Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

I misread! Saw "keep tassel, remove dagger"

I vote B. Lose the tassel. Keeping the dagger means he can stab more things, harder. Angrily.

Must read faster ;) Things have already been set in poly cement and green stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job, I must say. Just... shiny. :lol:

Many thanks :tu:

Man of steel! Real quality metal colour on this champ, his weapons look cool too

Thank you. Trying to decide on the blade colour. Thinking a turquoise tinted metal.

I'm all aboard the no-spike train now. And reconsidered that entire head. Wow.

Cheers. The colours a bit washed out on that. I'm sure it has white highlights. May add some colour to the tentacles.

I just bit my lip at looking how awesome your champ is! Definitely an astounding piece of work there! Conversion work and paint are top notch! 

Is there any fluff behind this fella I missed or that is being brewed up! Seeing those hazard marks and this champion being a worshiper of Slaanesh I cannot help but feel a dirty joy in thinking of a pleasure seeking Iron Warrior convert. 

Many thanks all.

As for fluff for him, I haven't really thought on it that much. It was more a case of "how can I fit another Legion scheme into my warband" for a bit of painting variety. Though I can easily imagine and Iron Warrior being tempted by Slaanesh. All those sieges to hone his techniques. And pushing his skills by using a longer weapon and smaller shield in such confined combat.

Really pleased I took of the leg length horn now too. Puts the focus more on the head rather than the horn.

He looks awesome - so impressive.

Only comment is - you know the skull on the base? Deliberately not painted it bone? I agonised over mine as on one side of the base I have the skull and rusted spokes poking out, but unsure if they jar with the rest of the grey base - and wanted your thoughts!

The skull I've left like that on purpose as my Chaos army is on ash bases so I see it that the bone has ended up the same colour over time. That and it's one of those little details.

Now I need to resist adding a squad to him as he was quite fun to do.

Sensible - cheers! I think I probably just need to find a way to do other bits, so it ties it together more cohesively. Or perhaps just not worry :P

I know the feeling, I'm going to revisit my Chosen and Kranon - they all look good together!

^^ Dark Eldar/Elf close combat weapons galore!

Excellent work on this guy, btw.

Much thankings. Up next on the painting table...finishing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (and no, I'm not joking but I can't post it on here :( )