Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Howdy =)

Little progress on the Deredeo, i've added a nocturnean fire rune and tried to do some scales and a tabard:

gallery_79873_10422_106316.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_51315.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_44350.jpg

@Dantioch: thanks! can't wait to start on Paramar too :P

@ Black_out: :wub.:

@DimDim: hehe, i'll neeeever stop muahahah^^

@Slipstreams: and i wish i had the time to finish all the goodies faster :P

@recon0321: yeah :P my schedule is (more or less) full until summer >.<

@Dark Bjoern, he (and any other new Titans, Skitarii and Legio Cybernetica Robots in the future :p) will be Legio Fureans, his arnament is power fist, missile launcher and laser blaster (i went for the rule of cool :D)

Thanks for the replies brothers =)

@Augustus: yeah, the problem is the legs are already glued together, not sure if i can bend the knees now :Q, and i wanted a "classic" devastator pose for this one (and i want to do moreeee dreadnoughts in the future, my next deredeo will get a moving pose :tongue.:)

@Grizzly_bear: i prefere the title Lady of the Rumour Tower or  just Sister, but thanks though xD

@IHF: Deredeos_are_the_best,aren't_they?^^

@Black_out: haha, maybe with another one in the future?^^ *dark mechanicum muhaha*

Edited by Atia

Thanks for the replies brothers =)

@Augustus: yeah, the problem is the legs are already glued together, not sure if i can bend the knees now :Q, and i wanted a "classic" devastator pose for this one (and i want to do moreeee dreadnoughts in the future, my next deredeo will get a moving pose :tongue.:)

@Arkangilos: glad you like the scales :tongue.:

@Grizzly_bear: i prefere the title Lady of the Rumour Tower or  just Sister, but thanks though xD

@IHF: Deredeos_are_the_best,aren't_they?^^

@Black_out: haha, maybe with another one in the future?^^ *dark mechanicum muhaha*

Well, even with the legs like that, I suppose that rest of it can look pretty dynamic once it is put together. Maybe it just doesn't look that way now because it simply isn't put together. 

Really looking forward to it!

I doubt it. Sorry Atia, I'm a stickler for pose and I've always found those old devastator marines to look silly with their locked knees. No-one ever stood like that firing a rifle, and certainly not a machine rapidly firing super high calibre rounds AND missiles. He'd simply topple over backwards, I don't care if his feet are bigger than normal.

If you can take the legs apart (I assume you glued with superglue and not some high-end epoxy glue) than I'd certainly vouch for it. They don't have to be super dynamic, just get an eetsie peetsie bend in those knees, so that those joints at least are able to brace against the recoil. Think of it this way: if you stand with locked knees like that and someone would give you a slight push from the front, would you be able to stay standing? No, you'd have to take at least one step back. But if you bend your knees only slightly, you can brace yourself. It's the exact same physics with eddies. :tu:

I doubt it. Sorry Atia, I'm a stickler for pose and I've always found those old devastator marines to look silly with their locked knees. No-one ever stood like that firing a rifle, and certainly not a machine rapidly firing super high calibre rounds AND missiles. He'd simply topple over backwards, I don't care if his feet are bigger than normal.

If you can take the legs apart (I assume you glued with superglue and not some high-end epoxy glue) than I'd certainly vouch for it. They don't have to be super dynamic, just get an eetsie peetsie bend in those knees, so that those joints at least are able to brace against the recoil. Think of it this way: if you stand with locked knees like that and someone would give you a slight push from the front, would you be able to stay standing? No, you'd have to take at least one step back. But if you bend your knees only slightly, you can brace yourself. It's the exact same physics with eddies. :thumbsup:

It could be standing at attention? :p (Though that would be awkward with arms locked forward, lol).

so, i literally had to break his legs for re-posing him .... seems like he's truly a shattered legions dreadnought^^

med_gallery_79873_10422_120102.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_93944.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_180766.jpg

i need to repair some of the knee-damage tomorrow ....

and how he would look with arms and head:

med_gallery_79873_10422_33178.jpg

Edited by Atia

so, i literally had to break his legs for re-posing him .... seems like he's truly a shattered legions dreadnought^^

med_gallery_79873_10422_120102.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_93944.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_180766.jpg

i need to repair some of the knee-damage tomorrow ....

and how he would look with arms and head:

med_gallery_79873_10422_33178.jpg

I ran out of likes earlier today, so...

It went to being even more awesome :D

It sucks you had to break it though :(

You could totally make that into battle damage! :D

I'm sorry it broke Atia, but that battle damage looks very minor and easy to repair - use a mix of 1:1 greenstuff and milliput and you'll be fine (the milliput makes the putty blend into the rest of your model far more easily, while the gs adds strength to it).

It was totally worth it though, as his pose looks exponentially better now. Very at easy, yet dynamic now. 3x:tu:

Howdy =)

I'm sorry it broke Atia, but that battle damage looks very minor and easy to repair - use a mix of 1:1 greenstuff and milliput and you'll be fine (the milliput makes the putty blend into the rest of your model far more easily, while the gs adds strength to it).

It was totally worth it though, as his pose looks exponentially better now. Very at easy, yet dynamic now. 3x:tu:

yeah, he looks better at the end of the day <3

His leggies do look better now, you can repair that no sweat! Really looking forward to seeing this guy sallied up

here you go master helterskelter:

med_gallery_79873_10422_253322.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10422_60247.jpg

hope you like him so far :P