Jolemai

Fear not Nico they're well entrenched as FW products so I doubt GW will ever touch them laugh.png They'd surely create a new range rather than compete with/remove an existing one. Steel Legion comes to mind along with Praetorians and Mordians, or Emperor have mercy on my wallet - Tallarn tongue.png

Just a quick update to say that the latest rumour mill blurb is still pointing to April for the Imperial Guard codex. If this is true then now we're in March we should expect to start seeing some leaks and the like (plus the inevitable rubbish rumour/photoshop attempts), keep an eye out and report back should you find anything worthwhile smile.png

Lets hope it is correct. Though should we not see another fantasy army before another 40k one?

Games Workshop these days works in strange and insidious ways =P

Either way I wonder how (if at all) this will impact my Drop Trooper list. I mean I use the same order system, so there is that, but will forgeworld update it yet again.... >_<
Actually makes me hope the rumours about a seperate Auxillia section is true, though I doubt it.

I hope so too, it feels a bit early still as we've not heard much which is a bit unusual even if you ignore the "WHFB/40k" split, or the Knights codex. There is always the chance that GW has got its act together and started running a tighter ship but I think we can agree that's unlikely tongue.png

There is much change these days with the way things are structured and the supplements, so it is both an exciting and uncertain time! FW were pretty quick on the Marine codex updates, so there's no reason not to expect for the same for the Guard regiments. FW have been arm in arm with the Guard since forever, so I'm sure they'll not abandon their children smile.png

This month will be the indicator methinks, if we start to hear new Guard stuff then better sharpen your bayonets and grab your Lasguns! :D

Your guess is as good as anyone else's right now Nico, given the proliferation of flying machines it would seem an obvious decision to produce a plastic Hydra kit. Like you I'd get a couple in all likelihood but until now we've been waiting for/expecting a plastic GW kit...

With a bit of luck all our questions will soon be answered one way or another! I can't wait to see what new kits we get :)

It would not surprise me if they made a Hydra kit, most of the other current tank entries have models now after all (It should be the only one left except for our dear collosus/medusa). Perhaps they could make a second type of anti-air to combine it with (likely I'd say). But... then again they could decide to do something completely different XD

Besides, forgeworld isn't much more expensive then GW these days and for those extra 10 pound you get a very nice model. Sure there probably will be some bent barrels (mine had XD) but that is easily corrected in half an hour with a bowl of hot water.

Either way I do hope my drop troopers will get to share in some of the goodness (proper reasonable storm troopers, PLEASE!) fairly quickly.

I'm wondering which special characters will stay, which will go...and which might end up in supplements.

What do you think?

I hope Al'rahem and Harker and Marbo stay in the main codex.

All I really want to know is whether there will be plastic Hydra kits or if I should get Forgeworld Hydras.

Just FYI , FW Hydra is a real pain to put together if you're not used to working with Resin.

I had 2, both had to be boiled, needed extensive filing down in some places and plasti-card extensions in others.

I'd wait to see if GW releases the plastic version.

Also, keep in mind that Hydras currently don't have Interceptor, so an incoming flyer could potentially blow you up before you get to fire.

Hmmm, the one I got (quite some time back) wasn't all that bad. Just two bent barrels that had to be straightened which took about half an hour.

But it seems the degree of repair needed varies.

Though I completely agree, we should get a plastic one.

I'm wondering which special characters will stay, which will go...and which might end up in supplements.
What do you think?

I think this very much depends on how they deal with various regiments. (Various wild rumours flying about) But surely the Cadian once will stay and probably the Catachan once as well (they have new models and all). I do hope Al'rahem and Chenkov makes it... but wouldn't be too sure.

Then again, perhaps GW decides to play nice, gives us regiment tactics... At least one is allowed to hope =P

I'm hoping that if they include regiment tactics it does not exclude us from taking special characters from other regiments like Chapter Tactics does for marines. I have both "Cadian" Straken and Harker in my list, I'd hate to lose the ability to field them.

With the prophesied merging of FW and GW sales windows, it seems unlikely that we will see any more resin to plastic conversions like the Valkyrie in the future.

