The Renascibilitas Crusade [Redemptor WIP]

Marshal Mattias

I like the second iteration better as well, still looks like a zealous chapel but without looking like a siege tower. 

As a side note regarding the sponsons, I have one with them on the back, mostly because the instructions had a picture of them like that and I just copied it :lol:

My old metal version was like that, then the sponsons disintegrated over the years. They are now a metal/plastic hybrid, but still mounted at the rear (as was the design at the time). Personally, I think it looks better that way - the forward guns are a little odd because they are so stubby. I do acknowledge it would be daft to climb out in front of your own guns if the were firing, so - don't do that, I guess? Like Honda, I see the side doors as 'emergency escape hatches' rather than assault ramps. Also, technically only one is modelled as a door, even. The other should have a panel behind it for equipment storage, and there is no interior door for that gap even if you skip the panel. In short, the only time anyone is climbing out the side is in an abnormal situation, ie. "Oh dear, the vehicle is exploding around us and we're all going to die - lets hop out the side there, eh? Good thing the machine spirit is BS4 (ie as good as a marine) and knows to pause firing, if that hurricane bolter is still even working!"

Having said that, my newer LRC will be modelled with forward guns, just for variety (and theme as a pattern from a different forgeworld).

Final picky rules point: In the same way a friendly squad can fire at an enemy target through a friendly unit (through skill/timing/baddassery) so too can an LRC fire past disembarking units ;)

Edited by Marshal Mattias

So I'm going to show you a concept-mock-up-thing of something I've been contemplating for some time. I have always loved the idea of the landraider as a rolling fortress, and wanted to take this a step further and blend in some fortress-monastery/chapter-keep themes. My idea is for a reclusiam-on-wheels, a rolling chapel of ZEAL that can act as a centrepiece to my army. Here's the super-rough idea held together with blu-tack:

Now, I'll really be going to town on this, so the upper-level will be magnetised to the main body, with the intention that it can be removed in one piece (like in the bottom picture). The landraider can then be run without the tower if desired, making some gameplay/transport simpler, and the tower can be used as a piece of scenery/objective as a Templar shrine.

As you can see, there is space on top for a single model, both for Rule of Cool and to indicate the contents of the transport. This will most probably be either Grimaldus or my upcoming 'Master of Sanctity' in terminator armour, both of whom will get small magnets beneath their base to secure them to the platform during gameplay.

So, what do you think? Too much? Am I crazy? Do you think it works in an old-school grimdark Black Templar kind of way?

Impressive. Normally, I'd wonder, "How the :censored: are the Templars supposed to transport something this :censored:ing bulky to the battlefield?! And how the :censored: do they prevent it from tipping over whenever it drives over uneven terrain?!" but the Rule of Cool supersedes these complaints.

It can do with more weapons, though. Have the tower windows count as Fire Points, so embarked Templars can shoot out of it.

You also need to give the model an impressive name, increase its points value, and write rules for it. Brother Casman and I both have ideas for a Space Marine Chaplain's personal transport; feel free to take inspiration from them.

• 3 weeks later...

My Christmas present arrived from my little brother and sister, and let's just say - it rocks. I teased my sister last time I visited about how many cushions she has in her house and I guess she remembers still :P

I love it, my girlfriend is not so impressed :D

Merry ZEALmass!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to get a chance to do some painting after the weekend, so I picked up some army painter tufts of grass for spicing up some bases (usually a new purchase gets me motivated!)

I also grabbed a wee handful of chessex D4s while I was in the Orc's Nest (flgs in Covent Garden area) as I recall seeing someone use them as really smart W/HP counters (because they are pyramid shaped, they don't fall over when moving models, or get picked up by mistake when needing to throw a handful). I'm dying to get a game on soon, but I'll probably need to find a new gaming club or something and I don't want to be 'that guy' turning up with a half-painted list if they all rock gorgeous armies!

In my traditional manner, I got distracted today and rustled up a terminator-armoured inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus; accompanied by his servo skull, wrapped in unintelligible parchments of warding runes, equipped with his psybolt stormbolter and Nemesis Daemonhammer, he is a match for any daemon foe ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/56A58A86-E37C-4E3B-9AC1-4F34E5E1A9E3_zpsl3ls7tkg.jpg

The photo is very dramatic, the shadows obscuring the Inquisitor's face. Nothing more would I expect of a member of the Ordo Malleus. From what I can see, I really like your conversion and selection of bits. It seems to ma that the miniature has a "world of warcrafty" feel to it (maybe because of all the halos), which spoils it a bit for me, but just a bit. Are these bits from the new sigmar-something warriors from Warhammer fantasy?

Yeah, basically he was the guy with a skull head and the giant banner in the box set. I picked up the character for the gubbins, but felt the body was begging to be an inquisitor. The head and weapon are from the Deathwing Knights box, the right arm is repositioned and a sternguard stormbolter added. I've already considered removing the shoulder-halos to tone it down a little - haven't decided yet.

Yeah, I haven't made it work yet... Coulda sworn I've seen someone manage it somehow before, but I've lost the picture. That may well get painted over black again.

While waiting for things to dry, I popped some paint on an objective marker I made a looong time ago:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/CCFD744C-A70B-4551-8FF2-11181FA1A5B1_zpsgzvbkaj5.jpg

I rather like how it turned out, so I'll continue with these as 'breaks' between batch models ;)

My Christmas present arrived from my little brother and sister, and let's just say - it rocks. I teased my sister last time I visited about how many cushions she has in her house and I guess she remembers still :tongue.:

I love it, my girlfriend is not so impressed :biggrin.:

Merry ZEALmass!

My Christmas present arrived from my little brother and sister, and let's just say - it rocks. I teased my sister last time I visited about how many cushions she has in her house and I guess she remembers still :tongue.:

I love it, my girlfriend is not so impressed :biggrin.:

Merry ZEALmass!

O.M.G!  I must have one of these!

Hmm, I apparently like it so much I had to quote it twice?? Eh?  nvm. lol.

Edited by Eberious

Quote: "And my WIP Hereticus Inquisitor with a selection of gear to represent a Condemnor Boltgun (shotgun pattern because REASONS), and null-rod/occulum + scroll of the Liber Heresius.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/895087BF-EF8B-4661-8F3B-4E56E18CD2E5_zpsfnquxb6w.jpg

The Raging Heros people are doing some new sculpts, and they have a new inquisitor-type model that I'm going to get....

http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a442/John_Buzon/Inquisitor_zpsent0l3j0.jpg

tidying

Hehe, that's my 'construction' pile - I'm still looking for the right head for him. Needs a proper skull helmet to finish it off!

Edit:

And you can add this guy to the list!

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/2072AD05-7032-4262-AEDF-A550F68EB76A_zpsytzdsurc.jpg

While I've been intending to do a sword/shield dead for some time, I had put it off because of the expense of all the parts I wanted. Then I came across this reclamation project and couldn't resist! I've started repairs already, and he's going to need some extra chains too, but it's a great starting point! (Now I can still aim to pick up the forgeworld BT ven at a later date to complete the trio ;) )