++ The Murderers' Call - A Night Lords Community ++

Flint13

Chaplains in the Night Lords seem like they'd be the most hardass thing ever.

What's worse than a dangerous psychopath? A dangerous psychopath in a position of authority.

AND Cranked up to 11, with Oratory Skills to boot.

Why do people keep painting him with pupils?

How in the bloody world do you manage to see pupils on this model? All I see is pitch black.

What's worse than a dangerous psychopath? A dangerous psychopath in a position of authority.

O Emperor! My Emperor! The last battle is done;

Terra has weathered every death, the war we fought is won!

I mean't this guy....

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99800101006_TerminatorChaplainNEW01.jpg

....but damn that Cataphractii termy is beautiful.....You always have a beautiful model handy for any occasion Flint.

I keep imagining now a brother in dark plate cracking a Headsmen across his faceplate for daring to give him lip and then continuing a sermon with his next gesture.

Yeah I would expect VIII Legion Chaplains to be the hardasses of hardasses. It's not like Night Lords rise to positions of authority through depth or integrity.  A Chaplain would be a battle brother who exists to sharpen his brothers' hate and enforces unity on a group of post-humans whose natural tendency is to murder one another. 

I imagine NL Chaplains preach the gospel of fear and act alot like DA Interrogator Chaplains.

On a separate note has anyone read/listened to Dec BL releases concerning the VIII Legion and are they any good?

Edited by Noctem Cultor

Like... "Value of Fear"?

Totally chatting up the Ravenguard kids now to see if they though it was as goofy on their side of the fence.

I've not read that story but now I'm just picturing a NL Chaplain sinisterly leaning out of the shadows next to a pair of Raven Guard and asking in a creepy voice; "Psst, hey kids, wanna see a dead body?"

I take it with a shaving of parmesan! Just read it, not a bad little thing to pass 2 minutes, I see what they were trying to get at, however I don't understand one characters rank hypocrisy
doesn't corax just smash face of anyone from a traitor legion whether or not they have a reason?

I take it with a shaving of parmesan! Just read it, not a bad little thing to pass 2 minutes, I see what they were trying to get at, however I don't understand one characters rank hypocrisy

doesn't corax just smash face of anyone from a traitor legion whether or not they have a reason?

Well, so far we've only seen him meet one of the Traitors who claimed to be innocent and that is indeed what happened. But Gav Thorpe wrote both encounters. So....... yeah.

Well i'm also going on the fact that he says he will get them all at the end of his book too. Which implies he's not a tolerant sort. I understand the heresy is a plethora of shades, not just black and white but a bit of consistency never hurt. If he wasn't involved and it was shattered legions esque then a different story again

All that said, this doesn't seem out of character for Corax. Why would he be the tolerant type? He might be generally seen as one of the "nicer" Primarchs, which isn't really saying much when the Bromarch has the blood of entire civilizations on his hands, but why would he react any differently in these circumstances?

I have not read it myself, yet, so I might change my tune when I do.

It does nothing to explain it. If anything, the impression given is that the Night Lord is supposed to be a transplant into the XIX Legion in reverse of the Raven who joined the VIII.

So we have no transition to explain why the Primarch who executed a Traitor for pleading ignorance of the Massacre and innocence from the Betrayal suddenly allows a member of quite possibly the least trustworthy Legion to join the ranks of his own warriors.

helterskelter, where can I find your wip?

Anyone interested in seeing Curze in the "resin", go to my gallery.

Not looking forward to building him.  

Also, I would still appreciate more suggestions of painting services for him.

Thanks

Its HS WIP blog in the works in progress section of this fine forum. He actually looks ok to put together to me, and as for painting, thin layers, very thin layers, working off a grey primer. 3 to 4 layers depending of regal blue to get the base colour it took me, badab black wash as shade, 50/50 ice blue/regal blue for first highlight, blended with Asurmen blue wash all over, final highlight a drybrush of Etherium blue dry. Thats how i've done him anyway. I couldn't sleep last night coz i was too excited i had to paint

Wow Value of Fear seems to have a one sided review here. Still sounds like it might be worth a read at some point if not for a read of a NL chaplain.

Anyone listened to the watcher? Seeing as my best friend is a SW player in interested to know more to how the two acted.

Huh, that's interesting. Wonder why, just Deliverance Lost?

I loved his older stuff. The Last Chancers were some of my first 40k books, alongside Ghost Maker, Necropolis and First and Only.

I wonder if they wouldn't be as great as I remember them if I reread a couple...