[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

Much to my chagrin IT FETHING DID THE RAT :cuss:

It landed and I punched it with a knight and Reaver till it had ONE FRICKING HULL POINT. Then it flew off the next turn laughing. The SW player then redirected all the firepower at it to knock it down, but it had as much effect as a dog barking at a flying goose :P

Spend the 150 points for the D blast, that goes without saying...

Lascannons and the nope missiles did a number on our knight Titans from what I heard. It's biggest accomplishment was just ignoring anything we short at it when it came in so we ignored it till it landed. It dropped off Magy, a Levi, and a busload of space wizard terminators. It also helped that they dropped that strategic generator card for apocalypse on it so we couldn't target it in shooting.

Honestly, you could have gotten a thunder hawk to do something similiar and survive, and it would've been less expensive in money/points, but i can't deny that it took over control of the middle of the field.

We could have been jerks and put tanks and such that it couldn't land, but we wanted a fun game lol :P

...did I mention we played on a huge table?

Nice, I can't deny that its a really nice model and it seems to put the hurt down as well. Get any full scale pictures of the battle?

Right side (infantry battle):

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/5F32C530-5F93-4440-9BEE-A72CAB19DF8B_zpsfblv7ur7.jpg

My army:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/3006EE61-A570-4DA0-91AF-C762A3418AD4_zpsvnnw6fz5.jpg

Left flank (armor and knight battle - somewhere around 20 land raiders here+Spartans and SH)

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/859135FD-D571-43B8-8AAD-3DAF0CF128E4_zpss9bsln2q.jpg

Loyalist push Beer 2, my Fellblade/ Deredeo/Levi hurt that flank with all the infantry pouring in:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/C731E58C-2B6E-4417-94F6-4356E1F05E3C_zpsrgy3kj2l.jpg

Swirling melee of Reavers, Athrawes Psi Titan and Stormbird, objective is eldar thingy:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/B48D737D-AE59-40D5-AFFB-B9BEBBD5170C_zps38vlhaxo.jpg

Cue ride of the Valkyrie:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/F5367EAC-03A2-49D0-8F0C-746E5D92E843_zpsierk5ebk.jpg

My favorite picture, Russ and dog pack launch into Magnus and his space wizards:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/treacyjohn2/C451493E-FE3D-463C-85C4-E9E44FB5C8E1_zpshpguhm3l.jpg

Will repost on SoH plog :)

Hilariously, between our two Atrapos knights and Athrawes' psi warlord, we caused 3 vortex templates that flew around the board :D

One sucked a bunker and ammo dump off of some heavy support marines as they sat in it :P it proceeded to eat 3 land raiders...

Also, the Luna Wolves player I faced had a diversity hire as he popped one of his TS libbies in with his reaver squad lol

Our Vlyka player banned us from using the word psychic phase on our side, so I elected to use the word "Wolf Phase"....

I see I hit a nerve. Let's enumerate all the ways you're objectively wrong.

I was going for comedic reflection of the logic (hence the smiley face) but objectively?  Comeon...My point is that Maloghurst unlocks Vets/Reavers while using a rite.  Anything that stops you using the rite you want is bad.  If you don't use a rite you're usually better off using a Praetor and PotL/Black Reaving.

6. If you don't see the value of relentless rapiers... in Long March...

Ick. That hits a nerve due to the beardy nature but it depends on your group.

Edited by Sanct

I'd really like to run a 3000 pt SOH and Death Guard combined force. What would be the best way of doing this?  I assume SOH would need to be Primary due to bitter pride?   Any synergies or combo's I might have overlooked?

I think this sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Anyone tried Outflanking Plasma Outriders? Seem like a great unit with LA:SoH

I considered using a unit starting on the board but that's likely a better idea for them!

I'm not the first one to consider this, but can SoH moritats get BS6 due to death dealers? It's a legion trait, not a blessing or benefit from a RoW. Therefore, if you roll a 1 with plasma, you can reroll for a 6, and more than likely miss, but at least avoid a gets hot!

I considered using a unit starting on the board but that's likely a better idea for them!

I'm not the first one to consider this, but can SoH moritats get BS6 due to death dealers? It's a legion trait, not a blessing or benefit from a RoW. Therefore, if you roll a 1 with plasma, you can reroll for a 6, and more than likely miss, but at least avoid a gets hot!

RaW I don't see why that wouldn't work. It's not like it broken either considering the re-roll is a 6.

RaW I don't see why that wouldn't work. It's not like it broken either considering the re-roll is a 6.
Just thought of how broken a SoH moritat could be rerolling 1's from Long March :P

Edit: I want to add *was joking because I know someone would scream at me since you can't benefit from a RoW

Edited by depthcharge12

I wanted to ask, how come that in the the HH: Age of darkness_legions book, under special unit : termintaors out of all special unit termintators, only Justerians cant take spartan as dedicited transport?

Is this some mistake, or they can, but it is not put in book for some odd reason... or :cuss son of horus must use HS slot for spartan?

We have to use a Heavy Support slot. No reason at all, FW staff either genuinely decided Justaerin didn't deserve one or made a mistake and then never bothered fixing it.

It's never bothered me though, because I don't think Justaerin should be used in a Spartan, but I can see the irritation

So I've been musing (which always leads up to no good) about running Horus with a blob of Tartaros terminators. Slap in a bunch of combi weapons, but the nice thing is that they can overwatch when they teleport in, not to mention being able to sweep along with dad.

Horus

Primus Medicae

+ Tartaros armor, power fist

5 Tartaros terminators

+ 5 combi melta, 3 chainfists, 2 power fists

Horus' +1 BS doesn't really even matter anymore due to death dealers so he can shoot off his big beam o' death.

So I've been musing (which always leads up to no good) about running Horus with a blob of Tartaros terminators. Slap in a bunch of combi weapons, but the nice thing is that they can overwatch when they teleport in, not to mention being able to sweep along with dad.

Horus

Primus Medicae

+ Tartaros armor, power fist

5 Tartaros terminators

+ 5 combi melta, 3 chainfists, 2 power fists

Horus' +1 BS doesn't really even matter anymore due to death dealers so he can shoot off his big beam o' death.

I've been considering this too, although I'm still too big of a fan of Justaerin to not take them with Horus. The thing I think about is that the stuff I want to point Horus st is typically Fearless/Stubborn anyway so the ability to sweep doesn't matter so much.

I don't really see the point of Horus with Justaerin. They are individually bad-ass enough that they don't need each other's help, and putting them together just lets your opponent concentrate all their S8+ fire on that one unit, rendering the extra wounds null and void.

Agreed. That's why I'm thinking of just running him with some Tartaros terminators or despoiler squad. He's no slouch in melee, he really only needs ablative wounds and some dudes with combi weapons to utilize his teleport trick.

Justaerin should be off on their own causing havoc and dividing your opponent's army. Or you can utilize Black Reaving to get Horus/tarts into combat and then charge with your Justaerin the turn after that to get rage on them :devil:

Horus's teleport trick is dumb, because it means you are unable to assault at least until turn 3. Drop him in a dreadclaw!

Sekhmet terminators utilizing Magnus rite of war doohickey. Means they lose their rerolls of 1's T3. Very niche, but I see it.