Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Very cool!

What condition did the autocannon barrels arrive in? I've heard stories of various FW autocannon barrels arriving rainbow-shaped. There's a picture somewhere (I can't seem to find it now) of a Sicaran that arrived with barrels that were so hideously warped that they could shoot around corners. Was that an issue with the Deredeo?

Howdy! :)

Ahh im glad someone else is putting bits on toooo :biggrin.: he's looking good so far atia, will look exceptionally good in green!

that's why the Deredeo is such a great model ... you can use him plain for legions like death guard or iron warriors, or you use the space to bling him up :)

Those scales are awesome. I can't wait for you to paint this guy in your awesome paint scheme!

Wow, you are getting aggressively good at greenstuffing.

You go green, girl :biggrin.:

I agree, great work so far.

thanks Brothers and Sister :) The 'manders give me the oppurtunity to do something with Greenstuff, unlike the Death Guard :P glad you all like the scales =)

Very cool!

What condition did the autocannon barrels arrive in? I've heard stories of various FW autocannon barrels arriving rainbow-shaped. There's a picture somewhere (I can't seem to find it now) of a Sicaran that arrived with barrels that were so hideously warped that they could shoot around corners. Was that an issue with the Deredeo?

med_gallery_79873_10422_99222.jpg

they were indeed warped, but that's no problem, you can easily fix that with very hot water :P

looking good atia .that sure is one big gun platform .

the funny thing about forge world is the hold they have on us with the resin crack, if you spent the money on any other product from other companies and it came warped and needing a bath to get rid of the mould release you would demand money back or replacements :laugh.:

my name is daemonclaw and i am a resin addict :cool.:

Howdy :P

i've finished the other side of the dread :teehee:

gallery_79873_10422_91830.jpg

The Deredeo is looking great!
Not a model I liked at first, but seeing pictures like yours I'm really warming up to it. :smile.:

thanks man, glad you like him :)

looking good atia .that sure is one big gun platform .

the funny thing about forge world is the hold they have on us with the resin crack, if you spent the money on any other product from other companies and it came warped and needing a bath to get rid of the mould release you would demand money back or replacements :laugh.:

my name is daemonclaw and i am a resin addict :cool.:

:P at least it's thousand times better than failcast :)

my name is atia, and i'm a forgeworld addict :D

Ah, interesting. Thanks for sharing that pic.

no problem =)

I'm liking the scales (especially on the knee and right under it, oh and the cloth and stuff :biggrin.: ). I do have a question though, why the random single scales scattered throughout?

thanks =) in my imagination, the scales are both decoration and battle-damage-repair (so instead of "reforging" him, they add scales over the damaged piece) =) also, forgeworld has used a similiar design on their contemptor:

med_gallery_79873_10422_6249.jpg

Edited by Atia

Yeah I had the same thought. Barnacles or smallpox. ;) But that's just because of the colour difference between the resin and the GS right now. I am absolutely positive that with your apinting skills this will turn out to look like the scales they represent. :tu: :d

Will there also be a scaled hide between the legs? 

Howdy =)

I present you .... Arkathas Ythedon, Chieftain of the Catulan Reavers, Commander of the Ikon, Consul-Delegatus of the Sons of Horus:

gallery_79873_10424_4353.jpg

I can't help but think the scales look a little like barnacles. I think it's mainly the color difference right now. They look just like the FW one you showed so I'm sure it's fine.

Yeah I had the same thought. Barnacles or smallpox. :wink: But that's just because of the colour difference between the resin and the GS right now. I am absolutely positive that with your apinting skills this will turn out to look like the scales they represent. :thumbsup::biggrin.:

Will there also be a scaled hide between the legs?

while i too thought they looked a little like barnacles ,i also realised that indeed many lizards and amphibians have very spiky scales so its all good:thumbsup:

haha, i call them self "poxies" atm :biggrin.: also, these are alien-dragon-scales from a Deathworld-planet, i think they are a little bit like crocodile scales:

gallery_79873_10422_80862.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_23179.jpg

Edited by Atia

Progress!!

My Firedrake tactical veteran Sergeant - WIP:

gallery_79873_10422_14921.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_6001.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_27505.jpg

A Legion-vexilla:

gallery_79873_10422_80956.jpg

Deredeo and Consul ready for painting:

gallery_79873_10422_117984.jpg

I love that SoH Delegatus. I know the majority of the model is stock but the pose is cool. Is it just for the March, or will there be more?

this one is for the March, but i want to do some SoH in the distant future (maybe after Paramar?)

Howdy =)

thanks for comments, i really appreciate it :)

Ladies and gents, i present you: Master Nae'smo, Commander of the Firedrake Jetbike cohort, Realm of Hesiod - WIP

gallery_79873_10422_58739.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_51813.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_122215.jpg

gallery_79873_10422_129.jpg

hope you like him :P

how did you make the salamander scales? are awesome!!

glad you like them, i've just modeled them with green stuff, scale for scale^^ :p they are very small, so i'm not sure if i'm able to do a picture guide :/