Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Looks good

Thanks buddy :)

I really like the colors you’re using on your ZM tiles but aren’t you concerned that your DG will blend into the scenery? The colors are very similar to my eye but that might just be the pics.

Actually, I was a bit. But the ZM is quite a lot darker than the DG, so they will still stick out quite good =)

Also, the Sons of Mortarion are not my only army ^^

Yep yep yep! Keep it coming! I cannot wait to see a battle report featuring this board.

Also, those chevrons. Damn! They make my bitter heart jealous that I could never get them to look that good on my old Iron Warriors.

Going to go to a corner and just build a trebuchet to ease my jealously.:biggrin.:

Yep yep yep! Keep it coming! I cannot wait to see a battle report featuring this board.

Also, those chevrons. Damn! They make my bitter heart jealous that I could never get them to look that good on my old Iron Warriors.

Going to go to a corner and just build a trebuchet to ease my jealously.:biggrin.:

Aww glad you like it! Plan is to do a 3'x3' board for the first Battle Report! Should be big enough for 750-1000 points I guess?

Looks rgeat. I have to say, your stuff makes me enthusiastic about ZM... Where can I find the rules for it?

Thanks Auggi :blush.:.

Depending on your ruleset and edition, you have a few different choices.

30k has them in ... I think the first 2 Black Books  1st and 3rd Black Book - including an awesome expansion for ship to ship and void battle stuff! You can also read the basic 7th edition rules here:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Warhammer_40000/Zone_Mortalis_Expansion.pdf

8th edition 40k currently has no updated version - I think we may get them with the upcoming Imperial Armour with Red Scorpions/Minotaurs/Mechanicus vs T'au!

That said, there is a fan made version for 8th - I didn't tried it yet, but have a look:

http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1238

They are done by Georgoroth over on the Heresy 8th edition project: http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/topic/10855-zone-mortalis-8th-ed-conversion/

Edited by Atia

When you get it going please post a battle report! I always loved skirmish games like kill team but ZM took that idea up to 11.

Yep, already on my list. What armies would you like to see featured? How does Ultramarines vs Death Guard sounds to you :D?

In other news - Zone Mortalis bridge - now with added rust :teehee:

gallery_79873_10492_58124.jpg

When you get it going please post a battle report! I always loved skirmish games like kill team but ZM took that idea up to 11. 

Yep, already on my list. What armies would you like to see featured? How does Ultramarines vs Death Guard sounds to you :biggrin.:?

I can dig it :cool.:

The rust effect also looks great!

The rust on the bridge section really looks good. What did you use to achieve that look? The transfers for the ZM tiles are the greatest thing ever! I bought the IG transfer sheets to add some interesting numbers and stuff to my ZM but I’m glad I didn’t use them yet. I’ll be using Drake’s instead.

Howdy Guys and Girls :)

Little update - did some progress on the first tile, still need to do some weathering etc!

gallery_79873_10492_133669.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_175104.jpg

Cool, look forward to seeing it :smile.:

Good rust!

Thanks guys =)

The rust on the bridge section really looks good. What did you use to achieve that look? The transfers for the ZM tiles are the greatest thing ever! I bought the IG transfer sheets to add some interesting numbers and stuff to my ZM but I’m glad I didn’t use them yet. I’ll be using Drake’s instead.

Glad you like it! It's Forgeworld weathering powder sealed with this pigment fixer and the new GW varnish spray on top (which won't change your colour anymore, unlike the old purity seal!).

Can't wait to try the transfers on my own tiles (they are on the way - yay!). :teehee: