Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

Oh wow, very nice!

They both look *super* creepy, but I think I like the overall look the terminator based one a little bit more. The blight king looks hulking and massive, but the terminator looks more swift and lethal. Maybe at an earlier stage in his descent into the gifts of Nurgaal? ^_^ 

Thanks a lot!

I finally did the final cleanup work on the Blight Terminator today: My idea for this guy is that whatever's left of him inside of that armour has continuously grown and swollen, forcing the armour to warp and extend as well -- hence the idea of the armour actually poking into his flesh at some points is pretty plausible. That said, since I needed to fill up the pretty huge gaps in his torso anyway, I tried to tidy up the area a bit (in keeping with a very helpful suggestion I received from euansmith over at the Ammobunker). I also bent the cloth on the right pauldron into a more realistic shape, while I was at it. The pictures aren't great, but they should still give you an idea:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/9/662223-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/9/662224-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

As a small bonus, it's now even harder to make out where the armour ends and the actual flesh begins -- I really like that!

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Nice, I like the idea of the flesh is outgrowing the armour, and probally replacing it as the protective outer shell. The merg between flesh and armour, organic and material, ties them nicely in with the Forge World Gal Vorbak models, and is exactly how the blessed should be.

So, another small update regarding the Blight Terminator -- plus I also need your input, but we'll be getting to that in a minute.

First up, here are some better photos of the model with all the unsightly gaps filled and smoothed over:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663020-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663021-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

I basically considered the conversion finished at that point, but then a funny coincident happened: The facemask fell off, and I thought to myself: I might as well try some of the other Blightking head options, just for the heck of it.

The following one isn't quite the look I want, but maybe the pictures will still prove helpful/inspirational to some of you:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663022-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663023-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

The worst thing has got to be how bloody jolly this chap seems to be...

Anyway, messing around with the different heads was fun, but then I tried one last option and ended up really, really liking it. Take a look:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663024-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663025-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

The strange/interesting thing about this option is that it actually uses the decorative skull that's part of the Terminator armour as the actual head, so using it would still require a bit of work to make it look more believable:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/11/12/663026-Blightkings%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Death%20Guard%2C%20Kitbash.JPG

But for some reason, I really like this option, so here's my question to you: Which do you like better, the original facemask or this new option?

Your input would be much appreciated!

I really like both the original and the new helmet, but if I had to choose I would go for the newer one that's a bit more detailed and not as commonly used on Nurgle conversions as the first :)

Looks great, but as I like to say "Rules are transitory, build what you love." not quite applicable, but you being happy is what matters. :)

I'd say the newer helm too.

It's super detailed and unique, probably wouldn't be too much trouble to work some cabling and what not in there to make it look more helmety. Plus, nurgle, so just toss some gross, distended flesh in there, and you're good to go! ^_^

New helmet looks way cooler indeed, and I'd love to see it with cabling etc. But.... the 'terminator' feel is lost a little on the new one, which I think is caused because the helmet is slightly bigger and thus ends up slightly higher, making him lose that characteristic hunched pose of terminators. Nevertheless, I still like the last option as a model the best, so I say go for that one!!!

Hiya ladies and gents! I am not dead, I just had a very busy week or two ;) Anyway, back to the more entertaining things in life, right?

First up, regarding that converted Nurgle AOBR Termie: Thank you all for your well-considered feedback on the matter! The longer I keep thinking about it, the more it feels like the head doesn't even have to be an either/or choice in the first place: Maybe I should just paint both helmets and leave them exchangeable, so I get the best of both worlds?

In other news: Oh my god, it's finally happening: Here's my first...

Call of Chaos Update

I do of course realise that I really need to get my act together re: my Call of Chaos vow. Unfortunately, the last few weeks have been very busy, and I am also a lazy bastard, of course. But I am happy to announce that I have made some serious headway regarding my vow:

First up, I have spent some work on my Forgefiend:

call-of-chaos-wip-3.jpg

After spending quite a bit of time on the body and hind legs, however, I hit a bit of a motivational slump. So while I will eventually (have to) return to my very own Dinobot, I have decided to paint something a bit less demanding in the meantime: My Khârn conversion:

call-of-chaos-wip-2.jpg

So far, I've only applied the base colours: No washes or highlights whatsoever so far. And while I'll admit the model isn't anything to write home about (yet), the fact that this guy is my entry in the current competition over at Throneofskulls.com means that I'll have to get him up to snuff until the weeekend -- so you can expect him to take shape rather quickly now.

call-of-chaos-wip-1.jpg

And, in any case, I have finally started painting -- that has to count for something! ;)

So far, it has only been painted with Rakarth Flesh. But the arm is nowhere near finished -- there'll be a wash next, and after that, the higlights and maybe a more selective application of washes in the recesses etc.

Since this model isn't so much a part of my World Eaters but rather a small project of its own, I'll probably forego the usual, greyish skin I use on my World Eaters in favour of a more realistic skin colour.

Cheers, guys! ;)

@ Augustus b'Raass: Huh, I thought that's what everyone is calling them ;)

Anyway, smalll update on the Betrayer:

call-of-chaos-wip-4.jpg

call-of-chaos-wip-5.jpg

The red and bronze areas are mostly complete at this point, although the model's still missing a ton of cleanup, small details etc.

Any plan to buy the FW Khârn?

...you mean after having built and painted my own version? Erm...no. :)

Seriously, though: I'm not a big fan of the FW Khârn model: The pose is just wrong in all kinds of ways to me. There are some nice enough 40k conversions of the model floating around, but I am also reasonably happy with how my own model is coming along. Just saying...

Seriously, though: I'm not a big fan of the FW Khârn model: The pose is just wrong in all kinds of ways to me. 

I know right!? I feel teh same way. For starters, his bare and armoured arms are both on the wrong side, and the way he holds is just... off. Yours by contrast.... :tu: