[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

I expect we will see more psychic shenanigans with the Thousand Sons. Word Bearers would probably be your second best bet, with pretty much all of your HQs having the ability to gain Burning Lore for more warp dice.

You can do obnoxious things with daemon allies, but a 40k-style summon train in 30K seems inappropriate.

I was aiming at telepathy - and try that invisibilty for assault squad. That way they would appear as some kind of a threat. But now i am thinking, chaplain with rerolls is sure thing, while libby is "what if he does not get his powers XD" 

But 30k should not be playing op lists anyhow... 

silly question but dont have access to any of the books, my questions is what units gets the bonuses from the long match? i mean do dreadnought for excamble get to reroll 1s first turn? also with deathdealers who gets the +1 bs in the soh army? ty for the help

silly question but dont have access to any of the books, my questions is what units gets the bonuses from the long match? i mean do dreadnought for excamble get to reroll 1s first turn? also with deathdealers who gets the +1 bs in the soh army? ty for the help

Im not very familiar with the Long March but i can check when i get home in a few hours...Death Dealers however applies to any Legion Astartes unit with a Pistol, Assault or Rapidfire weapon within 12" of its target

"The Long March" allows you to re-rolls 1's To Hit for all units in the Detachment in the first turn. Dreadnoughts, Tanks, Infantry, all of them. Given they can't take Fortifications or Allies, this means your whole army gets the benefit. What's interesting is that you technically get it in the opponent's first turn too, so you have better Overwatch and Interceptor.

"The Long March" allows you to re-rolls 1's To Hit for all units in the Detachment in the first turn. Dreadnoughts, Tanks, Infantry, all of them. Given they can't take Fortifications or Allies, this means your whole army gets the benefit. What's interesting is that you technically get it in the opponent's first turn too, so you have better Overwatch and Interceptor.

so is that the standard consensus that its your turn one and opponents turn one? that would make me like it alot more :)

Edited by thamier

Best about the rite is Veterans via Maloghurst, armed with combi plas in dreadclaws.. drop in, 20 Plasma Shots hitting on 2s with reroll 1s and wounding pretty much anyhing beside MCs on 2+.. that is 17 ap2 wounds in your face.. probaly the best alpha strike unit in the game in terms of points/efficiency ratio..

5 in a dreadclaw? Well, that is not what I suppose to be alpha strike :) 10 shots less is no alpha strike IMHO.

You can swap the veterans vs plasma support squads as well, but they end up more expensive AND they propably won't survive the enemies turn as a constant plasma threat is something different as a combi weapon unit that might not soak ALL the punishment..

it can do its torch every time it moves over models right? so turn one it can turbo boost over enemy squad/vehicle turn two move over in hovermode then turboboost back over same for 2 flame attacks per round?

Can't do it twice because it only works during Movement phase.

Deathstorm is 90 with frags and 120 with krak missiles.

is it only on movement phase isent when it passes over models? i must have read it wrong

i made a 2000points list and would like to hear what you guys think of ir

sons of horus traitor

rite the long war

hq

maloghurst

master of signals

elits 2 x contemptor mortis with dual kheres

troops

all marksmen

10 vets in rhino dozer 2 plasma meltaboms vexcila sarge with combi melta AA powersword

2x 8 vets all with combi plasma sargents with power wepon and AA

fast attack 2 dreadclaws for the two vet squads

heavy support

deathstorm droppod with droppod assult

heavy support squad with full missile launches and augery scanner

a total of 1997 points

sons of horus traitor

rite the long war

hq

maloghurst

master of signals

troops

all marksmen

10 vets in rhino dozer 2 plasma meltaboms vexcila sarge with combi melta AA powersword

heavy support

a total of 1997 points

You're going to be SoL if there's any tank presence. I'd drop the MoS and missile squad, and swap out the two dreads for 3 cortus dreads with some lascannons or Kheres/grav. That, or take a Deredeo with either the lascannons or sunder autocannons. Rapier las destroyers are great for the points to kill tanks.

sons of horus traitor

rite the long war

hq

maloghurst

master of signals

troops

all marksmen

heavy support

a total of 1997 points

You're going to be SoL if there's any tank presence. I'd drop the MoS and missile squad, and swap out the two dreads for 3 cortus dreads with some lascannons or Kheres/grav. That, or take a Deredeo with either the lascannons or sunder autocannons. Rapier las destroyers are great for the points to kill tanks.

i dont know what SoL is ut im guessing i need to save up and buy cortus dread or a deredeo then :)

sons of horus traitor

rite the long war

hq

maloghurst

master of signals

troops

all marksmen

heavy support

a total of 1997 points

i dont know what SoL is ut im guessing i need to save up and buy cortus dread or a deredeo then :smile.:

lol sorry it's an American term for crap out of luck. You have the ability to take on tanks, but in my experience, AV13 and AV14 vehicles rule 30k, so krak missiles won't cut it. I highly recommend the Deredeo because even though it's S8 with the Anvilus Autocannons, Sunder more than makes up for that and will eat a Sicaran tank a turn. Kheres cannons are awesome, but unless you have tank hunters on the dreadnought, you'll get caught fishing for 6's. Lascannons, grav, and rapiers will do wonders.

You don't want to get caught with your pants down against high AV lists. While I like Mortis contemptors....I find that dreads without ccws get assaulted and bogged down, not letting them shoot their valuable weapons.

Hey guys new to SoH, just brainstorming ideas. Reading through the thread. Seeing a lot of recommendations to DS Horus with Termies. Is that the best use of him? Yeah he doesn't scatter buts it's a turn 3 charge at best. I guess he has his lance at least, are you normally running him with melta terms to pop a tank turn 2? Wouldn't he be better in a spartan or Dreadclaw for a turn 2 charge? Then you can use the lance later when he runs out of stuff to kill.

Can confirm, tested the idea of a Dreadclaw filled with 10 sniper vets, 7 combi-plasmas and 2 flamers with the Long March; turn 1 they arrive and delete 90% of Dorn's retinue and leave him open to being charged by 3 Cortus Dreadnoughts....terrifyingly effective and managed to eliminate about 9 Breachers with FNP, their Apothecary and Chaplain. Worth 380pts