Atia's Thread (Legions Imperialis: Sons of Horus Kratos pg. 107)

Atia

Always a treat to see your little Titans. Great stuff in this project log. 

Thanks for the nice words Ashenwyte :wub:

Work on my Imperial Hunters continues - and fans of my beloved Brass Scorpion will know where I'm heading .... :sweat:

Hidden Content
gY078Zc.jpg
Edited by Atia

Hi Atia, long time since I checked in. Your stuff is looking great . So hyped for your Solaira Titans.

Glad to see you're back buddy =)

Hobbytime slowed down over the last days as we moved to a new appartment - but I'm back in the hobby chair! 

Hidden Content

cJsrZBR.jpg

jR2vUsH.jpg

76n4aCl.jpg

SAXw29T.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the plate so far - still need to do a bit of weathering and transfers of course - hope you guys and girls like :smile.:

Edited by Atia

Wow! That's awesome, I love how you did the green like that on the colors. How did you do the detail?

Glad you like it! Basically, I first start with the white using my airbrush - than I add the "splonges" that will be white later with liquid masking tape:

FyB4CBZ.jpg

Let it dry for a bit (but not too long) and than go over it with a sponge using different shades of green. Later I did some very light grey sponging over the white areas too to blend it all together. Transfers and weathering also helps with that!

:teehee:

Howdy Guys and Girls - a little bit more progress on the Legio Solaria front ! Tell me what you think :wub:

Hidden Content

PNRSQiE.jpg

puY1Aeo.jpg

YYVwqVL.jpg

hvlJptp.jpg

CmcdENF.jpg

Noice! So are these loyalists?

Glad you like it :blush.:!

And yep, they are an all-female loyalist legio - and the stars of the new Titandeath novel from Black Library (which is bae - read it!). They favour Warhounds, similiary to the Legio Audax on the traitors side. 

Edited by Atia

I really like how the paintjob looks, and the model is coming along very nicely.

.... Also, okay, is it just me, or does the Reaver there look like a very angry slug with that paintjob and the lack of any limbs? :laugh.:

Glad you like it so far! And haha - well, with arms they look like Grumpy TurtlesTM in my honest opinion! :teehee:

Titans are looking gorgeous!

Thaaanks hushroooong! :blush.:

Late to the thread beautiful stuff here. I’m so tempted to jump in but suck at painting flat surfaces

Welcome on board :blush.:! I know what you mean - but an airbrush (or a good spray paint), good quality transfer sheets, maybe a sponge aswell as weathering are your friends!  :biggrin.:

Also I have no idea what Audax looks like!

Afaik we only have the artwork from Betrayer (?) to go by, so it may change once Forgeworld does their lovely artworks, but:

jJ4oDpm.jpg

Some Guy did a Warhound based on said artwork - here's a link to his flickr:

Hidden Content
j8fk7Hk.jpg
Edited by Atia

Thank ya mam! I’m such a stickler for sticking to cannon I’m worried I’m goin to start something and gw is going to be like nahhhh this is audax

Haha totally feel ya :blush.:

How do you know that the betrayer warhound isn't loyalist

Iirc it matches their description in said novel (which also features them quite heavily) :sweat:

In other news - proooogress! Still need to do weathering and transfers :whistling:

Un5L9ik.jpg

0qOSX1t.jpg

LQZAQUe.jpg

Thanks for the feedback you two :wub:

Wasn't home over the weekend and forgot to post the thirsday pictures but well, here they are:

yrcEpl9.jpg

8UZJdsL.jpg

Also snaped some pictures from Morty and Typhon using my new background - hope you like!

lN9iHtj.jpg

asBzl4u.jpg

5tFAToe.jpg

pe0VXXJ.jpg

RFaLy0T.jpg

AupqUuX.jpg?1

9BS1ZMn.jpg?1

lDIHTix.jpg?1

Tell me what you think =)

Edited by Atia