Jolemai

Do you think Knights will dominate March? The release of a couple (or one which builds both variants?) will fill up four WDs?

One thought did occur to me when reading the knight rumours: With the deflector shield being directional I guess us IG just have to drop our artillery pie plates down on its other facings :)

Anyway, perhaps I'm just overly keen to see our new Codex and models.

With all these big walkers/MCs about I'm hoping our storm troopers will be good...and disposably cheap.;)

That's the first I've heard of that rumour and it sounds pretty ridiculous. I'm going to chalk that up to rumour mongers getting overly excited again as they are wont to do. What next, is Disney going to send their lawyers after Napoleon too?

If the Knights rumour is true then with large kits - brand spanking new no less - I too expect GW to be trumpeting them from the highest towers. I'm also eager to see our new stuff, I'm just trying to get in as many games with the current codex as I can before then!

These Kingits don't look half bad. They got me thinking about how they would look surrounded by blue coated guardsmen. 

The melta weapon sounds very good. A weapon I can't already bring to the board with another vehicle.

The new IG codex better be good or it's going to make it the yer of the .......Green Skins... 

And wouldn't that be sad.

Just a quick thought. Perhaps all of the rumours of a name change to Astra Militarum might actually be linked to the new Knights codex rather than the Imperial Guard? I'm having a hard time believing that GW would change the name after I-don't-know how many years. And the thing about Disney doing it over the Star Wars Imperial Guard? As WarriorFish said, that title for military units has been around for at least 200 years, probably longer. I don't think anyone could copyright it. If a name change were on the cards I can see it being more likely GW thinking "change a widely used name to something we CAN copyright".

Just a quick thought. Perhaps all of the rumours of a name change to Astra Militarum might actually be linked to the new Knights codex rather than the Imperial Guard? I'm having a hard time believing that GW would change the name after I-don't-know how many years. And the thing about Disney doing it over the Star Wars Imperial Guard? As WarriorFish said, that title for military units has been around for at least 200 years, probably longer. I don't think anyone could copyright it. If a name change were on the cards I can see it being more likely GW thinking "change a widely used name to something we CAN copyright".

They did it with the Sisters of Battle so who knows?

They did it with the Sisters of Battle so who knows?

Very true, and the term Adeptus Asartes seems to be getting used more and more these days. Perhaps it is a case of GW getting all of their IP named in such a way that they can copyright the names and guarantee exclusivity. And I hope that the rumours of the demise of the Rough Riders is exaggerated, I've just finished a squad converted from Cadians and WFB Knights to match my 'Paladins' regiment. I'd like to get a game in with them before they suffer Exterminatus!

I think it is possible, and I agree that it's more likely a case of "something we can protect easier". For what it's worth as much as the army name may officially change and "Astra Militarum" may appear on the codex and boxes I'm sure GW will still call us the Imperial Guard in the background etc the same as everyone else. So I'm confident it won't really change much from our point of view.

If Rough Riders are removed I will be very annoyed, so much so I might even contact GW to voice my disappointment.

For more positive musings check the Imperial Knights topic again for more great pictures including the transfers which are very nice and more importantly now reported to be in the box! I know I'm going to get one, that much is clear now I've just got to be good and resist temptation for as long as possible... maybe if I'm lucky I can complete one or two projects before succumbing? :lol:

It's not a recent rumour, been bouncing around for a while. There was talk of a Macharius variant or something similar but any details are too vague to take any real notice of. I think it's not unreasonable to expect a larger kit given what GW has done lately, but we've heard nothing with any weight to it yet.

Rough riders are one if those things that are rumoured to be axed every new codex. Fortunately it's never happened and I don't know that it will this time. However, worst case scenario you can always bring an allied detachment of DKoK if you really want rough riders. And with 4+ save, 2 wounds, WS4, FNP(6+) for only 1.5x the cost of a normal rough rider things could definitely be worse!

So do you guys think the new IG codex has been pushed back due to the release of a Imperial Knights? Granted, bolter and chainsword is really the only 40k site I visit, but it seems very quiet on the IG rumour front.

I'm just hoping we get a plastic hydra kit, really, since I intend to stick with my DKoK Assault Brigade.

So Guard probably in May, then, as I imagine April would be devoted to WFB as that's the usual routine.

Do you think Knights will dominate March? The release of a couple (or one which builds both variants?) will fill up four WDs?
One thought did occur to me when reading the knight rumours: With the deflector shield being directional I guess us IG just have to drop our artillery pie plates down on its other facings smile.png

Anyway, perhaps I'm just overly keen to see our new Codex and models.
With all these big walkers/MCs about I'm hoping our storm troopers will be good...and disposably cheap.msn-wink.gif

I don't know, but maybe. I note that the Grenadiers in the DKoK Assault Brigade list (which is what, about 6 months old?) are 12 points. So I could see storm troopers being a similar price, since their doctrines and better equipment would balance-off the Grenadiers' WS4, Death Krieg special rules, and being Troops. 12 points is definitely getting closer to being "disposably cheap" than the current price.

Yeah March always felt a little too soon, even with GW being pretty speedy on releases of late. Along with GW's tighter ship means the rumours don't really get going until we start getting close to the actual release, as the rumour mongers are busy with the more immediate stuff. Just means we have to keep on our toes and use the time well to complete projects we already have in preparation :P

Yeah March always felt a little too soon, even with GW being pretty speedy on releases of late. Along with GW's tighter ship means the rumours don't really get going until we start getting close to the actual release, as the rumour mongers are busy with the more immediate stuff. Just means we have to keep on our toes and use the time well to complete projects we already have in preparation tongue.png

No joke! I have been working on fortifications and a bunch of cultists so that I can comfortably switch over my production line from C:CSM stuff to C:IG and C:IK (when that comes out), and terrain to boot! Oh, if only I didn't have to sleep...

Am I the only one who wants a DKoK codex and plastic models for the basic platoons, for a cheaper buy in into the army?

I want 18 pie plates of hell supported by waves of infantry and Death Riders.....

Mmmh World War One tactics

Well there already is a DKoK codex, two of them actually. The siege regiment (free PDF online) and the assault brigade in Imperial Armour 12.

I definitely do NOT want plastic DKoK because then EVERYONE will play DKoK and they will lose their character and uniqueness. I don't want my army becoming "just another DKoK army" that people roll their eyes at when I put it in the table because it's become so ubiquitous.

Well there already is a DKoK codex, two of them actually. The siege regiment (free PDF online) and the assault brigade in Imperial Armour 12.

I definitely do NOT want plastic DKoK because then EVERYONE will play DKoK and they will lose their character and uniqueness. I don't want my army becoming "just another DKoK army" that people roll their eyes at when I put it in the table because it's become so ubiquitous.

That's true, but the big book is pretty expensive and all I want is the DKoK army list. The siege regiment is great, but it doesn't give you access to carcass shells or the unique order system that they have.

I'm going to be hypocritical here and say that the basic models are just so expensive even though I play 30k. However 30k points up so quickly, so not quite as expensive. The DKOK army comes out to about $1000 USD for JUST 1500 points. My 30k force was about 800 and is 2000 points, and I didn't even do all the bundles they have nowadays.

Archived