Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread: Fine-tuning Eightbound...

What about doing an open faced palm in the left hand rotated backwards like someone ordering those behind him to hold back for a second? I think that would match all the rest of the pose.

Also, I'm pretty sure all of us are nitpicking the pose here because we have seen what you are capable of and just want to make sure everything is perfect, it still looks great as is, a couple of us (I believe) just think it could look just a tiny bit better. This isn't a thin your paints moment, this is a "does crimson or scarlet look better here" kind of thing.

Also, I'm pretty sure all of us are nitpicking the pose here because we have seen what you are capable of and just want to make sure everything is perfect, it still looks great as is, a couple of us (I believe) just think it could look just a tiny bit better. This isn't a thin your paints moment, this is a "does crimson or scarlet look better here" kind of thing.

GFT :laugh.:

Guys, regarding the true scale Chapter Master, let me just clarify that any and all feedback is very much appreciated, even if I should decide to seemingly ignore some of the comments ;) I definitely get what Augustus and Biohazard are on about regarding the pose: There's some..."pent-up movement" there, for lack of a better word, although I would argue that it may actually be a good thing: To me it nicely embodies the duality of a character who seems to be a all heroic and statuesque one moment and could just explode into a running charge without warning, and that is very Astartes to me -- but maybe I am just justifiying dubious modeling choices, here ;)

Even so, I think I'll be leaving the pose untouched for now, as I just happen to like it an awful lot.

Regarding the left hand, a lot of very cool options are on the table right now, although I'll discard some of them simply due to the fact that they don't mesh with the idea I have for the character in the back of my head. For instance, Biohazard suggested a "skull brazier", which is very cool. But Lord Commander Prabian is just not that kind of guy, you know? For now, the options I like the most are to...

• leave the hand empty
  • replace the left forearm with a Cataphractii lightning claw or a Sternguard power fist (although I would hate to lose the nice lion design on the vambrace)
  • give him a lantern (although that might be a tad too Black Templar-esque)
  • and possibly the best freaking idea came from EdT: Using this rosary from one of the Stormcast Eternal models. It's pretty much perfect, although now I'll have to source that bit...

As for Gilgamesh's stint on the GW blog, first of all, thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I probably wouldn't have noticed!

Now I would probably be a better person if I could stay a bit more nonchalant about this, but I have to say it's an utterly incredible surprise! Gilgamesh remains my biggest and most involved hobby project to date, and one that I am incredibly proud of, so to see him being featured on the GW site like this just makes me so very happy!

In case anyone's interested, I collected all the posts I made about building and painting the Chaos Knight, which those of you looking at the option of adding a Knight to their army with renewed interest now, might find helpful. Check it all out here.

You deserve to feel proud of that monstrosity. What a great project, man. I just wish they could have showed off more details around the model, but I guess that's to be expected. Have you considered sending pics in to WD team? Seems like once a model has their attention your chances of going in the mag increase. 

Congrats on the feature, Kraut! Well-deserved. Especially given your frustration when the metallic spray went awry, and you ploughed through it like a boss.

Regarding Prabian's pose:  I absolutely love that you see his character reflected in his pose, and now that you've shared/explained to that particular duality with/to us, I can totally appreciate your modelling choice! Also, that rosary idea is just awesome. If I'd have had the bit, I'd send it to you. :tu:

Again, thanks a lot, guys! :)J

Lest we forget that this is actually supposed to be a World Eaters-themed thread, here's a World Eater for a change ;)

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793941-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793943-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793942-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

Some of you may remember this guy from earlier in this thread, as I have already made multiple attempts to add arms to that particular Red Butcher body. Noz an easy task, as there's a strange twist to the body that makes it harder to come up with a convincing pose. But some leftover bitz from my earlier Cataphractii conversions provided me with the material I needed, and I've made the pose a bit more outwardly aggressive, while I was at it. This guy will probably serve as one of Lord Cptain Lorimar's (40k) bodyguard.

