Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

You just got yourself a new follower Forte. I cant believe I keep missing this thread. You are definetly not helping me resist the temptations of chaos :D

The more you resist, the easier conversion becomes. Keep looking over the WIP area and we'll have you in no time.

The raptors and moving along real nice forte!!

And the sonic weapon looks fan-:cussing-tastic!! If I end up dabbling into Slaanesh, which who are we kidding, I will, I might just use your little trick there!! Nice!!

End of Line

Edited by Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.

I've done a little more on the weapon. Plenty more to do though.

med_gallery_29004_2673_637342.jpg

This is how I often start off if I'm doing thin details. It's how I started the flayed skin before. Bit of Kneadatite between parchment paper (same stuff I use in the wet pallet) and roll it out. With this though I was aiming on creating a grill effect for the BM by rolling the grip part of my drill vice across it. Worked well but I should have let it fully cure before using it.

med_gallery_29004_2673_20977.jpg

Still have to work on the sides of the barrel and I'm going to fill in the plasma cannon grooves and add some trim which I tried on the pad here.

med_gallery_29004_2673_15212.jpg

It's a bit rough but I'll be taking a file to it once it's fully hardened.

Still not decided on which head to butcher but I may start on that tonight. And a flayed face/head on the backpack. Or I may paint. We'll see.

Once again. Thank you for the encouragement and I'm open to ideas and pointers :tu:

Managed a little more tonight.

Main pose. Will be having a Raptor pad for the left shoulder.

med_gallery_29004_2673_9938.jpg

Started on the head. Eyes have been changed for beads and will have a bit of putty round the edge. Lower face has been cut down ready for extra detail.

gallery_29004_2673_22289.jpg

Lastly, the base. But of an experiment with Milliput.

med_gallery_29004_2673_7872.jpg

Now just got to wait till everything cures till the next step.

@The_Chaplain. Cheers. I was going to use a small screw to try and get straight lines but a lot of large speakers often have more diamond shaped grills and the vice was there so it was more of a "I wonder" moment. I am tempted to remove the current part though and do it again as it looks a bit flattened in places. Maybe remove the head parts so I can really get the edges sharp.

@Jaspcat. Would love to. Tricky as I'm in the UK though.

I'm loving the beads for eyes. What size are they, 0.75mm?

Dragonlover

1mm. Do need to use a little liquid gs for a bit of texture round the edges though.

That blasmaster is shaping up really great brother. I second the idea of a Variosean jaw but I suppose a kakophoni one would look pretty decent too..... :P

I do have more to do so I'll try it on another. Still getting used to converting and this is pushing me already. Good fun though.

Wow. Talk about motivational comments. Thank you all.

Finally got round to looking through your thread, lovely lovely stuff. The purple on the EC is especially nice.

Glad you got through it. Got some exceptional stuff yourself.