Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

This thread is quite the nightmare factory.

:D just made my morning.

I totally approve of the direction blingy chrome marine is headed in ^_^

The metal is about as bright as I could get it. Just thinking on colours for the weapon casings and hair to go with it now.

Yeah so my eyes hurt when I looked at the Neon Marine...

Good Job! Totally what I was hoping for with Neon :p

More to come too with the other four. The neon is actually a bit brighter as these pics are pretty poor.

Awesome stuff bro! The chrome marine is particularly excellent. Which paint did you use to achieve the super clean/bright silver armour?

This is what I did for that one:

• VMA Chrome base.
  • Shadows added with GW Leviathan Purple and AV Glaze Medium.
  • Line gaps between armour with old 90's GW Armour Wash.
  • Wash some thinned GW Asurman Blue wash into dark areas.
  • First highlight with VMA Chrome.
  • 2nd highlight with Chrome + Metallic Medium (approx 60/40).
  • 3rd highlight approx 30/70 Chrome/Metallic Medium.
  • 4th highlight with pure Metallic Medium
  • 5th with 50/50 Metallic Medium/VMA White on the edge points where light would hit.
  • Final dots on eedge tips using pure VMA White.
I need to get a life lol. I aim to highlight in a Zenithal style for gaming pieces as I like a sense of light coming from above.

I'll add too that I didn't thin the Chrome at any point either. The Model Air paints that I've tried so far are pretty perfect straight from the bottle and the metallic went on so smoothly. I'm sold for sure. I used the white for highlighting the neon marine too. No colour mixing with it as it went on thin and smooth and built up well when glazed towards the edges too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I never paint with a dry brush...well, unless I'm drybrushing. I did that whole session with a sable size 1 brush and washed it before painting so the bristles were moist to let the paint flow better. And I always touch the brush on some kitchen roll after loading up with paint to remove excess.

Edited by forte

I like 'm both Forte. It's scary to me to paint light colours, because I find them so difficult to do - and you seem to have mastered it perfectly. :tu:

You know why I've ended up doing bright colours. Years of painting dark schemes. I also find it a challenge to paint in a clean way too. I do want to push myself on textures, shadows, and free hand as I've avoided it.

no need to panic i had my sugar today:tongue.:

really liking the reworking greenstuff on the spawn head

and is the 40 mm base also chromed as it looks like a large plate of metal,if so thats a really cool effect

Don't worry, I rarely panic on B&C these days. I moderate instead ;)

Cheers. I really need to thank whoever it was who mentioned that it didn't look the part originally or I wouldn't have made the changes.

The 40mm base for the spawn has a couple of brass bits from the GW basing kit but they are painted differently to the Chrome marine.

The metal parts on the base were started with Boltgun Metal. Heavily washed with the old Armour Wash, then with some old Chestnut wash mixed with the AW directly on the parts. But more AW added to areas I wanted that bit darker. Once dry I used a medium drybrush to almost stiple/drybrush the areas I wanted lighter. This I built up to chrome on the edges. With that I don't use a pallet but put the paint straight onto a paper towel and mix the colours as I wipe it off the brush. Good fun too. And I do like to play with washes for certain.

hey hey forte

its been a while since i stopped off here,just to echo what others have said the new greenywork on the head hits the nail on the errr:blink.: head:biggrin.:

glad to see you embracing the green side let it flow and consume you:laugh.: .youll soon be doing full sculpts 

also a nice change of direction with the chrome and congrats for not making it look plasticky as seems to happen so often with shiny metallic paint

Well. While working on a certain Secret Santa for SlavetoDarkness last night I managed to slap a bit more paint on the first two Noise Marines.

med_gallery_29004_9974_290590.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9974_113513.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9974_118968.jpg

Not quite the eye melters I was planning but there are still four more to play with so feel free to throw in some C&C. Although I'm tempted to try and do the Champion in a light marble colour.

Thank you for stopping by and hopefully your Call of Chaos (or any other painting or modelling project) is going well for you :thanks: :tu:

Edited by forte

As always, the crispiness of the paint job is eye-watering. The white slaaneshi symbol on the pink armour is just... amazing. Seriously.... I hate you a little.

Nitty-picketty-party-poop: the blue trim on the pink shoulder pad doesn't do it for me. I get that you're going for a contrasting colour on the colour wheel, but the tone of the colour is somehow off. Perhaps pastel blue would have been a better choice on the pinky-greeny guy? It *does* work on the metal one, which actually could use a little more imo :D - bone on the bony areas or something like that. No pun intended!!!!

Beautiful work, forte - you're at it again! :tu:

Very nice brother. May I ask have you posted that half scheme on facebook? I seem to think ive seen that on a page on FB?

Sure have. Think that was the Eavier Metal one (good group too).

As always, the crispiness of the paint job is eye-watering. The white slaaneshi symbol on the pink armour is just... amazing. Seriously.... I hate you a little.

Nitty-picketty-party-poop: the blue trim on the pink shoulder pad doesn't do it for me. I get that you're going for a contrasting colour on the colour wheel, but the tone of the colour is somehow off. Perhaps pastel blue would have been a better choice on the pinky-greeny guy? It *does* work on the metal one, which actually could use a little more imo :D - bone on the bony areas or something like that. No pun intended!!!!

Beautiful work, forte - you're at it again! :tu:

Don't panic. The blue trim is only the base and shade. Highlights still to be done. And the trim on the Chrome one is purple (but shaded blue so I'll let you off).

The white patterns are done with VMA White. No thinning either. Flows nicely from a brush too. Suppose I need to try more free hand stuff with these too.

Very nice brother. May I ask have you posted that half scheme on facebook? I seem to think ive seen that on a page on FB?

Sure have. Think that was the Eavier Metal one (good group too).

Knew I had seen it bar this forum. Next time you post I'll be sure to add you on there

That freehand is shaping up nicely. Where do you get your paints? is online or from a shop as the only shop in London I've found knocking out Vallejo range is Darksphere and its a bit of a journey for me. I know getting them online isn't an issue but I like to see new colours before buying.