Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy :smile.:

Little update on my Gal Vorbak:

gallery_79873_10492_176414.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_152867.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_102185.jpg

I also finished that guy today:

med_gallery_79873_10492_191328.jpg

And I can't wait to build this guy - there are so many awesome models to do in the next months, it's really exciting ^.^

med_gallery_79873_10492_688456.jpg

Edited by Atia

Pretty sure you've come on leaps and bounds this past year with your painting: very impressive :thumbsup:

How did you achieve the mottled affect on the Scorpion? Was it something in the HH Masterclass book, or?

Thanks Jolemai <3

The Scorpion was done with a mix of techniques from both the 2nd and the HH Masterclass book yes. To give you an image (note: I actually re-did the lines and pre-shading, this was my first attempt and I was NOT happy with the pre-shading. I did it thinner the second time. But it shows you the technique)

gallery_79873_10492_40667.jpg

Silver Basecoat, Zenithal highlites with a lighter tone

med_gallery_79873_10492_69988.jpg

Gal Vorbak red lines for the effect

gallery_79873_10492_1155.jpg

pre-shading, green is where shadows are darker (note: i re-did that, my shadows are now thinner. You spray it over the trim, not next to it >.>)

after several coats of Angron Red* it will end up like this

20160623_233423%2B%2528800x450%2529.jpg

Edited by Atia

The preparatory steps in the third picture look completely counter-intuitive - like something that could only possibly turn into a disaster - and yet it looks so good with the red added on top! I love that!

I have zero interest in getting into airbrushing myself, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy seeing the technique being pulled off in style. Very nice, Atia! :)

Wow...

And it's probably been said before...dat red tho...

That brass scorpion...dammmnnnnnn

Thanks =)

I'm still stunned that I got the Badge of the Artificer for her though - I totally was in an Irish Pub with bad internet connection when I saw it, and squeaked xD

Great stuff! :smile.:

Looking good!

Thanks guys :)

The preparatory steps in the third picture look completely counter-intuitive - like something that could only possibly turn into a disaster - and yet it looks so good with the red added on top! I love that!

I have zero interest in getting into airbrushing myself, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy seeing the technique being pulled off in style. Very nice, Atia! :smile.:

Thanks buddy =)

And yeah, I was like "well, let's risk it - I need to believe in Forgeworlds techniques!" ^^

Quick question in regards to your large FW Daemons: did you pin them and if so, how did you go about doing it?

Ehm yes, I did. Did it like all the other stuff I had to pin, with a drilling machine - I guess if the electronic version is too risky for you, you could go away with a hand drill. Nothing fancy for them ^^ 

(and stuff like An'ggrath' axe or wings, or Zarakynels arms/tentacles/studs need it tbh)

What type of pin did you use? Was it one thick pin or multiple small ones? Material? Thanks :smile.:

Basically I've got a rather large counts-as Daemon to pin in the near future...

I'm using some kind of straight floral wire sticks for it. It's quite sturdy and so far, it did what I wanted from it ^^

med_gallery_79873_10492_47661.jpg

Awesome idea using the Blight Knight bits with the Gal Vorbak... I may have to steal that.

Thanks :smile.: - and yeah, go for it. Was really fun to convert these dudes :biggrin.:

Oh, and I have a teaser for you guys :tongue.:

med_gallery_79873_10492_100286.jpg

Edited by Atia

Your mad skills never cease to amaze me Atia I'm not really particularly even a fan of the ghal vorbak models but you managed to make them awesome. Not that it comes as a surprise I've yet to see any of your work that wasn't awesome.

Haha thanks :blush.:

*puts a pillow over my face*

Hmmm. Those legs look cool.

Kinda remind me of the missus :biggrin.:

:wacko.: .... you fenrisians are weird if your missus has legs like the mhara gal - especially that extra toe :P

Hidden Content
20160623_233423%2B%2528800x450%2529.jpg

Well, I'll be damned. That's good. Bloody good. Kudos. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :wub.:

You can see her finished here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291212-atias-horus-heresy-thread-gal-vorbak-wip/?p=4446997

gallery_79873_10492_377044.jpg

MAN I missed a lot. I was like "let's go to Atia's thread for a peek, haven't been there in a while" and I get drowned in Gal Vorbak, Layak and his Blade Slaves, and soon the Mara Ghal. Fantastic work all around, Atia. Your painting is beautiful as always!