Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

It's looking like A has it so far.

Here's the other thing I'm wondering about. Couple of head options. Do I go for:

• Keep huge horn on the head
  • Remove the horn from the head and add a few more of the tentacles
Edited by Forté

I thought a at first, but I'm thinking he spears the first turkey up, then shield and daggers his opponents for the pure arrogance. It's charachterful and more pointy bits the better. Keep the horn head unless your going for the pretty slaanesh. Horn makes him look like he's full of contempt. Just my two cents

Well, the dagger has gone and the shield is in place now. Pretty much ready to prime now so fingers crossed for decent weather :tu:

Have you considered removing the spike on the head, or perhaps bending it back a bit (make it more like a tendril) to add more of a sense of motion?

Have you considered removing the spike on the head, or perhaps bending it back a bit (make it more like a tendril) to add more of a sense of motion?

That's what the last question was about ;)

That's what the last question was about :wink:

I noticed, but it was never mentioned what decision was reached, or wasn't.

My vote it to heat and bend it backwards, or cut and re-sculpt it to add more to the sense of motion the base miniature provides.  As it stands, the horn sticks out like a sore thumb against the flow the model has.

Have you seen the Juan Diaz daemonettes? They have kind of horn/tentacle things that you could mimic by bending the horn over.

Do you mean like this by any chance? ;)

11050959_543106515831188_1428924579_n.jp

My vote it to heat and bend it backwards, or cut and re-sculpt it to add more to the sense of motion the base miniature provides. As it stands, the horn sticks out like a sore thumb against the flow the model has.

Tempting to try the heat bend though I may just lose it.

The more I look at it the less I like the horn too. Kind of fits my dislike of back banners and huge helm decorations. They just don't mix well with door frames and trees.

I said it in the other thread I will say it here... I love what you have done with the Emperors Children I never thought I would ever like them....

Well done you I'll get you a gold star :tongue.:

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k574/jetpaczx/Gold-Star_zpsosz7mahp.jpg

Damn Traitors :P

Here's the latest then.

Removed the horn as it just never made sense to me what with ducking under things all the time. So I added another hair tentacle in its place.

gallery_29004_10556_6351.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_3788.jpg

And I added the usual flayed face (with nose)

med_gallery_29004_10556_120155.jpg

And lastly, I removed the tassel and added a basic handle to the shield.

med_gallery_29004_10556_37060.jpgmed_gallery_29004_10556_31543.jpg

Next step...primer :)

I've also started to add some bits to the Carcharodons to give a more MkV look to some legs.

med_gallery_29004_9376_230186.jpg

Cheers for looking. C&C very welcome :thanks: :tu:

Hi! 

Your work is stellar. I'm only on page 18, and I have to stop and go paint some guys because I find your attention to detail and the FEEL of your boys utterly motivational. I can't wait to come back to the thread and catch up (another 37 pages! Geez!) to see what you're currently working on. I really appreciate the thought and obvious passion.

You filthy traitor scum.

*cough*

I'm only on page 18, and I have to stop and go paint

This just made my day.

I find that to often be the case for myself too. Seeing others work, even stuff in progress, talking to people about painting, seeing some model someone is making, or loads of other contact involving miniatures just makes me want to paint stuff (not always power armour though I'm finding lately). So keep it up everyone no matter what standard you feel you're at :tu:

A, dude. A All the way. Functionally, having the tassle-bit rotated inward like that would be such a huge pain in the butt... Can you imagine whipping your nose with those everytime you swung the thing up to guard your face?? 

"Here lies Gerald Chaos McPointystick, who was slain in battle because his people-hair tassle made him sneeze during a duel with a Loyalist. He will be missed."