New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Awwwwww. Thanks, buddy. Can't wait to see it painted. I think it's about time we see your whole collection as well, since we've never seen your finished rhinos.

Funny you should mention that- I was just thinking the same thing about taking a picture of everything I have painted so far. I will definitely do that once the LR is finished.

Basic color pattern laid down-- I am really happy with the way it came out. This will be a Crusader, btw-- don't think I mentioned that.

Now I am deciding if I want to complete building it, and paint it as a whole, or continue to work on each panel separately and glue at the end. Any suggestions?

I also cobbled together enough parts to make the multi-melta manned by a marine (say THAT 5 times fast!), the missile launcher, the storm bolter and a closed hatch-- so I can spec it out pretty much any way I want.

Should I continue the yellow on the front hatch door to match the stripe on the back? Or leave it just on the insets at the front?

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/Mobile%20Uploads/3d92b82f-5e14-4102-bed1-f69b815b7cd1_zps48d95aca.jpg

Aw see, that looks dope. I didn't realize you were going to keep the stripe on the top like that. As for the ramp... I don't really know if yellow will look cool in front. I think the inset looks great and ties it in well, but on balance more yellow may be too much? Edited by JeffTibbetts

Aw see, that looks dope. I didn't realize you were going to keep the stripe on the top like that. As for the ramp... I don't really know if yellow will look cool in front. I think the inset looks great and ties it in well, but on balance more yellow may be too much?

Thanks- I am happy with the way the "banding" looks across the top. I appreciate everyone's feedback on the yellow in the front, and I agree the more I look at it. Painting lots and lots and lots of lines right now, shading first and hopefully highlighting later today.

The yellow is giving me more trouble than usual... Turns out my usual process does not work as well on large, flat spaces.

Loving it chap, and I feel your pain, small area's of yellow, nice and easy, large areas of yellow - a menace.

I would suggest filling the inside rear panels with the purple, the white looks a little out of place at the back there but otherwiose looking foraward to seeing the progress!

Loving it chap, and I feel your pain, small area's of yellow, nice and easy, large areas of yellow - a menace.

I would suggest filling the inside rear panels with the purple, the white looks a little out of place at the back there but otherwiose looking foraward to seeing the progress!

Yes, thank you- I caught that looking at the picture and have filled it in.

Weathering will be a tough decision for me... I like my models clean and relatively crisp, but I tank does not look very realistic done that way, IMO. I will finish "clean" first, take some pictures, and the scuff it up a bit. I will start with minor things around the doors, ramp, etc.

Hey friends- body is now glued and mostly painted.

Now I am working on the attachments, and then I will be ready to decide if I want to weather it or not.

C/C welcome, as always!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps2f6d9eb8.jpg

Your style never fails to impress. That yellow... The blending in the shading. Just wow. You know, the gray really looks more gray on such large surfaces. I think it will help darken the whole army, as it were. I like!

As for weathering? Well, if you're going to do it I think you'll want to do it to about everything. Or keep it very subtle, like your bikes.

That looks fantastic, I would be tempted to leave it as it is, but then all that white, and yellow, ooooooh.........

WEATHER THE HELL OUT IF IT, DO IT!!

Ahem, but seriously, I am sure even a little weathering would go a long way on this, very much looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Geektom, what is your recipe for the white? It's so friggin crisp it's unreal.  Seriously, I can't stop looking at this landraider.

Thanks, Chaplain! Coming from you, that is a real compliment!

My secret is... It's not white.

I actually use a very light gray (or grey, if you'd rather)- specifically, GW Ulthuan Grey

So:

Primer: the Army Painter, "Uniform Grey"

Base: GW Citadel Grey

2-3 coats *thin* Ulthuan Grey (or spray, if it is a large surface, like the tanks)

Shade: thinned Agrax Earthshade (1 pt. shade to 2 pt. water)

Highlight: Ceramite White

Hope that helps!

Very cool, thanks for sharing the recipe.  Never would have occurred to me to use gray like that.  Good job!

BTW, reply to a pm every once in a while. would ya?

I know! I am a terrible Librarian!

You're doing it again ;)

When can we expect to see some more progress on the raider?