defiler torso

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/7326A28F-62EC-4F72-9ABF-9CC45DCEE550.jpg

now need to test more to make it work 3d and start on plastic card and greenstuff

what do you guys think?

Edited by thamier

Mind blown. Jaw dislocated.

This thread just went nuclear :nuke: .

The Decimator inspiration is easily recognisable. Also the outline is not too different from the knight's, making it a viable counts-as. Any thoughts as to the armament? 

As to dealing with this beast...

...where are my :HS:  lascannon Devastators? :ermm:

Mind blown. Jaw dislocated.

This thread just went nuclear :nuke: .

The Decimator inspiration is easily recognisable. Also the outline is not too different from the knight's, making it a viable counts-as. Any thoughts as to the armament? 

As to dealing with this beast...

its funny cause like my obliterator vs centurions i like my defilers to be able to stand up to imperial knights.

weapons it will have a battle cannon one one arm and a reaper ither from mouth or other arm, could be used as a chaos knight too, and it is technically walking on two powerfists too

Nah this deserves a proper knee capping by a couple of :FA:  BA vanguard veterans with thunder hammers.

The mock up looks really great already. can't wait to see the real model.

Edited by Quixus

Just had a look through this thread and it's filled with sheer awesome! Loving the Oblits and Helbrutes but that Defiler mock up is gonna be amazing. I do love my bipedal maniac machines of chaos so will be watching very closely from now on.

Just had a look through this thread and it's filled with sheer awesome! Loving the Oblits and Helbrutes but that Defiler mock up is gonna be amazing. I do love my bipedal maniac machines of chaos so will be watching very closely from now on.

hehe i know im awsome, and everyone seems so surpised this thread went nuvlear ages ago!! ;ppp

anyways joking aside, glad you like it, im eager to get it built but its proving to be a bit tricky to get it just right.

now i just hope the dark gods of chaos will be pleased.

will try and field 3 of these behind a hord of plague zombies

Reminds me of the Decimator.

or one on steroids:lol:some nice big beasties you got there sir ,looks like the dark mechanicum have been busy:devil:
I fixed that for you.

you should join in with chaos, give in, its way more fun and that way you dont end up a plague zombie ;)

Damn you do chaos right.

See GW!

ITS NOT THAT HARD TO DO!

Thamier your amazing at capturing the essence of chaos

thanks jasp but it is rather hard sat all ladt night redoing stuff over and over cause it just wouldent line up right

Damn man. I've never seen someone pose Defiler legs like that and not have it look stupid. Bravo. That thing is going to be just....a monster. I can't wait to see some more progress on it. 

-Tarvik

thanks mate, now if only i could paint nerly as well as you

got one rough prototype shoulderpad made, after alot of trial and errors, started on face and torso now, what im currently struggling with is the curved and round shapes i want to do with a flat sheet of plastic card, but i have a few ideas but it wont be easy lol

Impressive army, striking colour scheme and full a conversion madness!!! Have you thought on putting some balefire fx/OSL on the frontal skull on the front mantle or in the tire sipes(sp?) (sorry for my english i meant the indentation on the tire)?  Keep the good work that hugee decimator is coming great!

Impressive army, striking colour scheme and full a conversion madness!!! Have you thought on putting some balefire fx/OSL on the frontal skull on the front mantle or in the tire sipes(sp?) (sorry for my english i meant the indentation on the tire)?  Keep the good work that hugee decimator is coming great!

donyou mean on the defiler?

yes i plan on adding osl to it, in the eyes and other places dont know excatly were, toying with the idea of a heavy flamer inside its mouth, it might not be a baleflamer but im sure it would do just fine.

also given up on building the torso in styrene instead ill try and sculpt ir, and possibly get it mouldedand cast in resin afterwards

Sorry i mean on the bikes, looking the army shot and the overall effect on the army it seems that the bikes hides a bit, dont know if you get me, all in all top notch army thamier :tu:

ahh maybe around the excausts on the bike and runes on the sorcers bike, but not sure

THESE ARE GOING TO ROCK!!!!!!

thanks mate i hope so Edited by thamier