Shattered Legions : Vulkan Lives! Edition... (new scheme)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I haven't posted in quite some time, so I decided it would be best to do an overdose update. The Eaters of Worlds have arrived ;)

I had to do lots of joint cutting to change the awkward poses the butchers are famous for, several of these had their hips, knees and elbows readjusted.

gallery_71633_9312_76335.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_38844.jpggallery_71633_9312_22766.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_40237.jpggallery_71633_9312_6934.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_28494.jpggallery_71633_9312_16246.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_34033.jpggallery_71633_9312_25903.jpg

gallery_71633_9312_14213.jpg

Not to be blunt, I don't like the helmet. At all.

You've got a nice flow going with the angle of the Trident and the debris on the base, at a 45-degree angle with the line of the body and the jetpack, lending a beautiful sense of movement to the model, but then all that wonderful composition is broken by the bunny-ears on the World Eaters helmet. Personally, I would choose to just use a bog-standard Mk IV helmet or one of the Destroyer variants, which, I believe, with its more angled profile, would complement the rest of the model better.

But in the end, it's your army. All I can do is offer up my opinion. Still love the rest of your stuff in general, man, and hope you continue with your wonderfully over-the-top models.

Not to be blunt, I don't like the helmet. At all.

You've got a nice flow going with the angle of the Trident and the debris on the base, at a 45-degree angle with the line of the body and the jetpack, lending a beautiful sense of movement to the model, but then all that wonderful composition is broken by the bunny-ears on the World Eaters helmet. Personally, I would choose to just use a bog-standard Mk IV helmet or one of the Destroyer variants, which, I believe, with its more angled profile, would complement the rest of the model better.

But in the end, it's your army. All I can do is offer up my opinion. Still love the rest of your stuff in general, man, and hope you continue with your wonderfully over-the-top models.

I have had that feeling for the WE helmet. I'll look into my bitz box tonsee what I can dig up as an alternate.

I like it a bit better but, if you had access to a Murmillo Helmet:

http://www.kron.it/img/wips/AR3NA/Mirmillone_wip_43.jpg

I think It'd nail the Aesthetic Better.

Archived