In fact, I expect that a lot of things will be dropped from Codex: Imperial Guard, because they are available in a Forge World book. So no more Vendettas in C:IG, for example - the rules are in IA3SE.

It's hard to guess what GW might be thinking/doing with all the changes (or not thinking/doing). With FW's progress lately I agree it does seem harder to imagine GW lifting anything from them so all we can do is brace for whatever may come.

I hope we keep all our characters and that we're not restricted as Marines are - the Guard is a vast organisation of countless regiments so there should be plenty of variety available. Would that it also extended to models, but you can't have everything tongue.png

That's a point. Stick Catachans and Cadians into the main book and go Supplemental with the rest?

Perhaps they are looking at it from an Eldar point of view (i.e. Iyanden)...

Maybe the supplements will be for a specific regiment? For example the usual culprits still exist in the codex as they should, but then you could get something like a Cadian 8th supplement?

With Marines going company level but Eldars craftworld it could be either. Army level makes more sense to me, so Tallarn etc rather than a specific regiment - but then I'd say the same for the Marine supplements... For what it's worth the rumours said it's army supplements rather than regiment, though that rumour is a bit old now.

If we get regiments they probably will limit what special characters that allows you to take. If we get some type of regiment tactics I would imagine that we rather get type spesific tactics rather then regiment. Ie, tactics: Light Infantry, tactics: Mechanized etc. Would make more sense to me... But then again... Anything could happen in truth XD

One pointer could perhaps be the regimental tactics for Tallern in IA3E2, they seem like a reasonable way to do it.

Aye, regimental tactics would be nifty, but it they're implemented, I'd say there's a big chance that special characters will only be accessible if you use a particular regimental tactic (à la C:SM).

Anyway, I really hope that they'll expand the current IG range with models from other regiments. I'm tired of having plastic kits just for Cadians and Catachan. Give us some plastic Tallarn, Valhallans, Vostroyans, Mordians, Praetorians, etc.! :D

Plastic recasts of the metal 2nd/3rd addition Mordian/Tallarn etc would be nice. It would be great to have all the choice of regiments and troop options you had back then. Personally I like my artillery so would like see a return of the Griffon.

Wait, wait - priorities lol:

1. Storm Troopers - New models & rules

2. Artillery - Missing models

3. Another variation of the DKoK list - like the DKoK Kitchen Renovation Vanguard. This time with models that come with different hats.

4. Everything else (rough riders, other regiments, etc.)

Ok, ok, joking - but I still want 1 & 2 first please.

I think we can safely assume they will focus on filling in holes in the range before they make new regimental figures. At least we can hope so.

And I think Storm Troopers/Veterans in Carapace plastic has been in the rumours/pipeline forever and ever. So I pretty sure we will see those.

The Dark Elves got 8 new kits/things I think, 7 of which where dual kits... Dwarves got 6 kits, 3 of which where combo kits. Chaos SM got 7, 4 characters and 3 dual kits... So who knows XD But hopefully we are looking at something like 6-8 new kits/models.

As for other regiments it would be ohhh so lovely. A combi kit Mordian/Pretorian or something such XD But I doubt it. Then again... who knows. GW keep reaching back into its past now with the return of Chapter "traits", the Knight, the Castallax and so on. So maybe!^^

Wait, wait - priorities lol:

1. Storm Troopers - New models & rules

2. Artillery - Missing models

3. Another variation of the DKoK list - like the DKoK Kitchen Renovation Vanguard. This time with models that come with different hats.

4. Everything else (rough riders, other regiments, etc.)

Ok, ok, joking - but I still want 1 & 2 first please.

Kitchen Renovation squad....hmmm...you may be on to something here

Careful baz, nobody wants to set me off about Griffons again laugh.png

If I were GW I'd do Praetorians/Mordians first like Warhawk said. All they'd need is different heads and they've suddenly added two awesome regiments back into the game - so simple it's almost criminally so.

It's an exciting time to be a Guardsman, as long as GW don't restrict us too much like with the Marine Chapters I don't think we've got anything to be concerned about smile.png

Archived