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Auggs: I didn't realise the problem with the body either, back when I originally picked up the model. I was just in love with the detailed armour. But it really shows once you try to work with the model in that it's really difficult to create a pose that seems believable. I am finally happy enough with the model to consider it finished ;)

Oh, and of course he and Raass can be friends -- they arrived at my doorstep as part of the same ebay order, after all ;)

I actually find myself being slightly surprised to say this but I don't actually like him, I think it is the pose that is throwing me off. He just seems unbalanced, physically anyway as I think mentally is is right off the scale. I think if the torso was more upright and the head turning to track the hand it might make more sense. Just my little opinion. 

Cheers, guys! :)

@ Teetengee: I have to admit that the shoulder pads really happened as a happy coincidence, and I am fairly happy with them because I think they are a great fit for a 40k Chaos Terminator, but you like what you like, I guess.

@ Thousand Eyes: I guess I cannot win them all. I will say though that the head is turned towards the claw quite a bit more than it used to be -- any more would have been a pain to get right, due to the peculiarities of that Red Butcher body. Again, this is the third or fourth version of this particular kitbash, and if nothing else, it's the version I am the least unhappy with ;)

Again, thanks a lot, guys! :)J

Lest we forget that this is actually supposed to be a World Eaters-themed thread, here's a World Eater for a change :wink:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793941-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793943-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/4/20/793942-Cataphractii%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Khorne%2C%20Khorne%27s%20Eternal%20Hunt.JPG

Some of you may remember this guy from earlier in this thread, as I have already made multiple attempts to add arms to that particular Red Butcher body. Noz an easy task, as there's a strange twist to the body that makes it harder to come up with a convincing pose. But some leftover bitz from my earlier Cataphractii conversions provided me with the material I needed, and I've made the pose a bit more outwardly aggressive, while I was at it. This guy will probably serve as one of Lord Cptain Lorimar's (40k) bodyguard.

As always, let me know what you think! :smile.:

That looks supremely badass. I love the pose- I agree the head would look better off to the side a little more but it looks great as is, and I know you said it's not possible to get it turned any further.

You know what would make an excellent conversion for one of Lorimar's bodyguards? A Red Butcher with a similar loadout (so a lightning claw or power fist and some other melee weapon) clutching a bloodied skull and spine in his claw, Predator style.

This guys promising buddy. But I have to agree something about the heads not quite right, I think it's the bit itself though. Am I right in thinking that's the head from the Chaos Warrior box? I think what's making the pose seem so rigid is the fact that head has what looks a bit like a neck brace. If you could dremel or dig out the neck area a bit more it might help. But as said before its your model and if you're happy with it that's what counts. I feel like I'm constantly picking at your work lately but it's not meant in a negative way. Just trying to help. :tu:

Cheers for the feedback, guys! :)

@ Eldrick Shadowblade: Thanks! The axe head is from the chaos chariot kit and has been grafted to the grip of a Space Wolves thunder hammer.

@ Teetengee: I'd argue that the pads fit better than the standard CSM shoulder pads -- or the completely undecorated plastic Cataphractii ones. In the end, what made me choose them wasn't merely the skull motif, but rather the way they interact with the Cataphractii pteryges leather straps on the arms.

@ Squigsquasher: I did contemplate adding an element like that, but in the end I think such trophies often end up looking slightly silly, and I preferred the option of having this guy point menacingly at what might be his next opponent.

@ Biohazard: You are quite right about that head being from the chaos warriors, as well as about it having that kind of neck brace, buddy. Leaving that part intact was very much a conscious choice, though, both because I didn't want to ruin the head by shaving off too much and because the Red Butcher was left without much of a gorget after I had dug out the head from the torso. Ultimately I think it works rather well, and I don't really feel like returning to the same model for what would be the fourth of fifth time when I am really pretty happy with the way it looks now -- sorry ;)

You should enver be sorry in this sort of situation KS, I think everyone wants to give their thoughts now before there is paint on it. I'd be very much surprised if anyone was annoyed you didn't go with there view of things.

Now get some paint on him :)