Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Wow, she? is pretty, a really beautiful rendition Atia, congratulations. Strange, I know, but I especially like the claws on her feet/hooves.

And yes, that's one pert bottom. :wink:

Haha, thanks, glad you like her :D

I wonder what she's capable of doing with those tentacle dreads.... :blink.:

Fantastic work, Atia. Absolutely fantastic.

Now onto the Scorpion!!!!

Ehm, well, I could tell you what she can do with her tentacles, but I think it would get deleted by the Inquisition :P

Glad you like her! Yeah, currently looking through the bits - that thing has more armour plates than I would have imagined ^.^ 

I laughed when I read her full title. Nice.

Really like the trandition from dark to light on her headtentacles, and that sword looks quite shiny.

Haha :D

Thanks =)

Now I know what an asari daemon princess looks like...

My favorite part of the model itself is that it's got four shoulder blades, one for each arm. Someone knows their biology! :biggrin.:

She looks good, though I feel the whitish pink on her belly and between her breasts in the last picture looks chalky.

Someone brought her A* game out.

How dare you make me think about reviewing how I do things :tongue.:

It's really quite outstanding.

Queen of both rumour's and Slaanesh it seems :happy.:

Thanks Helter! :D 

Excellent job Atia congratz on finishing your first vow! :thumbsup:

She looks great. :smile.:

I wonder what she's capable of doing with those tentacle dreads.... :blink.:

Fantastic work, Atia. Absolutely fantastic.

Now onto the Scorpion!!!!

I've watched enough anime to figure that one out

Hehe, hehe ;)

You know she does kind of look like the girl I dated last summer, cloven hoof, horns and all... :-P  Really great looking model Atia, the transition on the tentacles like others have said look great.

Glad you like her buddy!

Now I know what an asari daemon princess looks like...

My favorite part of the model itself is that it's got four shoulder blades, one for each arm. Someone knows their biology! :-D

She looks good, though I feel the whitish pink on her belly and between her breasts in the last picture looks chalky.

Yeah, the model itself is great in concept, but the molding wasn't the best. It's sadly not really smooth there, hence the bit of chalkiness (although its more on the picture, in life it's no issue atleast for me). 

• 2 weeks later...

Progress!!

med_gallery_79873_10492_3532.jpg

med_gallery_79873_10492_267468.jpg

Hope you like it so far ^.^

Fantastic work as ever Atia, she is beautiful :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

Absolutely freaking amazing all of it you are a master of your craft Atia going through your thread has been extremely inspirational I hope to eventually come close to the level you paint, model, and write fluff on

Haha awww thanks :blush.:

Oh that's silly pretty.

... actually I'm pretty sure I have a nail color like that called Juicy Blood Orange :biggrin.:

Hehe glad you like it :biggrin.:

So how many coats is that red? Saw the WIP on bunnies and was like hmmm.. Dat gal crazy, but looks good. Is that how FW do their stuff?

It was six coats at the end. Although I should note, I re-did the pre-shading. My first attempt was done in hurry and during a brainlag. For the future - pre-shading goes over the trim, not next to it :tongue.:

Edit: Also, yes, that's how FW does their glossy stuff :)

Edited by Atia

And you were worried that you wouldn't do a good job on the armour. Good thing you know how to prove yourself wrong Atia. Great work on the paint job. :thumbsup:

Haha, well, you know, me and WIP stuff .... :rolleyes: ... always think it looks bad 'till it's finished :P

KoS and Brass Scorpion look amazing!! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dantay :)

Now that is SHINY!!! 

Nicely done, and although, oooooo, "SHINY" :woot: , I especially like the brass effect, once again, great work.

Glad you like it so far ^.^

Holy crap that's pretty. Wow. :drool:

This is going to be the best Scorpion I've seen on this forum. :wub.:

Big big big thanks Auggi :>

Although, my vote still goes for yours ;)

Great job! I'm curious how it will be at the end... and btw give that scorpion a cool scenic base. He deserves it!

Thanks! Yeah, I have one planned featuring a teaser of my next Marine army after my Word Bearers, but I still need something to use as a base. His size will be around a Baneblade once finished - so any ideas for that are appreciated! 

What about a lazy susan type thing such as the Am-tech S5320 rotary platform

It is super cheap on Amazon.

I got one for my airbrushing, but the bearings are pretty lousy, however!!! You could use it as a scenic base. maybe even chop down the middle for 2 bases, as both sides are the same.

I would avoid to make him standing over something (imperial building or imperial people) because is too classic.

Considering that you'll use it with your WB, i think it would be better make him come out from warp.

Think about Maloq Kartho, the Dark Apostle is praising the Dark Ones to give him a machine to annihilate the unbelievers.
The altar of skulls was raised, the sacrifices are done on the big Khorne symbol traced in blood on the ground, the litanies of pain are raging on and suddenly a warp gate open up and the shiny beast emerge, the engines screams, after his passage there is only blood mixed to oil.

Whoa... scary...

:D

As a base, I would think Imperial city, maybe use a Basilica or a Sanctum Imperialis knocked down with the Scorpion scuttling over it. Or even through it.

Something like this?

Or standing proud over a dead Imperial Knight?

Hey! First I need something for the base itself (you know, the black ovale ^.^) before I can think about what exactly I want to do. I have some ideas though - maybe a destroyed Dreadnought or something else. :)

What about a lazy susan type thing such as the Am-tech S5320 rotary platform

It is super cheap on Amazon.

I got one for my airbrushing, but the bearings are pretty lousy, however!!! You could use it as a scenic base. maybe even chop down the middle for 2 bases, as both sides are the same.

That platform would be cool, but I'm searching for something ovale, basically the Knight Base but a bit larger, around the size of a fellblade.

I would avoid to make him standing over something (imperial building or imperial people) because is too classic.

Considering that you'll use it with your WB, i think it would be better make him come out from warp.

Think about Maloq Kartho, the Dark Apostle is praising the Dark Ones to give him a machine to annihilate the unbelievers.

The altar of skulls was raised, the sacrifices are done on the big Khorne symbol traced in blood on the ground, the litanies of pain are raging on and suddenly a warp gate open up and the shiny beast emerge, the engines screams, after his passage there is only blood mixed to oil.

Whoa... scary...

:biggrin.:

Hehe - I have an idea for something similiar as mission marker ;)

med_gallery_79873_10492_803366.png