Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

+++[session 6]+++

Time for a bit of an update after spending two sessions on the main turquoise colour (which still needs at least two more highlights till I'll be happy with it). Glad I decided that there's going to be a lot of variation in colours in this Slaanesh army. Painting so much of one would drive me mental.

Added bonus...the Forgefiend/ Maulerfiend kit arrived today. That things a bit of a beast and not decided on forge or mauler yet so may see if I can do it as either. Also, the spawn thoughts have been growing so I may take a mini break from armour and work on those before tackling the Noise Marines :devil:

thats how i felt doing the call to chaos comp, i was close to jacking it in on the last few days. 

have you seen that iron warriors army in whit dwarf last year? i think the guy put the cannons on the shoulders of the fiend so he can use it as both, and it would look brutal with your painting :D

That is one really nice blue, although I think I see what you mean about going mad from painting lots of it.:laugh.:

That would be pretty apropos for a scion of Slaanesh though, wouldn't it?

:blink.:

That's a fair point.

Put like that, Forte, maybe you should try painting everything blue all at once!:laugh.:

:cuss I painted the trim on two raptors last night using the planned nauseating blue and I'm not happy with it. Doesn't really stand out.

Now, I could go with black. But that is too typical of chaos and I'm using it on weapons. Metallic is another option. But I'm already using gold on the shoulder trim.

What I'm thinking is a pastel/ almost white trim. Possibly using a different base colour for each squad as if it's the unit marking.

Any thoughts or ideas?

And I've decided that the Forgefiend/ Maulerfiend will be next. The kit just keeps taunting me.

I'll third that. White sounds like it would stand out quite well, but still be definitively Emperor's Children-esque. 

Also, I know what you mean about that Maulerfiend. The kit is pretty awesome, and I could only resist playing with mine for a couple of days. Ended up as a pretty awesome K'daii destroyer for my chaos dwarves ^_^

Fantastic stuff, these are coming together nicely now. Just found this thread and I've read it start to end and there is nothing here I don't like, the colouring and sculpting are especially nice. Keep at it. :tu:

Wow. Thank you. Been seeing your work for quite a while so I take this as a high compliment.

i cant wait to see anything new :)

Soon. Had a few really tired days which doesn't help when painting at night. It helps when your eyes can focus :tu: